After Scorponok, who’s next for Titan Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I remember why I had you blocked, maybe we should go back to that

2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    So you still refuse to admit you are wrong even after being shown explicit pictures proving that AT is not the same height as Prime and that their difference in height is NOT the same as DD and OP?

My only quarrel with you is your adamant refusal of basic facts, spreading misinformation and pushing false truths etc

3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And you still refuse to accept that despite whatever reason warden gave, skytread does not follow Japanese g1 scale, meaning that even if doubledealer is close it’s still not something they are adhering to

4. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    I never said they were if you would have read my comments in full

Also that's your opinion, not a fact, DD height is a fact.

Again: I would like them to follow JG1, I do not make any factual claims that they will, I only said that DD followed it so hopefully they follow it with other figures. My personal opinions are clear.

I already explained Skytread

Anyone(fan) who claims to know what Hasbro will do is wrong.

I do not claim to know anything, I only stated my desire and hope and then related factual information IE DD height which matched with DD JG1 depictions etc

I dont know why you and some others have such prejudice(or whatever word fits) against Japanese transformers but they deserve just as much respect as others and they deserve induction into the mainline, the GS is a disservice to them speaking specifically of Star Convoy and Dai Atlas as they have horrible QC and deserved much better although I respect that for some, it's better than nothing etc

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It’s my opinion that skytread doesn’t follow the scale? That’s false. Also the reason he doesn’t follow it really doesn’t matter, it’s still a fact that he doesn’t, which means that hasbro likely cares less about Takara scale.

6. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Sky Tread doesn't follow scale, does Moonracer? Crosshairs? Pounce and wingspan? Your logic says that the reasoning doesn't matter, only that it either is or is not scale, those figures I listed are not scale, they are also from US G1 thus per your logic they care less about US G1 scale.

Your Logic is flawed.

1 JP is scale, 1 isnt but that is for a specific reason per John Warden but per YOU, reasons dont matter.

If that's all your opinion so be it but do you acknowledge that you are factually wrong about AT being the same size as OP and about DD being off scale?

7. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I'd see that logic, but there are no Titan Masters in Siege or Earthrise yet Apeface and Snapdragon have that gimmick, and Omega Supreme has Titans Return compatible ramp connectors. I guess ultimately it will depend on how much they want to keep with the maintaining legacy gimmicks thing where appropriate for the character, but with no newer combiners on the horizon if they do decide to keep that G1 toy gimmick they've shown form for using the most recent version of it with the Titan/Head Master ports as mentioned above with Apeface and Snapdragon.

8. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

I think his scale is a better fit with the Commander Class.

Plus it’s time we get some bad guy love in the Commander Class

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I would accept a Commander-Class Tidal Wave.

Then get a set of Star Seeker symbol Reprolabels so he can be repurposed as the Tidal Wave pirate ship.

• Like Like x 4
  10. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    If it's still on, we should get a hint of the next Titan at NYCC this October right? With a full reveal at Toyfair

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not denying that the fans of the stuff exist. Just that they're a much smaller population, and thus aren't in the greatest of positions to be catered to. HasTak aren't likely to be devoting the limited, high price-point slots to characters with such limited appeal.

Same reason that we're past their 25 year anniversary and we haven't seen modern versions of the Turbomasters and Predators yet. Or have a Masterpiece Beast Machines figure yet.

12. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    If you want some peer feedback on your abilities as an effective communicator, I would be MORE than happy to provide some constructive criticism.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Go on ahead, I welcome any and all forms of constructive criticism, it's how we grow and get better.

14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It would be incredible if they did something from left field like Courageous. Now that they don't have so many TFs with bizarre proportions, Powersuits that fit several different deluxes should be child's play. Plus, the originals had a pretty low parts count, meaning they could load them up with clip on cannons or pour the budget into a robot mode for the jet. And if they really wanted to be obscure, they could rerelease it in evil colors and retool the jet into a tank.

• Like Like x 1
  15. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i'm honestly skeptical that there's a retail market for titans anymore; i think the retail apocalypse combined with COViD-19 restrictions might put the final nail in the coffin of mass-market premium toys...kids are all about videogames and impulse trinkets, now...

...scorponok may be the last of his kind other than special collector releases through haslab or hasbro selects...

16. WealthimusPrime

WealthimusPrime Active Member

I'm up for Titan class Defensor

17. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    John and Ben already reassured people that Titans are here to stay, kids are the primary demographic for Generations as a whole but do you know many parents willing to drop 160 on a kids toy? I have children and I would not drop that on a kids toy, its likely that Titan sells also include alot of nostalgic adult collectors etc

• Like Like x 1
  18. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, hasn't a few Transformers media dropped some new Titans lately and ones which are more distinct from Metroplex? Not counting the ones I mentioned in the other thread such as Carcer/Vigilem or Chela who are quite distinct there's Lodestar in the IDW Reboot, I gather there's some new Titans in Cyberverse... kind of makes you wonder if Hasbro are giving themselves some fuel for the future?

19. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Yes, new from Cyberverse we have Iaconus the War Titan and Croatoan. There are still dozens of massive characters from the Transformers Universe that have yet to be made, its almost impossible for them to run out of potential Titan Class candidates

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

Vigilem would be a dream come true, I could see him having a port in his chest where you could slot a Prime Master (Liege Maximo) for some retroactive gimmick recognition

• Like Like x 3