2D Artwork: Aerialbots

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by gdpwatson, Mar 4, 2008.

1. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

2. STL

STL Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lovely line work dude. Very clean. I can barely ever get that clean linework happening. My only two nitpicks would be the body position of the left most one (Fireflight?) is rather awkward and the perspective on jet is a bit weird, it's kind of curved

3. nemisis prime

nemisis prime combaticon

son of a.............that's pretty good artwork. heck that's better then pretty good, that's freaking awesome! clean,smooth, and very cool! I'm a personal fan of the aerialbots, despite their odd quirks. (we're looking at you silverbot you height challenged freak!)

4. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Yeah, he does look a little off. That's actually Skydive there on the left. He has those little thunderbolts on her underpants! I opted to go for the cartoon interpretation rather than the toy versions. The toys all have faceplates whereas the cartoon shows them without. I opted for dropping the faceplates in order to show some emotion.

As for the jet (Skydive), i wasn't initially gonna have an alt mode as i didn't think i could pull it off. Then i decided that the only way i'd know would be to go for it and leave my comfort zone. While it's not the worst drawing of an F15 in the world it's definitely lacking some work! It totally looks curverd as you said. Solution: Find pics of F15s and draw, draw draw!!

I'm working on my lineart a piece at a time. Whilst this still requires tons of improvement it's getting there! I've a few more ideas to try out for my next piece.

LOL! Thanks man! That's nice to hear! Yeah Silverbolt is a freakishly tall freak... and to think he's the one that's afraid of heights! Maybe if he wasn't so dam tall he wouldn't be!!