Customs: advice on which hands to get for a custom

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by megatronatlas, Oct 17, 2011.

1. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

ok i have been working on a custom using DOTM voyager Megs. I am having a hard time figuring out what hands to get and how to attach them. im wanting them to be articulated hands to hold his sword. has anyone else given megs new hands.

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Look into Gundams man, you should be able to find some at a local comic book store to you if you want to see them in person for size comparisons. Most of their figure hands are articulated and even on ball joints. If you don't want to use a ball joint, you can simple remove it off the hand and add either a magnet or a peg to peg it into a pre-drilled hole that you would do on your meggie.

3. megatronatlas

thanks for the advice. I will look into the gundam parts.

4. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I assume that's the Truck Megatron?

[​IMG]
    (someones painted custom in the pic)

I used one to make a Nemesis Prime, and used War for Cybertron Prime hands. I had to trim down the forearms (working from the back, leaving the molded front untouched), and clipped off some extra grey plastic from the WfC Prime hands 'holder' that allows them to still rotate. Once I had it installed, I resculpted the under-arm. It looks great, and the figure can still transform - but now he can hold awesome swords. Also - the Megatron tanker gun looks pretty badass when it's held, rather than pluged into the forearm.

I can scrounge up some WiP shots if you're curious about the details.

5. megatronatlas

I am curious to see the wip shots. i am creating a custom character from mty voyager megs

6. blaynescott

Ebay:
    I was sure I had some non-painted, construction pics of the hands, but they must have died along with my girlfriends camera this weekend (dropped at a Halloween party.

I snapped a few of what they look like right now - still WIP, but with a coat of paint. Hope this helps. :) 

Attached Files:

7. megatronatlas

well i got the hands i was going to use from hobbylink japan, but then it hit me with something new. rotf lockdowns head fits great on the balljoint on dotm voyager megs. And looks good in bot mode, but in truck mode doesnt fit inside the truck mode well.

But i found a solution on the underneath of the truck cab where the peg hole is there is that piece that sticks out i shaved it down and now lockdowns head fits great. ill show pics soon of what im talking about.

8. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Cool, looking forward to those photos.