After Scorponok, who’s next for Titan Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    No, I don’t mean who’s the Titan Class figure of next year, rather, after all of the obvious choices like Scorpanok, Primus, and Unicron are done, who will get the Titan Class treatment? There are only so many characters, even including large combiners, who could be made in that size. That is unless they don’t start releasing them or remaking them. I don’t think Hasbro wants to drop the size class, so they’ll have to do something here in a few years.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Tidal Wave.

• Like Like x 19
  3. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why does everyone spell “Scorponok” wrong?

I’m sure Unicron is on their short list. Maybe Primus. After that... No clue. Cybertron Metroplex, maybe?

• Like Like x 17
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    RID Brave Max

• Like Like x 8
  5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With most of the Titans ending up at Ollie's? It wouldn't surprise me at all if Hasbro plans to drop the size class and Scorponok ends up the swan song. In fact, I wonder if they came up with the Commander class as its cheaper replacement.

• Like Like x 17
  6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Maybe I worded myself wrong.

I wasn’t asking “who are they going to do besides Scorponok?” I was asking “What are they going to do after exhausting the only characters that could fit in the class?” Like Tidal Wave, Unicron, and Primus etc.

There are not many characters that need to be that size, so what will Hasbro do? Will they delve into the obscure repaints like Metrotitan, Black Zarak, Omega Sentinel, and Grand Max? Will the redo characters already done? Or will they just stop making Titan Class figures because the only characters left to do would be obscure repaints?

It may seem like a redundant question, or a question we don’t need to bother ourselves with now due to the one figure a year release schedule, but in five years Hasbro is going to have to ask themselves this question as they’ll have run our of characters suitable for the size class.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Hasbro in theory could keep the Titan train chugging for a while. IDW gave them at least 11 more Titans via the Colonies.

Though I wouldn't say no to the easy redecoes of the ones we have (just not at Takara import prices)

The idea of Commanders replacing Titans as the bird bois seems logical. IF Walmart and Target actually fucking stock them. The only B/M I ever saw Titans at was toys r us, and they're gone now, killed by corporate vultures.

Who knows. Maybe in 5 years when it's time to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Beast Machines Hasbro will grace us with a Titan class Grand Mal Megatron......*erupts into howling laughter* couldn't say that with a straight face.

• Like Like x 5
  8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Beast Wars Titans. Starting with:
    300px-Tidalwavesotw.jpg
    He's a whale!
    I could also see them furthering what they've done with Siege's size classes and use the Titan pricepoint to make smaller figures with a higher partscount. Rail Racer, Tripedacus, Magnaboss, Omega Prime, Magmatron, and other mid-sized big-bots would be perfect for a smaller but more intricate Titan price point. Also, they could start making original characters in the Generations aesthetic again...as long as they're cool I won't mind. I've always wanted a bot that turns into an oil rig.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'd wonder that myself cause I'd wonder who Hasbro would decide to make after that big boy.

10. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    Probably gonna be an unpopular opinion but I’d love to see a Titan Class Piranacon combiner.

• Like Like x 12
  11. AndrewPrime2512

AndrewPrime2512 Member

I Will but my money on Nexus Prime. I think its a really good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Before any new molds, I just want a dang Metrotitan. The mold is there, we’re in a line with Micromasters, and Big Powered will be in people’s collections soon. Perfect time for Metrotitan to show up! I wouldn’t even complain if it were a Takara Mall exclusive or something.

But in terms of a couple years from now, and assuming they do Scorponok (something I’m not convinced is a sure thing), I dunno... Tidal Wave’s as good an option as any for a new mold, I guess. Maybe Grandus?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  13. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tidal wave hopefully

• Like Like x 2
  14. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd actually prefer them be standard CW scramble combiners.
    And the Seacons don't even need a legends figure. Just have a flip-out 5mm handle on all 5 deluxes, allow their weapons to peg into the hand/foot port, instant weapon mode.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    They might do some of the obscure repaints, but those will probably be some sort of exclusive if they ever get made. I think they'll just end the titan class when they don't have any more to do, because it's really the only class that has a finite number of possible characters, on top of high cost/price. In the future they might do armor packs, Combiners, or playsets at the titan pricepoint.

• Like Like x 2
  16. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

Probably a reissue of Metro plex. A titan class combiner?

17. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Even when i was a kid, people had trouble pronouncing / spelling it.

18. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

Scorponok is pretty likely. I only give unicron maybe, maybe a 50/50 chance. Primus even less. How would you even play with a round planet set? What gimmick do you sell it with? The deluxes, bread and butter of the lines, are likely gonna be pretty lame on a 10-12" planet. I mean a base, a triple changer, a combiner... all have multiple play patterns and interact with many other figures. Planets won't.

Repaints? I don't see them coming either. We saw the CW G2 sets pucker out and the TR box sets were likely shortened by 2. Sales and cost vs. profit ratio isn't there for this size. Just deluxes and barely voyager even.

We got the main ones already. I know with space and cost I'm ok if the end is near. Maybe we'll get anniversary releases but I'd bet on commander class with interactive gimmicks (like Jetfire's troop deployment) filling the void for a while.

19. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I think Quintessa in Generations style is a strong contender.

Which one? The movie character or the planetoid?

Howabout both as one character. With a Quintesson and a base mode inspired by the Quintesson court.

But I suspect Unicron in 2021 first.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

My bigger prediction particularly with the number of these that wind up discounted is that future Titans may wind up crowdfunded through Haslab.

• Like Like x 2