Action Masters for TFP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by The F.N.G., May 20, 2011.

1. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After bringing up Action Masters in a thread in the movie forum, I got to thinking. How likely is the possibility of AMs making an appearance in Prime? A small group of military-minded Autobots or Decepticons who traded in their alt-modes for more weapons and power. Give a short explanation for the audience and go from there. Anyone else like the idea?

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

homage to specific AM only characters: sure. Actual original fiction for the AM concept: no.

It's called Transformers for a reason.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Don't think you want to open up that can of worms do ya?? That transformers should transform??
    Some of the figs were pretty neat, but probably wouldn't be a fan fave, at least not in the TFPrime series.

4. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Not gonna happen...You'd think everyone would just be happy to have had the wreckers involved

5. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    True, true...but wonder when we'll get a Wrecker centric episode??..I think that could have the potential to be a slam, smash, crash, bam episode if they let those guys loose on the Cons. Good excuse to get Wheeljack back too!

6. The F.N.G.

News Credits:
    I did say a small group. Maybe 5 characters at most. :D  And even though I was born the same year that can of worms was opened, I do understand some don't like the contradicting idea of a Transformer that doesn't transform. It is an idea I like, though. Transformers willingly giving up a key part of themselves for more strength or weapons.

I do agree on a Wrecker-centric episode. Maybe flashbacks to a Wrecker mission?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really hate this arguement, because frankly, it's dumb. (not saying you are)

They're still Transformers, they've just lost their ability (either by their own doing or by accident) to actually transform, but have (usually) experienced far greater power. This can make for interesting characters (ones who embrace it, ones who hate it, etc.) in a series where transformation plays a big part, either to build character or start a storyline devoted to the whole aspect of transformation, which would be very interesting. (very few series actually give a good reason why they should transform anyway besides greater mobility) That said I don't think Action Masters would work in this series, unfortunately, because there'd be no point to them. Transformation is never depicted as being super necessary in this series as, say, the movies where it's essential.

I would like to see Action Masters return sometime, but in a series where they'd actually make an impact.

8. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Yep, you did say small group..and who knows?? There may be a way to work that into an episode..the writers may be looking for ideas and find them here :D 
    Wreckers Episode?? Now that's an idea I could embrace!! :thumb 

Thanks for saying that SL..I don't like it much myself, that's why I called it a can of worms! :D 
    Maybe an episode where a couple of the bots get locked up could be an interesting filler epi!! :thumb 

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Er, no... I think the concept of Action Masters wouldn't work out at all in any modern TFs.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    No thank you.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Nope. Still a dumb idea. (Not saying you are.)

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This statement was uncalled for.

Again, not proposing action masters as a linewide thing like it was originally, but as a sort of one-off story. Hell, we've already had two characters show up in their debut episodes and not transform anyway, one episode using the concept as a basis for character developement. (which frankly this show could use)

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, at the risk of sounding uniformed over the internet, were the "Action Masters" legit characters anywhere (comics, tv show, etc), and not just a silly toy spin off with an intro? I'm just asking because I've always assumed the latter out of common sense, but I guess you never know...

14. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Bad idea to have Transformers that can't Transform.

Toy wise I want Action Masters of the Zombie TF's

15. The F.N.G.

News Credits:
    TFWiki has a reasonably sized section for Marvel Comics on the Action Master page. I think there was a bit of material for them, though I'm as ignorant of those specifics as you are. I believe there were both original AM characters as well as AM versions of previous characters.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Its just the whole concept of how losing the ability to transform would somehow make them stronger doesn't make any real sense to me. And no, I'm not asking you to explain it.

I don't really have a problem with the toys, though I do prefer my transformers to transform, it's the fiction I find moronic.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only Transformers that shouldn't Transform are the 13 as far as I'm concerned.

(I love that idea that they're so old they existed before transformation was developed)

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Never.

19. Underhead

Underhead Zamboni-bot

I think a single character who couldn't transform could work in Prime, as I like transformers because they are robots, the fact they turn into tanks and jets are a nice bonus. Not a team though, a single one is really the only way I could see it work, a unique character who feels inferior(for a bot) or superior(con) because they are different.

20. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    The only way I could see it working if they were a sub group of Cybertronians, like Squibs are to wizards in Harry Potter. But don't call them Action Masters ffs, that is, was, and always will be a fucking dumb name.