Customs: Advice regarding Custom Titanmaster in Progress.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Cybertronian, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Howdy, y'all.
    A while back, I commissioned a pair of custom Headmaster Jrs. from TFW2005 member Bellyboy -- 1 Autobot, 1 Decepticon. The Autobot partner was meant to be a head to a General Lee-inspired custom, based on the Cybertron Downshift mold. The HM used Fangry's face (in Black), Lug/Cab's upper body (in 1987/plastic-wheeled Rodimus Prime's Orange) and (either) Kreb/Bullhorn (or Lug/Cab)'s legs (in Horri-Bull's 'denim-ish' blue). I also decided to add Siren's helmet/seat in black, along with replicas of his antennae/mini-guns.

Moving forward to the present, I am attempting to recreate the same character -- Vance (or Luke) -- as a Titanmaster. So far, I am using Loudmouth's torso, arms, and head, with Fangry's robot face. The paintwork is nearly done with the Loudmouth parts, but I'm wondering if I should go through with my original plan to use Overboard's lower legs -- provided I can hammer the metal pin out -- or if I should just keep and paint Loudmouth's legs in "1984 Optimus Prime indigo" or dark blue. I only thought of using Overboard's legs because they are the closest in appearance to Kreb's legs, currently on my HM Jr.

Thank you for your advice in advance.
    -- Cybertronian.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't hammer out any of those pins. Not much plastic there and you may break it or distort it enough that it's floppy.

3. Cybertronian

Thanks for the warning. It's been sitting there, tempting me for the past week.
    (This method did work with the pins on G1 Thundercracker/Skywarp/Dirge, as well as with RiD 1.0's Crosswise and WARS, however.)

4. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I pop pins all the time, and normally I'd say go for it. But that titan master body is so small and the plastic itself isn't as rigid as others.

• Like Like x 1
  5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i popped the titanmaster pins easily! what i do is i figure out which way the pin pops out (usually the left hip side) then i put a HUGE amounts of clothe in layers on a table (like folded towels). i then find a balance where i can push in the pin using this hole puncher thingy my mom used (i'll take a pic to show it in a few minutes. it's just like a nail with a huge wooden base for a better grip for making holes in tougher fabric) and i hold down the TM with a few layers of clothe in between my hands, in case i slip...don't need to punch a hole in my hand...it shouldn't take too much effort. if it does, then your on the wrong side....but like the others said, be careful!

edit: having trouble finding it....

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. marvel b

News Credits:
    i'm sorry it took so long..i was talking about this thing
    HNI_0046.JPG

7. Cybertronian

Wow.
    What I use is a bit smaller -- a finishing or countersinking nail with a small head and a slight depression in the center.
    [​IMG]
    I keep the point focused on the center of the rod while I hit it with a full/normal-sized (claw-)hammer.
    Were it not for this, my mail-order Thundercracker would still be using a toothpick to replace his long-lost pin, and Darkstar (in front)'s construction would not be possible.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. marvel b

News Credits:
    well my thing is mostly because i'm on the second floor and to be quiet. it works most of the time, but then i hit problems with a few of the capped pins and stuff like that.