Action Force 6" Military Figures By Bobby Vala

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pharoid, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys are wasting your time arguing with a Vala chearleader. If you notice every post he has made in here is "yay action force and boo gi joe" he isn't impartial, it is obvious he is one sided.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

Honestly I wish every one would just take a step back and let go of all the back and forth sniping and get back to talking about what they actually enjoy about the toys, or better yet show off pics of their collection, I luv me sum pics. Because otherwise this horse has been pounded into the microverse by this point. It's usually the same shit being rehashed by the same detractors/supporters of the line and the man and I'd bet half my collection right now that we all know no one is going to be changing anyone else's tune to their liking any time this millennium so really, why bother?

The reason why I stay out of Hisstank is because there are too many people over there who take this shit way too seriously (and by "this" I mean anything to do with Vala) and I'd hate to see that same kind of atmosphere become pervasive in here because the TFW fora and our cozy bunch of regulars are, comparatively speaking, goddamned saints compared to most of the dregs of the other fora out there.

So having just said that, I brought pics! Some new head sculpts came in from ebay a few days ago along with another desert female trooper and gear pack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shadowcat Cover Girl can stay or go but Female Shield Agent Desert Trooper is an absolute keeper. I haven't kitted her out yet because she needs a nice long hot soak first but I just had to try on the Shield Agent head and it looks every bit as good as I was hoping it would.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    That shield agent head looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Anything vala or action force on hisstank has been banned. They won't allow any of it to go on anymore and deleted all the posts about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Really?! Was the discussion around it getting too toxic even for hisstank or was there another reason.

I did order my first Valaverse figures (thanks to @PlanckEpoch for reminding me Vala has an official store, lol) so I'm interested to see how they turn out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Personally, I say order from BBTS when possible instead of direct, shipping is cheaper and Valaverse takes money up front for preorders.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    The ones I ordered were in stock (Gemini, Pandora, 2x Pandora upgrade kit) and they were actually cheaper than BBTS even with $8 shipping because he doesn't charge tax. Basically as long as I order more than two things, it ends up cheaper (my area charges 10% tax so I am grateful, lol).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

While BBTS offers cheaper shipping by $4, Vala's site does not charge sales tax, so depending on dollar amount spent, Vala's site maybe be cheaper.

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Fair point to consider, didn't think about him not charging for tax. Sounds like it's definitely better ordering from him, at least for in stock stuff. Least with in stock stuff you don't have to worry about his site crapping out haha

• Like Like x 3
  10. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I remember trying to get that Eclipse exclusive and almost giving up on the line. And lo and behold, there it is. Sitting in stock, lol. I'll keep my BBTS order for it, mainly because I forgot to add it to cart at Vala, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    That's honestly one of the things that did cause me to more or less give up on the line (that and the lack of variety among the figures). I'll still get the weapon packs and the occasional figure that has a lot of character, but to say that your exclusive figure is going up one day, announcing a delay to the next day due to site issues and then putting it up an hour later anyway (and deleting all posts pertaining to the figure getting delayed to the next day) is a shiesty business move and because of that I'll never order from his site again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    That's pretty fair. He's not the greatest but neither is McFarlane and I still buy a handful of his stuff, lol. I'm really only picking up the female characters anyway so I'm not going all in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    McFarlane is a crap shoot for their stuff, underproduced and very odd decisions. There's only a small handful of characters I need from him still (a good Harley and Starfire mainly)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Just more female characters in general would be nice. Excited for the Punchline figure. That's way the latest Vala announcement was dull to me. I love that he's doing new body types, they look great, but I'll wait for more female figures.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I will definitely say Pandora and Warpath Eclipse are 2 of the figures in his line that have the most character

• Like Like x 3
  16. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Yep....the discussions turned into flat out toxic tirades. A lot of anger and violence threatening from my understanding...it got to the point I stopped reading the thread and just looked in the custom section, and the buying/selling section.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Oof. That's bad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

The HissTank thread had no threats of violence. It was basically a non-stop comedy roast of the narcissistic, petty, and ill-tempered "toy strongman" Bobby Vala and his dork propaganda network. It was not shut down because it got out of hand. It was shut down because of incessant spam reporting and empty legal threats from a troll to the one remaining active mod, who just wanted peace and quiet.

It's hilarious that you can't even mention Vala on HissTank anymore. He is basically Voldemort.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    the way it sounded when they announced the ban was it was toxic and getting threatening...I stopped reading the posts like 5 months before they blocked so I didnt know what was up. But I do know he needs to stop flaming shade at other companies when his own isn't perfect. The fact he said he was gonna buy out hasbro characters of joe like he did steel brigade shows his own arrogant nature. But thats why I stick to the customs threads and sales threads. More joe stuff for sale than there are here. I would get tired of all the drama too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I wish you the best. I used to try to ignore all that drama and just share my enthusiasm for what's coming out, but you make two posts in a row that are positive, and you'll be accused of being a shill or on Vala's payroll. The trolls here are plenty vocal. That's why I hope all the people that claim they're selling out absolutely get on with it so they can move on to troll elsewhere. I've just been biting my tongue because the drama isn't worth it. I don't think the line is perfect, but it would be nice to be able to discuss in a positive light again.

FYI, I really like your desert trooper lady. I'm going to borrow that idea if I can find the head at a reasonable price without having to buy a full SHIELD set. Great work... even if it's just a head swap!

• Like Like x 4