Action Force 6" Military Figures By Bobby Vala

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pharoid, Jun 17, 2019.

1. IronMonger986

IronMonger986 Well-Known Member

With his past behaviors, my money is on Vala sending letters from lawyers to the hisstank owners. But yeah, there wasnt any violent talk in there. Just obesssives going at it all day, every day.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I sorta became disappointed when I realized Warpath Eclipse, Gemini and Pandora more or less share the same body. One thing I wanna see going forward is more varied parts going forward. Just kind of feels these three ladies got all their stuff at the same store but just in different flavors. At least the colors are different enough to pass a squint test but once you see it you can't unsee it.

I get Vala is a small time outfit and Warpath Eclipse and Gemini are easy reuses, but yeah going forward some different outfits and varied sculpts would be wonderful!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I'd have laughed at his lawyer letters and said let's see who has better ones. He talks big but like any bully you pop him he will run away and cry. Some people are just to sensitive and don't have the intelligence to go hit ignore when something upsets their feelings. That would solve 99% of the prpblems.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially when it's your money. We all will agree and disagree on various subjects, and like and dislike various things, it does not make person A better or right over person B. Vala has some decent ideas and has made decent figures, but in opinion the line has had too many of the same figure being repainted. I like the Swarm and would like more, but enough repaints at least until there is a larger Swarm selection, put out a Scarb or Sentry weapon pack.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

As much as I like many of the troopers and individual characters they've made with the limited molds, the Swarm really are the star of the line so far. I prefer them without the insect wings, just because that's a little too sci-fi for the world my guys live in, but even without the flying aspect, they make great futuristic looking shock troops.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Just got in my first Vala figures. I haven't opened them yet but they look better than the promotional shots so that's a plus. I'll mess with them later.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I absolutely love the Swarm, just think he watered it down massively by doing repaint after repaint after repaint. It just needs one or two unique characters to really make it pop. I dont know, give us a Queen Bee or something haha.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Autobot Joyride

Autobot Joyride Reckless Powermaster

And that's fine. But I don't think that there's any objectively or even particularly aesthetically wrong with the design. It's just unusual.

"G.I. Joe what it is now" isn't set in stone. If everyone collecting these things had your attitude we'd still be stuck with figures covered in minimal bits of gold armour and blue LEDs and armed with scaled-down Nerf guns. :rolleyes: 

But they don't look like it. Even Larry Hama ended up taking Wetsuit, Torpedo and Deep-Six out of their dive-gear when they needed to run land operations (or just do...anything not specifically requiring the use of a JIM Suit).

Yeah, all of those sports jerseys really make it obvious...:p 

Which they don't. The filecards are an interesting aspect of both lines but they have a minimal influence, if any, on which figures I actually purchase.

You need to go back to your opening line in this post: "why care?" If you don't actually like the AF line then you're just wasting time and energy in this thread and aggravating the people who actually do like and collect it.

Never said I was impartial. Trying to point out how deranged the anti-Vala sentiment is is hardly the same thing as cheerleading, though. It's more like apologetics.

Quoted for truth.

Nice pics, by the way. :) 

"Comedy" nothing. It was a non-stop 1984-style "Two Minute Hate", basically one big self-reinforcing circle-jerk for a handful of Hisstank's most emotionally-unstable members (including one guy who has a photo of one of his custom figures holding a bloody Bone Collector head as his forum avatar). The whole thing was the very definition of "toxic" behaviour online.

I can't really fault him for that, given all of the IPs that Hasbro has snatched up over the years and basically just sat on.

Quite.

The Scarabs are a definite front-runner for my favourite figure in the line thus far. They're just so flexible, they look perfectly natural fighting everything from xenomorphs to the MCU Avengers.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the new tooling, especially the new vests and short-boot legs, because then I can start building my Resident Evil 5/6 BSAA squad. :cool: 

Dw4354bXcAITyjB.jpg

I'm currently using Agent Helix as "Queen Bee." :p 

Also, as requested, here's a quick pic of Zarana's head on Gemini's body (sorry for the poor quality):

20240317_173740.jpg

The Vala female neck-peg is just slightly larger than the Joe female (or at least Zarana's, anyway), so Zarana's head will just about fit Gemini's neck but the reverse would require some modification to enlarge the ball-joint.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not quite pointing out the anti Vala sentiment. In fact you are doing the exact same thing as Bobby with the anti gi joe and hasbro bashing. Every post from you is pro Vala and anti hasbro/joe. That's not pointing out "how deranged the anti Vala sentiment sentiment is" but you do you. Keep cheering bobby on, maybe it will help him come up with an original idea or two so his line can compete. I mean right now his line is a copy cat wanna be. The vala "corps" to the hasbro "gi joe". And while he has an occasional good figure as even I have stated, he needs to stear his line to be its own thing. His envy of hasbro isn't doing him favors. If he would focus on things like the swarm and some futuristic faction to fight them and go more Sci fi I have no doubt that he could do good there. Unfortunately he seems to want to continue to compete with hasbro and release his second rates and repaints instead of doing that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Autobot Joyride

Thanks, you're really helping to emphasize my point. :rolleyes: 

11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Finally got to opening my Action Force figures. They're nicer than I thought they'd be, especially the guns. I can tell a small step up in quality from Pandora to Gemini. I wish there were a little more personality to them, like unique accessories that weren't just extra vests or guns. I don't think I'll collect more than the Swarm and the female characters though (though that Scarab guy looks cool). I stayed away from the line because of Vala's spongy ego and childish temperament (plus the weird cult of personality surrounding him), but I figured if I could put that aside for McFarlane and still buy his toys, I can do the same for Vala.

I'll be interested if he went that direction. Especially because there doesn't seem to be a "big bad" for the line.

I say yes to this idea. That'd be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autobot Joyride

The Scarabs are awesome (hard to find though; apparently everyone else thinks they're pretty awesome too).

I hope he carries on as he's been going. The more sci-fi-leaning stuff is all well and good (and as I said, I love the Scarabs and the Swarm designs more generally) but I'd really hate to lose the "modern/near-future military" aspect of the line.

I'm not sure that the setting is meant to have a clear-cut "big bad." I haven't read the comics yet, but from what I've heard, it seems like Kerak and the Garrison, while antagonists to Action Force as the designated heroes, are not so much evil as motivated by conflicting ideals. On the other hand, the Swarm comes off as pretty sinister, with their huge tech advantage, practice of linking all of their operatives in a cybernetic hive-mind and habit of making offers that can't be refused to weaker territories within the former USA, but their motives and ultimate aims are (apparently?) pretty mysterious (I guess the only unambiguous villain thus far is psycho-for-hire Pandora LOL).

13. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    the plot almost made it sound like Jericho from back in 2008. Just added an updated futuristic feel to it with the enhanced cybernetic soldiers..Becauuse the whole show was the us under a nuclear attack from inside its own people that caused the country to split into separate factions. You have the Republic Guard, Action Force, The Swarm, the Garrison, etc. But the leaders behind the swarm were made out to be the more main antagonist...the Crimson Shadows? They are the ones who created the praetorian too.

14. Ambrojh

Who knows if Bobby actually had/has a full storyline flushed out, as whole he had ideas for the factions/toys, he probably spent most of his focus in developing the product.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    As down as I am on the line these days, I did get the rerelease Pandora in today, so I swapped the gear on my wave 3 Pandora so that she'd have the upgrade kit. My one criticism of the upgrade is that the pistols are a bit long for the holsters/the holsters are a bit too close together. Other than that it was a pretty easy swap out for the gear and the head.
    20240318_194126.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ambrojh

There is now free shipping on the Vanguard, the total will $185.00. Like Bobby or not he does try to give value to his offerings. He could of kept the $15 and add a small freebie item.

17. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are those little motu cats? Is that the world's smallest line? I didn't know it is articulated if so.

18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Mega Construx/Mega, a Lego competitor owned by Mattel, their MOTU line is pretty great

• Like Like x 1
  19. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

Whelp, finally broke down and bought the Crimson Arsenal Tin. Figure I've spent more on Weapons Packs Alpha through Foxtrot for less so I may as well go for the gold and have a ridiculous overabundance of weapons to choose from now. Not looking forward to my friggin Type A personality forcing me to catalog each weapon by make, model, and color into individual little baggies :( 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ambrojh

Anyone jumping on the Vanguard preorder wagon before the free missle launcher deadline expires? I watched the unboxing video, it is not bad, but not great. It has a lot of nice features, but it had that cheap toy truck look, maybe it's the plastic.