Achievement point withdrawals (or how I developed a bond with my PS3)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Mar 2, 2008.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    SO Ive been without our 360 for a week now. Every day I leave work thinking how I want to play a certain game and then remember that its for the Xbox. But during this time, Ive gotten closer to my PS3. So far Im almost through with TheDarkness, won my first match on Rainbow Six Vegas, bought and played Blacksite Area 51, bought Turok, sent out some more friend requests and let my console participate some more in the Folding home project. All in all Ive come to appreciate the PS3 more because it reminds me of games before achievement points.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Let's not mention lack of acheivements ever again :cry 

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    You would know achievements aren't necessary if you have CoD 4. :p 

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

You guys need to get off my back about that game already :( 

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The same thing happened to me with the 360. I grew a bond with it and Mass Effect. Been playing it a lot more lately, though some things happened on Friday that made me fear Red Ring.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope to get a PS3 before the end of the year but if it’s a multi-platform game I couldn’t imagine getting the PS3 version over the 360 because of those wonderful achievements.

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I never have, and never will pay attention to the achievements. I couldn't care less.

Woohoo!! I got 250 pts because I was able to tolerate the incredibly horrible and easy TMNT for 20 minutes before taking it back to Blockbuster. I'm badass!!

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only achievement whores do that.

I love achievements. It makes me feel like I accomplished something. Plus, when my friends tell me I haven't beat a certain song on Guitar Hero on Expert, the look at my achievements, and I can say, "Eat it bitch.".

9. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

My PS3 gets love for the mass amount of PS2 games I passed over and remote play. Future exclusives will give it some much needed love (and Warhawk when my replacement console arrives soon).

Achievements push me to finish a game. During the PS2/Xbox era I finished maybe 5 games out of the hundreds I owned. Games on my 360 are probably close to 85% with intentions of finishing the ones I haven't. It gives me a goal outside of seeing the ending and a reward for sticking with some crappy games (Transformers).

Any multiplatform games I will always get for the 360 for small negligable rewards for my time.