After all AoE toys are out.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sideswipeprime*, May 18, 2014.

1. sideswipeprime*

sideswipeprime* Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So do you guys think after all the AoE toys come out do you think its possible Hasbro will make a new line of movie figure. For example after ROTF they had Hunt for the Decepticons line. I would like a new mold of Crosshairs and new 2015 Camaro Bumblebee. Remember we got Sidearms Sideswipe and Battle Blades Bb who were much better figures than original movie release.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Im sure they will.

3. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    Did they for DOTM? I forget

4. sideswipeprime*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah there was a Movie Trilogy Line.

5. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Ouch.
    No, DOTM got cancelled.

6. sideswipeprime*

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yeah your right.

7. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Short answer: no

Long answer: because Hasbro has merged the AOE and Generations lines together I don't believe they will try to separate them after the movie is over. I think the reason for this is so Hasbro can throw in a repainted movie figure into the Generations line when ever they feel like it, they don't have to try and sell a movie line to retailers a year or so after the movie is gone. With so many figures that have not received a re-release 2015 could very well be the year of the repaint.

8. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say no, and then say that I believe there will be a wave or two for a few more figures like Vehicon, Junkheap, and Silver Knight OP.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Oh my God.

I swear is they cancel the AOE line before we get a Deluxe 2015 Bumblebee and Stinger, along with Slog and Snarl, I am going to flip my shit so hard.

10. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I doubt it will be cancelled. It is tied in with Generations.
    So if the movie toys are out, then... well... so are Classics. All that's left is Constructbots and the next big tv show that will sell bajillions of toys like PRIME did.

11. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Wasn't Human Alliance kinda like a follow up?

12. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The Thrilling 30 Generations and Age of Extinction Generations lines are completely separate. One of them being dropped would not mean the other would have to be. They're linked in name only.

13. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the AOE toys sell good, we might get a follow-up line. If they shelfwarm like DOTM, we might not see movie toys again until the next film. There is also the chance we get a random movie figure in the Generations line.

14. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    I think it's a good idea to merge it all under Generations. The people who work at the various stores who do the ordering are, well, stupid. Wal-Mart ordered tons and tons of the early DOTM waves. One store here had almost an entire aisle full of it. As it sells down, and the peg/shelf warmers linger, still clogging up the shelves, the stores think that they are no longer selling and stop buy ordering, then all of a sudden we get the news that HA Soundwave is cancelled, along with other stuff.

Unfortunately retailers don't see "We have 5 pegs full of movie Bumblebees that won't sell", they see "We have 5 pegs of TRANSFORMERS that won't sell, lets not order any more."

As far as lumping everything into the Generations line, hopefully stores won't see them with the stigma of being "movie toys", and as they sell down, they will get classics, the new cartoon line, and whatever else.

I think the whole "Reveal the Sheild" debacle could have been avoided had they just slapped them under the "Hunt for the Decepticons" banner.

I saw people getting mad at Hasbro cause of all the unreleased Animated stuff, but if stores won't order the stuff they solicit, it's not their (Hasbro's) fault. They spent loads on the tooling for that stuff. I do blame Hasbro in a big way for not putting it on HTS, but now I am picking at an old scab....ha....forget I wrote it.

15. Gargamel

Gargamel Well-Known Member

I really hope they do. So much potential in the cars they've chose for AOE (Pagani, Bugatti Veyron and Lamborghini Aventador).

All top notch cars.

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Which is all moot if Hasbro can't secure the license for those vehicles (an issue they got hit with in both 2009 and 2011, where Sideways got a psuedo-Audi mode, and Dino didn't even get a new deluxe toy attempt)

As stated, the two flavors of Generations do NOT share an SKU, and are not tracked in the computers as the same line.

So the success or failure of one should not hugely impact the other (in a boad sense)

No, it wouldn't have. Reveal the Shield was just "2010 Gold box phase 2", and were still sold under the same SKU as Hunt for the Decepticons. If stores didn't order due to too much existing inventory (which is what appears to have happened) whether they were called "Reveal the Shield" or "Hunt for the Decepticons" would not have mattered.

Unless HUGELY successful, I'm very doubtful Hasbro is going to extend the movie train this time around. DotM seemed to pretty much peter out by the end of the year, stores are more eager to "move on" and this year Hasbro has a brand new cartoon ready to go for 2015. I think we would have to see movie 1 levels of empty shelves for Hasbro to considered extending movie branding past next spring.

17. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I'm calling it right now. Transformers: Endangered Species.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A short-lived line of repaints wouldn't be a bad idea, imo. Get the Dinobots out in G1-inspired color schemes, Optimus covered in rust, Drift in comic book colors, and a new-hotness Bumblebee in a black w/yellow stripes deco.

That said, I don't see it happening. Though it depends on how well the AoE line sells, and whether or not stores will want more if it. Part of me hopes they don't, as that'll only worsen the delays and possible cancelations of Generations figures.

There's also that new show and it's inevitable toyline coming sometime next year. Most likely sometime durring the spring or summer. With that and potentially more Generations to come, Hasbro might not even be planning a theoretical line in-case stores would want more movie stuff.

19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    No, HA's ran simultaneously with the rest of the line. The follow-up was meant to be the Movie Trilogy line, featuring the repaints of Wheeljack, Soundwave, Bee, and Ratchet, but it was cancelled along with the last wave of DotM. All we got was the Deluxe sized OP with the trailer.

20. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Ewwww.

I hope you at least use spatulas, or chopsticks, or something (put it on a table and have Prowl flip it?). Please don't tell me you're using your bare hands.