After Scorponok, who’s next for Titan Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

As far as G1 (toon) is concerned, titan classes (other than repaints) are done. Hasbro should do a fan vote on which other characters should be made. I know Powermaster OP is not a titan class, but his G1 toy was bigger than Metroplex (commander class would be best for a new powermaster op).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out here: What if the Titan class moves to another line such as Studio Series for a bit? I'm not super knowledgeable on the Bayformers movies but are there any really big bots from there who would fit being Titan class size?

3. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

Not really. The only "character" i can think of for Titan class is the Driller from DOTM, but i highy doubt Hastak would actually make it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I'd definitely be game for a substantial Metroplex retool with much stronger knees, lovehandles, and a new face.

I'd be surprised if there isn't an Omega Sentinel/Guardian redeco at some point as a Selects release.

Longshot here, but what if they released a Titans Class Ark that transformed into Primus?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Xaran Alamas

Over in the SS Speculation thread someone mentioned a character called Stratosphere who's a big cargo plane and I think who's alt mode may be a plane from one of the films the Autobots used for transport but admittedly when I looked on the wiki it seems the bot is only in the comics... oh well, thanks for answering ^^

Or just give Teletran a robot mode :D  an Ark Titan seems so obvious at this point. And after that the Nemesis.

• Like Like x 3
  6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    I was thinking more of Halonix Maximus, but Primus would be neat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd love to see the combiner teams revisited.

I love my Metroplex, but it's time for an updated figure.

Metrotitan and a Guardian robot are possible redecos, but they're very niche: exclusives, perhaps?

I can see TakaraTomy doing a Black Zarak recedo, but I'd only think Pulse would offer it, at best.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Xaran Alamas

I feel like IF they do more Titan class combiners they should at least do Superion and... whoever is Predaking's 'official' opposite. I know Superion was done in CW but just seems appropriate as he was the original Autobot combiner. Also arguably the Aerialbots jets would be more in scale with cars etc that way (probably)

9. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've thought about this a lot and I think Hasbro should offer Metrotitan and Guardian/Sentinel/Rocket Base in a Kickstarter-like fashion via HasLab. Have a minimum pre-order for both (e.g. 5K each), offer optional things (Metrogun, Brunt -> Metrotank and Slammer, Micromaster re-decos, maybe the Modulators in color-matched decos) that people might want to troop build or acquire w/o the huge expenditure, have a big "All in option" and see what happens.

• Like Like x 3
  10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that if the next Titan should be a combiner it could be Monstructor especially if the line he's in is centered around beast both organic and mechnical such as BW which is a perfect place for Monstructor to be along with the other pretender beasts. They can have the individual members have their beast modes their organic shells to give them more distinction between each other and that his head can be molded after the IDW head.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

If the next Titan is a combiner, my guess is either Raiden or Monstructor due to their non scramble city type. (I would also say Liokaiser has a small chance here as well, but he has already been done, and he was an afterthought at best anyway.)

If the next Titan is a proper "Titan" my guess is Tidalwave. (And its not just because I REALLY want a titan class Tidalwave! lol) For the life of me I cant really think of any character that is both large enough and popular/mainstream enough to be considered for the next Titan character.

The only other character i can think of outside of the vario comic/cartoon only titans we have gotten over the last few years (which all have a basically 0% chance of getting a titan class toy) is Grandus, but I truly think Hasbro would bite and do Tidalwave before they would go digging Grandus out of obscurity due to Tidalwave's popularity.

unless they cheap out and make a potential Tidalwave a Commander class figure, yuck. screw the megatron combo gimmick, I want SIZE!

(pure pulled out of my ass speculation with little chance of ever existing: though that being said, i bet the gimmick would still work at the titan scale if they made an Armada Megatron a Commander class. Hes not too complex a guy, he doesn't need that many parts.)

Sure there is the argument they could always finally start doing repaints but they haven't so far, (not counting variations of the same character or the Grand Maximus Takara did, he falls outside the brand unification) So i'm not expecting them to start until they have truly run out of options.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I don't care about Raiden as anything but a team of trains that would be something different for a change. However, I don't have faith that they'll be designed properly. They'll either be some lazy over-greebled "train" like TR Astrotrain or like Cybertron Thunderblast with a panel shell around a generic robot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

I don't know about titan class combiners, Devi and PK aren't exactly the most impressive titans, the combined modes work but the individual team members are just so full of compromises. I am not sure if it's the size of the combined for or the parts count that's the problem but if they do another titan combiner I really hope they rethink how they work.

I guess if they did magnaboss, tripredicus or railracer it could work as they have more budget for each figure but I doubt any of them have the popularity to justify a titan class figure.

I am still on board for a Fortress Maximus and Metroplex do overs.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Omega Sentinels

Grandus

Monstructor

Omega Spreem

Black Zarak

Dinoking

Magin Zarack

• Like Like x 1
  15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Well the Vs if we were to call it that are as following.

Devastator vs Dinobots/Omega Supreme. Most would say Dinobots imo.
    Superion vs Menasor
    Defensor vs Bruticus
    Computron vs Abominus
    Predaking vs Skylynx
    Piranacon vs ? (Closest we get is Godginrai from the Masterforce show)
    Monstructor vs ? (dont think he has one official opponent)

Note: Not taking into account the Japanese combiners like Dinoking, Liokaiser, Roadceaser, Raiden or any of the newly created ones like victorian.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'm sure the designers have improved themselves by now.

17. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Raiden fought Predaking in the Headmasters cartoon, IIRC. But we already know Takara is doing an MP of him.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I can see TidalWave making for a great titan with lots of play-value.

19. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    So once again, I'm going with price point instead of scale.

Ultimate Thunderwing. He has all his gimmicks from G1, and even that giant armor mode from IDW. I think when he is all armored up IDW-style, he'd be between Commander Jetfire and Titan Devastator sized. In G1 pretender armor, he'd be a little bigger than leader, and his inner robot would be either BattleMaster or legends sized, depending on which works better. Of course, he'd come with a crazy amount of battle effects, possibly even the most effects released in one sitting.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Xaran Alamas

Thanks for the list :)  Volcanicus also seems to have become a somewhat official second rival for Predaking, serving that role in both the Machinima Series and being added to Earth Wars at the same time as each other - and featuring in a lovely bit of artistic rendering of the two squaring off - kind of appropriate that both the Autobot rivals for Predaking are dinosaur related (or whatever Sky Lynx counts as xD Dinobird gryphon thing)

As for Victorion, as per the fan vote that created her her official rival is Galvatronus, though this has barely appeared in fiction other than Galvatronus immediately grappling with her upon first formation in IDW2005.