Advice for Combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TFtrial, Jan 29, 2023.

1. TFtrial

TFtrial Well-Known Member

I’m trying to complete my 84 WFC scale collection and need a couple of combiners. I tried the Legacy Menasor with the KO 12” Devastator. While they scale nicely with each other, they look too small IMO especially when posed next to Skyfire and the SS86 Dinobots. I’m now trying 18” scale with CW Devastator and JJ Superion. They’re a little larger than I would like, but think they scale better than the 12”. My dilemma now is I need a 18” Bruticus. I like the MMC Bruticus but he’s sold out or over $1000 on eBay.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an 18”Bruticus and possibly 18” Menasor? Also any recommendations for Constructicons and Arialbots at the 6” scale? I don’t mind that they don’t come from the same set, since the 18” mass shifting from WFC scale is impossible.

2. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Jinbao do an OSKO of the Warbotron Bruticus - pretty sure he's 18-19" or thereabouts.

s-l1600.png

[EDIT: They also do a really nice-looking OSKO of Gravity Builder (Devastator) at the same size.]

• Like Like x 1
  3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would try asking in the 3rd party forum. Those guys are far more familiar with what’s out there, what’s decent and what’s available at reasonable prices.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  4. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

BigBadToyStore still has open preorders for every member of Assaultus, both regular and G2 versions. $585 for all 5 members of the original team, the G2 versions are "In Stock" but are $30 more for the whole team.

Product Search Page

• Like Like x 2
  5. TFtrial

Thanks. I just did a search and saw this upgrade kit. It really enhances the look of the figure. I’ll have to ask the 3rd party forum where to find it. 449FBF19-A693-4927-BE5E-17E755645AA0.jpeg 85BC8E14-7947-4962-86E5-266091E187A4.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. TFtrial

Thanks!! I was all set to pull the trigger until I saw how cheap Warbotron is. Decisions decisions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Warbotron is cool, too. You can't go wrong. I own Assaultus and I'm a big fan, but I'd be happy to own either (or both).

Vol100.jpg

Assaultus.jpg

Bruticus_Up_02.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's an AliExpress store that has this guy for $100 right now; seems like a great deal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TFtrial

I love the individual Combaticons and the fact there’s no part forming (even the hands). I know some people don’t like the difference in width between Swindle and Brawl, but I love it. I even love the high shoulders, I think it adds character to the figure. My only complaint is he’s shorter than CW Devastator. I’ll have to prop him up if I get him so he’s at the same height as Devastator. Thanks for sharing those photos.

• Like Like x 1
  10. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

To be fair, CW Devastator is noted for being friggin' YUGE

11. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I have a bunch of the CW combiners, I just felt that I wanted something that ranged closer to a scale that I would consider closer to what they should be, which means that Menasor being cars, is fine at the size he is (CW or Legacy), but the planes for Superion needed to be at least Voyager size (as per the seekers), the Combaticons get a pass as being huge (voyager again) because of the vehicles that they are, and while I have CW Devastator, which is perfect for size (voyagers again) as they are meant to be huge construction vehicles which are larger than cars (at the deluxe size), it just is a bit cheap, so I got an additional one. Same with the Dinobots, the POTP are just too small, and the SS86 are too cartoonish, so I wanted better.

So I went with Jinbao's titan sized combiners (all of them), so Devastator, Bruticus, and Predaking, then for Superion, the JJ-02 Jet Commander, and then GCreation for the Dinobots.

Pictures of all of these here if you're interested: GCreations Shura King Combiner

Each one except for the Dinobots (Shuraking/Volcanicus) cost me between 100-250$, which was much cheaper than most, and the quality is simply great for all of them. Noting that Predaking does need is upgrade kit for the hands, and that Devastator just had a new kit released just a bit ago that is essential for at least the feet (clip on "sandals" that really improve his stability), and the rest of the kit is up to your preferences.

For their price, they offer an amazing value in every way.

The Dinobots were the most I've spent for a set but they look amazing, follows the original toys very well and the Volcanicus while not perfect in the engineering of the legs design/connectors, looks amazing.

Note that I also went and got the OSKO of Abominous, which is about 20-30% larger, which for monsters, fells more right than deluxe size.

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I would absolutely not recommend Warbotron Bruticus. On my version, the legs were super hard to remove. Then there’s the arm connection, barely there. My Blastoff fell off and the nose cone broke as a result. Also stress marks appeared the first time I applied the guns to the back in combiner mode.