After Scorponok, who’s next for Titan Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

I want Metroplex. I missed the last one as I didn't get back into this until 2014. Plus I love SixGun

2. SlagNotSlug

SlagNotSlug Well-Known Member

A new aircraft carrier-based one would be cool. Tidal Wave or (less enthusiastically) Broadside?

3. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I have no attachment to broadside or tidal wave. Do you guys only want them because it's logical size wise? I can't get excited drop $160 on either choices.

Hasbro will probably lose money and not release another titan class for years.

G1 broadside toy was a regular sized jet that turned into a teeny tiny carrier.

Now a titan class broadside give you a regular sized carrier and a big ass giant ginormous jet. :p o_O 

• Like Like x 3
  4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

If a Titan-classed Broadside looked a bit like a certain real American hero's carrier in alt-mode, that would be perfect for two different fan groups.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the love of God, can a mod please fix Scorponok’s name in the title? :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  6. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

20B7A6F8-F92F-46CD-BE58-6AA0317B4756.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  7. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know, I would have bet money on that being the Combiner Wars Sky Lynx repaint. But no, we ended up with Deszaras/Deathsaurus

8. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

my word! How could Takara let that slip through their hands?!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I say Raiden to fight Predaking

• Like Like x 3
  10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    It's actually not logical size-wise for Broadside. Siege scale is based on bot mode, and Broadside hasn't been that tall in bot mode in any continuity I can think of. In Sunbow, he was a solid Commander class.

Tidal Wave on the other hand shifted between Commander and Titan size throughout Armada & Energon, so he can solidly be a Titan.

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Tidal Wave has more potential at Commander, since the 'Cons need someone to fill out that size and Hasbro also wants something that isn't an aircraft in that size right after Jetfire.

The more I think about it though, the more I get comfortable with Sky Lynx becoming a Titan, especially if they updated him some to have elements resembling Countdown's rocket base (maybe even gaining a booster rocket). All of those elements would be completely optional to his main forms, which would separately be in the neighborhood of leader or a bit bigger but the combined form still basically matches Predaking. Plus it would fall into the normal pattern of alternating titans between Bot and Con.

+-MWG-+

12. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Now that I think about it, most of the options for Commander I can think of are aircraft. Lugnut, Broadside, Overlord, Star Saber, Thunderwing. The only ones I can think of that could fit Commander that aren't aircraft are Deathsaurus, Powermaster Optimus Prime(well, any Optimus Prime with a trailer nowadays, I guess), Pretender Grimlock(assuming his inner bot is in-scale), and maybe Thunderclash. Over half that are aircraft. O__o Huh.

Still, there isn't any other option for UT representation in Titan class unless we want yet another Metroplex. =/ Honestly, I'd rather a unique character represent the UT in Titan class. Plus, I'd think a gigantic Tidal Wave would be cool. =p

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  13. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Black Zarak. maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    a) It's presumptive to assume that Scorponok must be a titan. He might be! Or he might be a commander! Either would work, considering his inconsistent size depictions, and the fact he was always smaller than Fort Max.
    b) Tidal Wave's been done. He was the voyager redeco of Broadside. He's not nearly popular enough to warrant a bigger toy. The titans have not been big sellers, as they're out of the price range for most parents and kids, and not even collectors tend to splurge on them that often.
    c) Unicron is looking less and less likely on hitting that 8000 backers (thanks for limiting it to North America then!), and if it doesn't make it, it could seriously damage Hasbro's faith in selling stupid-big toys. Titans aren't going to last forever, after all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Even if we run out of "obvious" Titan-class choices I'm sure Hasbro will continue to make them as long as they sell. And even though some Titans end up on clearance Hasbro continues to make them. I don't see this ship slowing down...

I'm down for more choices even if it doesn't fit "scale" correctly. Raiden, Liokaiser, maybe even Tidal Wave. Hasbro also is very wary of selling teams that have alt-modes that all look the same. When a parent glances at Transformers, a wall of six different Constructicons will look identical-- that's why Raiden is a good choice for Titan because Hasbro does not want to sell six different trains (even if they are painted differently).

I love posing Devastator next to Predaking and really look forward to Omega Supreme next to them. I think Scorponok will look -great- once that's revealed.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After Scorponok, I don’t need any more Titans that aren’t repaints or retools of existing ones. I also have zero interest in Unicron.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

After Scorponok I don't think I will have much interest in Titans unless they do Raiden in Titan Class. I don't mind repaints of smaller figures but I draw the line at 100+ figures. Of course I do have Max and Metroplex but that's different I guess. lol

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  18. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given Predaking was considered a Titan, and the popularity of the 3P MP scale combiners, my money would be re working through all the combiner teams starting with Superion.

Low risk, high reward compared to any other obscure options.

Given how hard a sell Trypticon was (dinosaur + base is pretty boring really) and that he could be found on clearance for nearly 18 months at c$60-$80, I can't see the appetite for covering anything beyond mainstream G1.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Magnaboss/Tripredacus 2-pack.

• Like Like x 2
  20. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering Metroplex is my favorite Citybot and I didn't have a chance to get Gen.Metroplex, I would be insanely thrill of a Siege Metroplex releases especially in his G1 style. Although Gen.Metroplex looks great, but that nostalgia G1 vibe of him with the prominent shoulder antenna and big guns everywhere makes him the ideal version for me. I also love the mobile battle station G1 better than the Generation version.
    transformers-g1-0294_1191470415.jpg metroplex-5_1191931749.jpg

• Like Like x 4