After Scorponok, who’s next for Titan Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blackzarak, Raiden, maybe a new Metro/God Ginrai and I’ll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

Same here dude. I had him as a kid and loved all modes. He was as wide as he was tall. Just a brickhouse and I hope....really really hope they revisit him!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with an oversized ko of G1 Metroplex.

• Like Like x 2
  4. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In addition to that, I would also be thrilled for a Legend or WST G1 Metroplex into my collection. My WST UM needs his citybot to command.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

You know G1 Metroplex works nicely with the World's Smallest Transformers.

6. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are correct in that sense. I also want a miniature G1 WST size since they look so cool in that scale. Got the SD Master Made Metroplex, but he's more of a Generation Metroplex rather than G1.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Bringing this thread back. Scorponok is this year. We've had Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Devastator and Predaking. So what really is left?
    I dont see Black Zarak coming west. Thats going to be a Takara repaint.
    Raiden is supposedly teased over in Japan.
    Primus will have to be another Haslab, probably cheaper than Unicron because the mold exists.

So whats left? Redo the CW Combiners to a Devastator scale? I could see them doing this. change all the Deluxe transformers to Voyagers and change the centerpiece from a Voyager to either a Leader class or the newer Leader class with added elements. Or rerelease the deluxe transformers and just add elements to the voyagers to make them bigger. would be a cheap copout though. Personally I'd love it if they just released a oversized version of Volcanicus. The Dinobots in POTP were great but they are pretty small in comparison to the other Transformers. And since Scale is important now, we'll see what happens there.

There's Tidalwave, who is always a fan favorite for the big Transformers. I'd love to see Tidal Wave. Heck, they could release two Titans in one year by just repainting Tidal Wave as Broadside. Would be cool.

They could just start all over with a new release of metroplex. a Titan Metroplex 2.0. Would be good for those who missed out on Metroplex.

They could also create brand new characters. But I'd rather they make all the new characters they've already made first before making some new titan class

• Like Like x 2
  8. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

Metroplex 2.0
    Fort Maximus redo/repaint

I think Tidal Wave can fit in with commander

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    My main wants for titan class going forward are TidalWave and Overlord.
    I'd really love massive versions of those two with the base mode upgraded to city mode for Overlord.

A new Fort Max could be nice, but I don't want to buy him again because I'm okay with what I got.
    Metroplex is fine as is. The only thing that would warrant a new one is if it's the same size as Trypticon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Tital wave vs Overlord 2 pack, both being commanders is an... Idea.

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome :lol  But I'd still prefer Titans. It'll probably never happen, but it's a dream. Well, titan TidalWave might happen if enough UT fans clamor for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I hope it'd be Tidal Wave. If there's one titan I want to see happen alongside Gigastorm it's him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd accept Commander Tidal Wave IF he could combine with a leader Megs. But as a standalone figure, Titan Class all the way my guy.

14. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tidal wave is a commander class, especially given siege and show scale. It was only the game that he was titan sized.

Not only that but he is a definite character they could retool to Star Saber, although they don't seem concerned about retools at this size.

Cybertron Metroplex (bucket wheel excavator) will be the next titan, repaints aside; especially since the rise in popularity and awareness of these (eg lego version etc) since the original release.

15. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they decide to go a repaint direction, Omega Sentinels, Metrotitan and Black Zarak are the super obvious candidates (Diaclone or G2 Devastator has to be mentioned, even if I think they don't really work thematically w/anything on the horizon). While I see the argument for a new Metroplex, I won't be picking him up (but the Metrotitan repaint, sure). Depending on how big and complex the Takara version is, I could see them bringing Raiden over. Tidal Wave can make sense, although Commander Class w/CW ports is mildly preferred. I think Grandus is probably too obscure, but he'd make a lot of sense as a big Micromaster base (likewise Rocket Base and Thunder Arrow).

Although I don't think Hasbro would do it, I LOVE the idea of a Tripredacus/Magnaboss two-pack. Likewise a Dinobot 5-pack.

I'm big on the idea of re-doing the main seven Scramble City combiners at 18 inches. Not sure Hasbro will go that way, but I'd get them.

Having said all that, I think I'd give Metroplex the edge, with one of the repaints as a strong possibility in an either/or situation (e.g. a store exclusive Omega Sentinel along w/the new Metroplex)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    The rest of the combiners to accompany Devy and Preds.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can a mod PLEASE edit the topic title? I have seen many atrocious mis-spelling of Scorponok - Scorpinok, Scorpinock... but Scorp-A-nok? Seriously?
    How hard is it to remember? It's with an O.

18. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I need a Metroplex for base mode and the last one looks goofy as shit purely relative to the WFC line. Plus didn't Warden somewhat suggest him?

Then I need a Max that won't look out of place either. And an Overlord who doesn't look bland.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any of the below will do me as new titan, commander and deluxe.

Given we have siege galaxy force prime and he was the bonus legends scale focused figure with takara galaxy force metroplex, this shows how metroplex would scale as a siege titan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  20. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

For some unexplainable reason, I had assumed the Seacons were going to be the next titan class release.