After Scorponok, who’s next for Titan Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Yosef85

Yosef85 Always on the hunt for representations of beauty

This x1000. Yes pleeeeeease! I need Metroplex and an updated Fort Maxxxxx.

• Like Like x 5
  2. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, Countdown was the next massive base toy after Scorponok in the original US line - perhaps that with a robot mode?
    After that it was Primes Armoured Convoy (which again, could have a robot mode too).
    Then (for Europe) it was Overlord - which would make a pretty good Titan.

3. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Overlord IS being added as the opposite number to Omega Supreme in Earth Wars, for what it's worth.

4. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

I swear, if they make another Overlord (the TR one is already really good) instead of Deathsaurus... I cannot be held accountable for my actions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Does it have to be from G1?

What about Cybertron Metroplex? But a lot better than his original toy. I admit that this toy doesn't look that hot anymore.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  6. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't read the entirety of this thread so apologies if it has been discussed previously. I've been thinling that a possibility is that next years Titan is not gonna be a Titan in the traditional sense, instead its gonna be the boxset for SS Devastator. I say that because maybe it is a way to test the waters on a Titan price increase to ~$250 withouth having to invest that much money. They could be planing to give us more elaborate (and thus more expensive) titans in the future but don't exactly if they are financially viable.

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    We already have leaks for a ss devastator box set, and it’s not called a titan

8. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Can you imagine a titan class weaponiser

9. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

I can't see it happening but a titan class animated omega ark would be nice

• Like Like x 3
  10. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

I hope it's a redo of max, he look so much worse than Scorps, Metroplex needs it to but he is less glaringly obvious.

Also never really saw Overlord as a titan class, just never saw a tank and a jet being that huge but then I don't really think Omega and the combiners fit the price point either so it's not like I know much.

Beyond that countdown would be fun, especially if paired with a commander class galaxy shuttle, that would be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'd rather not have toys be redone when they haven't long had new toys. I want toys who haven't had new toys in a long time.

I'd like a new Leader class Fortress Maximus representing his standard sized form. Also a new Leader class Scorponok.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Anyway moving on, how about Cybertron Menasor.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spanner.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  13. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This has been mooted a number of times and I along with several other members would love it. We have had galaxy prime after all and unicron is coming.

As it is, in my opinion the original cybertron metroplex still holds his own as a figure, is toon accurate and scales really well with siege. Well mine does.

I reckon if we are getting a metroplex redo it will be G1 though. With Omega / Scorps design and joint stability it's a no brainer. 8 years since release next year so 9/10 year old design.

When you hold generations metroplex and fort max and give a gentle shake they wobble like a rag doll. Omega and Scorps are rock solid.

I wouldn't mind a reissue combiner wars / netflix siege devastator with a few tweeks akin to the dna kit + takara improvements albeit as a hasbro version if we have an interim titan.

Pretty sure we will find out who from the netflix series. Wonder if this is part of the release delay as well as language support, allows comic con to happen first.

14. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I personally would prefer them to tackle never before made characters in the Titan Class such as Grandus, Sky Garry, Galaxy Shuttle, Majin Zarak, Chela, Croatoan, Iaconus, etc. Out of those I listed, Chela is the MOST intriguing to me but I'm 10,000% sure Chela will not be the next Titan but I hope they eventually get around to it.

When thinking of the last Titan in the WFC Trilogy, it helps to use logic. You should not use PWT as a basis because it was not originally conceived and intended to have a connected, overarching story and theme, it was an example of a prototype with WFC neing the first true and complete Trilogy beginning to end.

There is a continuity between Siege and Earthrise, a connective tissue and that is Micromasters and City building. Both Omega Supreme and Scorponok are built around those aspects. WFC has given us Micromasters, Micromaster Stations, a city building connective system etc, the next Titan will very likely follow suit.

Since the last Titan was a Decepticon, the next will likely be an Autobot. Honestly almost any Titan from TF lore can be made into a toy and have these features added in rather they were there originally or not in terms of lore or a preexisting toy but there are some toys from the past that already had all of these features.

Grandus is a toy and character that is strongly connected to Micromasters, Micromaster stations, based and the feature of city building, being a playset for Micromasters etc and a modern Grandus would fit cohesively into the WFC ecosystem in my opinion. 11109412365_cf56db6f8b_b.jpg 11109412935_b4796fa837_b.jpg 11109603573_e1f89317b9_b.jpg
    Grandus could connect to MANY different characters such as Metroplex/Metrotitan, Sky Garry, Star Convoy and the Micromaster Stations and Bases. 11109417195_072a8f8be7_b.jpg Battlestars+Base.JPG 0cbb3d8a41b3be167488d5de8d103fe2.jpg taraka_transformers_tf_g1_reissue_classic_c372_star_convoy__1549114110_3d844b91.jpg
    If they made Grandus, it would greatly increase our chances of a new Metrotitan figure that is a 100% new mold that is meant to work with this Grandus.
    9243970196_b947cfc988_b.jpg
    Why Metrotitan instead of a direct Metroplex? Well the fandom desire for Metrotitan has been strong in terms of modern times since 2013+, the fans who strongly desire Metrotitan would jump at a chance to have him and to have a Metroplex that is similar but a completely different mold WITH the option to get the eventually repaint of Metrotitan into Metroplex etc. Metrotitan is the best bet there as the Titan to follow a hypothetical Grandus and also be able to connect etc and this is all speaking of mainline releases, repaints are better served as easily attainable exclusives that are outside of the mainline.
    083b593885b3ed4e5521fd8c092317af.jpg
    Of course they could very easily throw a curve ball and make something completely unexpected

• Like Like x 5
  15. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I still find very hard to believe that Hasbro passed on Star Convoy but is willing to make a $150 Grandus figure, but I guess that we will now in some month (if the virus doesn't disrupt the reveal pattern).

• Like Like x 2
  16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok, so I thought it might be useful to list all the contenders (or at least the ones that occur to me) and then consider the (perceived) pros and cons. This is a slippery slope, as the things we consider a pro/con may well not be seen that way by Hasbro.

I'm running with the assumption that WfC will continue to give us Titans with bases modes, rather than Combiners.

So, take this as pure speculation rather than some sort of campaign. No-one 'must' be the next Titan and there's no 'obvious/logical' answer.

Metroplex
    Pros: Mentioned by John Warden as someone he'd like to do (previous version was before his tenure as design manager). Existing Generations version is not in line with the WfC aesthetic or gimmick (literally the only base mode Titan that doesn't have any sort of connector)
    Cons: Has been done before. See Metrotitan

The Ark
    Pros: Iconic part of the TF story. Play potential is immediately obvious (imo).
    Cons: Not a character

Metrotitan
    Pros: If Hasbro feel that Titan repaints are viable this is a quick win.
    Cons: Hasbro may never decide that Titan repaints are viable. Dependant on Metroplex being redone first

Fortress Maximus
    Pros: Previous version is pretty compromised, being a reworking of T:30 Metroplex. There may be an appetite for something more faithful to the G1 version
    Cons: Has been done before.

Brave Maximus
    Pros:
    See Metrotitan
    Cons: See Metrotitan

The Nemesis
    Pros:
    See The Ark
    Cons: See The Ark

Overlord
    Pros:
    Significant character, original toy was around G1 Scorponok's size, good base mode
    Cons: Modern depictions of the character have shown him as being well below Titan height.

Grandus
    Pros: Good place to start if Hasbro are 'Brave' enough to move on from Western G1 characters
    Cons: Hasbro think moving away from Western G1 characters is too risky at this price point

Star Convoy
    Pros:
    Opportunity for an Optimus Titan, which may be attractive to Hasbro
    Cons: See Grandus

Sky Garry
    Pros:
    Would make for a good set if we get Grandus and Star Convoy first
    Cons: See Grandus. More 'obscure' that other JG1 bases

Thunder Arrow
    Pros:
    Good playability for Micromasters and other small classes. Has some G1 recognition
    Cons: Not a character. Kinda obscure

Rocket Base
    Pros:
    See Thunder Arrow. Might work very well if we wound up getting a Commander class Galaxy Shuttle
    Cons: See Thunder Arrow. Also been recently homaged with Sky Lynx

Big Powered
    Pros:
    Opportunity to do something innovative by making a Titan class playset that features three characters and three modular bases.
    Cons: See Sky Garry. May be hard to get a 'set of three' to work within the budget without serious compromise.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Personally I'd exclude both Star Convoy and Big Powered from the list, brand unification and the LG-EX/SELECTS releases of those characters all but says that Hasbro has no plans for them for the forseeable future (likely the WFC trilogy in it's entirety, after that is fair game in my opinion)

• Like Like x 2
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The problem with excluding anyone is...you can exclude anyone. There's a qualifier for literally everyone on there that could, arguably, put them up for exclusion. I felt it was far healthier for debate and speculation to list everyone (anyone I haven't listed is more over sight than deliberate omission). The fact you've raised additional cons for a couple of them is the living proof of this.

Do I think any of those 'Return of Convoy' guys are coming after Scorponok? Nah. No chance. But let's talk about why they're unlikely, and what might make them a better choice at some point further down the line. And as per Purple Heart's opening post in this thread ("after all of the obvious choices like Scorpanok, Primus*, and Unicron are done, who will get the Titan Class treatment?") the remit of the thread is broad enough to accomodate that.

*Christ. I forgot Primus.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    *crosses fingers for Black Zarak*

• Like Like x 1
  20. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Christ, I forgot Black Zarek. Can I pass responsibility over to someone more thorough, please?