After Scorponok, who’s next for Titan Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Feb 26, 2019.

1. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Wow, there's quite a list: Raiden(ala Devastator and Predaking), Black Zarak, Metrotitan, Grandus...or if they could go in a new route and give us a Monstructor(going back to the Devastator model). There's a lot of possibilities, with only 2 being repaints.

• Like Like x 3
  2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Any repaints should be exclusives, it would seem a massive waste of time and fan speculation to make the mainline 1 per year Titan a repaint etc, we now have multiple sub subline for which those could go and NOT take up a mainline slot, it is so far unprecedented but GS would be perfect for Titan Class repaints and minor retools etc

• Like Like x 1
  3. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I would greatly appreciate Black Zarak from the ER Scorponok mold and Guardian Sentinel from the Siege Omega Supreme mold. Beyond those two I don't know what else they can do. I suspect that if Primus was done in a titan class he'd be a crowd funded figure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

Actually. If we got a Primus. I kinda hope he would be a normal titan class figure. I like the idea of Unicron being larger than cybertron/primus and at that scale. He wouldent be too much bigger. The scale would be pretty nice.

Now that i think about it. Primus might not be a bad guess for an upcoming titan. He would pair nicely with Unicron afterall. So to have a Primus release near Unicron's own might be a a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Have a version of the Primus Titan in Optimus Prime colours based on the earlier version of the Movie script which would have had Optimus's spark put inside Cybertron which would have transformed into a robot to fight Unicron!
    Of course NOW I can't find the TFWiki page that's mentioned on to link here ><

• Like Like x 2
  6. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    So, make of this what you will but Earth Wars just revealed they're adding Omega Supreme for the Autobots with... Overlord as the Decepticon counterpart. With the in game terms they're classing them as 'Vice Titans' most likely due to Titans - Metroplex and Trypticon - having been added as boss enemies in one of the game modes a while back.
    I put this here in case it might suggest Hasbro would do a Titan Overlord. The counter to this however is that within the game itself they will function similarly to the Combiners in the game and likely be sized much the same and in the game Combiners are roughly Combiner Wars Combiner sized with no size changing of components when they form.

• Like Like x 2
  7. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling that you're 100% on the right track. ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  8. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Don't know a lot about Overlord, but I feel that titan size is too big, commander would be suitable. It has to include titanmaster size Giga and Mega though instead of another situation where you have to buy some other set to get them like it they did with Knok and Skar for Doubledealer.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yosef85

Yosef85 Always on the hunt for representations of beauty

I just want them to re-release a couple of the popular combiner wars combiner figures and Metroplex and then release a new one. Maybe Iaconus.

10. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    So just to keep things straight, NYCC this October 2020 will give us a hint at the next Titan Class figure right? With a full reveal at Toyfair in February 2021, is that right? [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

Superion could stand to use the titan level of combiner release. Skylynx should have been a titan imo but since he was just done as a commander class there is no shot of that. I think you could do a good Primus at the titan price point too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    As much as I prefer Commander Class combiners, I do agree that it feels like the Autobots deserve at least one Titan combiner when the 'cons have two of the buggers.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

Honestly I want huge combiners. Like size of (if not a tad bit shorter) then omega supreme. Honestly I wouldn’t want them to be in the Titan price point. But just Titan class. Like give us a Deluxe swindle, Voyager Brawl, Vortex, and Blast off, then a leader/commander Onslaught. The studio series line (even though not great) showed its possible that the limbs of combiners can be different size classes, and with the more simplistic designs of the G1 combiners should be possible. And then like rinse and repeat, give us superion where the limbs are voyagers/ tall deluxes, and make silverbolt and old school leader class. Also height variation would be cool too. Like if menasor and Defensor is like a smidge shorter then let’s say Superion, Bruticus, Computron, and abominus. Also one last thing but as long as the supposed Titan sized combiners not have the nasty gap when it comes to the arms

• Like Like x 3
  14. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    With the completion of the US G1 rival sets and City Bots, hopefully the next Titan Class figures will venture outside of US G1 and into JP G1 and beyond 20200703_155600.jpg 20200702_122428.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I think Black Zarak definitely gets made.

People are definitely clamoring for a new Metroplex, I wonder if Hasbro has heard the cry?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    John Warden himself is the one that started talking about a redo of metroplex at toyfair 2 years ago

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    I still like to imagine his handler going "Dammit John!" :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

I don't know if I trust Hasbro to do combiners at Titan Scale. Devastator and Predaking both suffered from flawed individual robots at the expense of the larger Titan. They're good for display, lousy to play with. Trypticon, Fort Max and Omega Supreme are all great, but those combiners, man...
    A mass-market Raiden would have less appeal at Deluxe/Voyager scale, given kids don't really care about trains these days, but the individual robots are less likely to suffer for the greater whole.

Well, that and once the Masterpiece Raiden comes out (barring any... er... breakage issues... erm...........) we'll honestly have less need for a Titan Raiden that will essentially be the same size and the same cartoon-accurate design.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, Metroplex and Fort Max look old in design and somewhat poor compared to Scorponok and Omega. Shows how much these have evolved.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

it’s time they redo Metroplex and Fortress Maximus

• Like Like x 6