Action Toys Ultimetal UM-03 Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 14, 2014.

1. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron is the one character I could care less about in having a transformation - cause it fucks up the bot mode too much to have to compromise having an alt mode. My MP-1 stands beautifully next to MP-5 - the yin and the yang. Now this Fewture version of these characters are the ultimate display pieces. I'll wait for reviews on the ultimetal prime before I jump in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GatoSamurai

GatoSamurai Well-Known Member

I think the same. I would preffer a almost perfect megatron and cheaper and sacrifice the transformation rather than having a Megatron who dont resemble so much the character.

3. kanvis

kanvis Well-Known Member

While I think its quite a nice high-end piece, and definitely somewhat styled after G1 Megs, I'm not really feeling it. While I love details, this appears to have extra detail for the sake of having it. None of it seem to come from the original toy or the G1 cartoon. It's also a shame that almost all of the shapes on Ultimetal Meg doesn't not resemble Gun Alt-mode. It would be great if the Gun-mode detail was keep rather than all this "artist inspired" sculpt. I understand that this doesn't not transform, but even the G1 model sheet of Megatron clearly has shapes that was adapted from the G1 Toy. If MP-05 was a bit "skinny", this is way too bulk to be G1 Megs. Referring to the cartoon, Megatron is a bit slim when compared to say Optimus or Soundwave. Also, why Takara/Hasbro can never get G1 Megatron's head/face right when a 3rd party toy got it right on the first attempt?

Maybe I'm a bit of the G"Whiner", LOL, but to sum-it-up, here are the pro and cons

Pro:
    -It's a G1 inspired Megatron (we don't get to see this happen much)
    -If you have Ult-OP on the way, this will be a great addition.
    -Highly Detailed and removable panels.
    -Masterpiece Caliber Action Master

Cons:
    -If you nit-pick G1, there is much to complain about. (Shapes, odd details, head, ect..)
    -Masterpiece "ACTION MASTER"
    -Doesn't not scale with figure from other toy-lines we care about (MP figures)
    -$800+ on a figure that does not transform
    - Very selective nitch (Good luck getting anywhere close to what you paid for it if you decide to sell it)

Well, at the very least, let hope this figure will inspire someone at Takara-Tomy to tackle a MP Meg V.2 in the near future :D !!!

4. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I know right? These companies should really poll their potential customer base, who buys stuff like this? I thought HotToys and Sideshow were expensive, but holy shit, $800 dollars? I guess celebrity geeks like McFarlane,and Seth Green can enjoy this.

5. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Well to put it in better perspective, imo,

you could get the MP Ultra Magnus the MP Megatron assuming it's about $200.00 and 4 MP vehicles.

Or

All 4 of the FT MP Dinobots.

All of which transform.

This is more of a 800$ taco.

6. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Close up of the face

[​IMG]

7. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

For an $800 non-transformable showpiece, the face really leaves something to be desired. It looks like a modified version of MP-05's face (which was also quite disappointing).

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    That's...not Megatron. At least not g1. I have negative interest in this which is good:) 

9. kanvis

kanvis Well-Known Member

I agree, given the price of this thing.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Really not liking that face. Looks kinda like he's just caught a whiff of one of those farts that smells like burning rubber. But then MP-05 had a crappy face too that looked like Leonard Nimoy in an overly large hat.

Apart from the face I think it's pretty cool. The excess detailing could perhaps have been toned down some but I could live with it.

11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    That face, I've seen it before

[​IMG]

12. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
    new pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol. $800 taco. I like that. Very funny. I agree that obviously you can get many great figures for the price of this one. Personally, my collection has been taking the opposite route, where I am getting rid of smaller figures that I have more of in favor of larger, more commanding single pieces. That's just a personal thing for me, not a right or wrong thing for anyone. I love my MP collection, but I've already cut it in half, and have been considering getting rid of all of it in favor of just having this one (what I consider) be-all-end-all Optimus and Megatron.

I generally transform a figure once when I first get it and then never again except for fiddling purposes, never for display except for Grimlock. So the non-transforming aspect of this and megatron doesn't bother me too much.

I think many opinions will change when we see this painted. Fewture's paint quality is out of this world, and I think some of the detailing that is bugging people will be lessened. The face can also be affected dramatically depending how they paint it.

I'm curious if they do something with the mouth and electronics. The optimus um-01 supposedly has a light up, moving mouth with a talk feature. I can see how that will be implemented since optimus' faceplate is smooth, so a mouth can light up behind it and move around, but with megatron's mouth being sculpted, maybe they are planning something else or he just doesn't have that feature.

14. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
    I'm trying to understand how tall will be this monster, we know will be 16'', so 43 cm... I took on my desk the humongous KO Dotm Meg and it measures 40,5..... it'll be a KING, for me it's the 2014 thing I'm most waitin' for :D  I'm waiiting for a so great looking Meg since.... a life I think :D 

In this collage obviously there's not to count the mass of the toy or other precision factors, it's just a fast thing I did some minutes ago :) 

[​IMG]

15. Steroid Prime

Steroid Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think ill get one of each after all :) 

16. 2old4toys

2old4toys New Member

17. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
  19. Cheem The Rup

News Credits: