Acestoystore - is this still a thing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aledromo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Yeah, if it is a planned scam, it is a really strange one. It seems like most of us are getting something eventually and not exactly losing money. Not everyone is happy, but we aren't all super pissed off and screaming for his head. I was out of any buyer protection and daelite could have just kept my money and given me nothing. So I am alright with the middle ground of a replacement figure. I am sure Aces is done and no one will trust daelite anymore, so there is some mild punishment for him.

I got my Transistor today. I was going to flip it and the Soundwave hands because this wasn't really on my radar. I love Blaster, but it seems like such low hanging fruit for Takara to make an MP and I was gonna just wait. Turns out Transistor is pretty cool. Dammit. Takara is probably going to announce a V2 Megatron and Blaster MP-27 2-pack tomorrow.

2. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

I think we figured out that oral sex isn't required... but a Lil ball play can go a long way... ill be selling my replacement figure and in the end losing 5-10 bucks... plus the additional cost of a second run figure... that's more an xtb thing though...

Now I'm just irritated as opposed to being irate...

3. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I just got MP-10U in the mail from Aces. As usual quick shipping and packed like it was bullet proof. Man this guy had such a good rapport with his customer base. It's a shame it ended like this. I am happy I at least got something even though I already have a nice MP-10U.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anybody wanna PM me his contact info?

5. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i am just pissed because i was also scammed by BMT already this year and wasn't looking for it to happen again, especially for this figure.

6. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dubk still has him for PO at the first wave price, $155 shipped, even though his order got pushed to the second batch.

X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon | Dub-K Toys

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    My issue with Aces is now resolved. I got the MP-23 Exhaust instead. I was to the point about what I wanted and told him I was ok with getting something else and he was very quick to ship it to me. Was shipped Monday and I got it today. Not the figure I was ever interested in but it was on his site for $125 and considering what it took for this figure to be released, I thought it would be neat to get this. I'll pretend I paid $125 for the figure and the shipping was 10 bucks.

8. RocketPunchArmy

RocketPunchArmy Active Member

Got my Transistor today also. I took Transistor because it was the closest thing I could think of in price to apollyon. I was thinking to send a few bucks more for something else but given the circumstances, I decided just to grab this guy and be happy my money went somewhere.

Its a shame really, I always enjoyed ordering from ATS and even this alternative figure was sent fast and packed well. Wish he would have just come out and said something along the lines of "Apollyon will not be shipping due to unforseen circumstances and refunds will not be possible at the moment, however I will apply store credit (maybe add like $10 coupon or whatever). Sorry about the inconvenience.

Sure people would be pissed but it would have ended a hell of a lot better.

9. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Agreed. Aces always did a great job. It could have been handled better and even salvaged in my opinion.

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Got a replacement Transistor today, which I'm unloading since I already have it...can anyone confirm if they're second run figures? I don't think there's a way to tell without opening it.

11. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Mine is the V2 Transistor

12. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm still waiting for Joe to get back to me. I texted him yesterday. I know it can take a few tries though :) 

13. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my package in yesterday, including a Version 2 Transistor and another product originally in the same Apollyon order.

Glad it got worked out and hopefully it continues to for everyone else!

14. haw1144

haw1144 Well-Known Member

do we really have to contact him to get this resolved (vs him sending out an email or contacting us)?

how do you guys end up picking what you want in exchange? i tried looking at the website and it has no listings of any items.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I already have Transistor so there was no need to get another one, that said, is the second run of Transistor supposed to be better?

16. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

You ask him what he has then let him know from said items what you would like.

17. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Slightly better. Supposedly the V1 had a bobble head and maybe some other minor issues. The real improvement is HiFi. They switched from black plastic painted white that looked like crap to white plastic.

18. hound97

hound97 Active Member

Can someone PM contact info?

Thanks

19. Volney

Volney Autobot

Who do I PM to get the contact for Aces? I ordered Apollyon back in october and would like to get some resolution from all of this.

Thanks!

20. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was V2.