Acestoystore - is this still a thing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aledromo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with flynninus here in terms of wait and see. ATS seems to be trying to make things right and reopened his store with what inventory he has left. I think (or hope) he will use proceeds from the sale of those items to refund apollyon orders. IF we are to complain, PayPal will assuredly close his PayPal account (if its not closed already) which means he won't be able to sell his remaining inventory (no payment system anymore). If you are still within your window to open a dispute, by all means open it. If window is gone, then there's really no reason to hassle PayPal which likely will result in closing of his PayPal account. Lets give ATS a bit more time to figure things out and respond.

2. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Er, so on the basis of one bad experience, you have deemed the UK the worst overseas country in the world to do business with?

The UK?!!? Really?

3. necr0blivion

necr0blivion Well-Known Member

This is a sad situation where the lack of communication is definitely causing more issues. From what I've seen so far:
    1. Aces Toy Store took pre-orders for this item and several people paid up front
    2. The propriator of ATS took an extended vacation and closed up shop
    3. ATS comes back online in the past month or so with limited product to sell
    4. Apollyon (the product in question) begins to ship out to retailers
    5. Usual chest-beating about which stores received their shipment first, causing others to send inquiries to those retailers that don't have it in yet about when they will get it, thus meaning their copy will be shipped to them
    6. Users posting about ATS not responding to their queries
    7. A user stating they know someone that can vouch that ATS didn't pay for their Apollyon order
    8. Another user saying they got a response (through PayPal, I believe) that ATS didn't receive their shipment and will need to pay back customers once a loan has been granted
    9. Users/customers with opinions/emotions throughout the entire spectrum

You know what I haven't seen yet? A formal response from ATS. Not on the boards, not an e-mail to those customers who have paid ATS for a copy of Apollyon. I'm in agreement with some folks here that we need to wait and see. I hope a statement and/or restitution can be given soon from the source. I'm willing to give the issue another week and keep the pitchfork in the shed. For now I will count most of the "facts" as heresay, but I would plead at the very least that ATS/daelite provide some type of response in the forums so that his customers know what is going on. If this is a serious issue where the product will not be available through ATS in a reasonable time, e-mail your customers to let them know what is going on.

And just in case anyone here wants to question my reasoning for this post, I've been paid up through ATS since 10/31/14. So I do have a stake in all of this, and I don't feel the need to lynch somebody based on forum talk.

4. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Couldn't this very easily be answered by the folks at XTB saying whether or not Mr. Hernandez actually sent them money that we all gave him? They frequently post on this board do they not?

5. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Smaller guys don't necessarily order from the company directly. There can be distribution and wholesale going on as well. So that's inconclusive.

6. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One would assume if he was selling for $135 that this price would have been direct source. No room for middle man. Not to mention the bigger guys are dealing direct and said that at $135 there was no room for profit. So I say that's pretty dam far from inconclusive! Or at best shows there was something stinky going on.

7. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
  8. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  9. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

Lawyers? Class action suits? Hoo boy.

You'd be cordially shown the door out of any attorney's office. Not a chance.

I get the frustration, but flynnibus is right on the money.

10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    You don't have to have a lawyer to take legal action. That really is only for major cases.

I am in the camp of still hoping he does the right thing. Everybody makes mistakes, but it is how you recover that will define you.

11. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Your non-lawyer option is small claims court.. where there are no lawyers. But just winning a judgement doesn't mean you get paid. If the other side doesn't pay, you have to go through a whole new process in court to have them pursued as not complying with the judgement. You'd be out more in court fees alone, let alone your time needed before you even got through the first forms.

Then, that doesn't even include if the other party starts doing things like declaring bankruptcy, etc.

Even for those of you working minimum wage... you'll spend more money in the first round on time and filing fees than you'd ever recover. It's just not worth it. SCC fees tend to be on the order of about $50-75 or so depending on your area, then your time, and then you have the fun of collecting.

Threatening calls from lawyers might get you a one-off check... but that only works if the guy thinks he can get you to go away.. and doesn't work if the guy has nothing to give anyways.

12. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *shrug* Sometimes it takes only one bad experience. I never had an issue with Asian retailers, even supposedly dodgy ones like iGear's own store front.

But getting back on topic, communication really is key. I can be patient as long as I have that peace of mind. Ignoring e-mail inquiries is a huge red flag.

13. jspags15

jspags15 Well-Known Member

First off I didn't order through Aces, but I am I disbelief of the statement from other retailers about the $135 price. I just don't believe other retailers when they say that price leaves no room for profit. It was only $15 cheaper then everywhere else. According to this statement retailers are only making $10 to $15 on this figure after costs. That just seems absurd.

14. jcblazer

jcblazer Well-Known Member

I have never before prepaid for an item so far in advance. I wanted Apollyon more than any other figure I have seen before. I called paypal, there is little that can be done. Missed the new 6 month window by a few weeks. I asked aces for in store credit. At this point, I feel as though I am grasping at straws. I will never again pay for a figure before it it is in stock. Lesson learned. I have since put an Apollyon in my stack at tfsource. If nothing changes, I will have spent 300 dollars total on Apollyon. More than I wanted.
    We deserve some sort of explanation and refund. The pesimissim in me says we will not get either.

15. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I hear ya man. I'm in the same boat. If it makes you feel any better I think later on, Apollyon might be selling for over 250 once these first 2 runs are done. That's what I'm telling myself since I'm out an extra 135

16. jcblazer

I don't sell my transformers, but that would be small conciliation. I have Quakewave, got him at original pricing and will never sell him. I see how hard it is to get him at a decent price now. What gets me is acestoystore has Apollyon "arriving" this month still on the website. I am hoping against hope they get him in or offer store credit soon. I would prefer not to double dip on a figure I am only getting one of. But, dam, that is one nice looking figure.

17. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    1600 passed inspection and over 2400 where sold by the factory, many stores will not get their supply, i dont know if that is the case here but very likely, My friend who owns this store is a good guy and i will find out what is going on.

18. jcblazer

That would be very appreciated.

19. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Thank You. That is what I think most of us wanted from the beginning. I was trying to find someone on the boards who knew him in real life, but apparently almost no one does. A simple post from daelite letting people know that there was something going on would be nice.

20. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, i think mistakes, or whatever happened, can be more forgivable if there's communication. but at this point i'm not sure how badly his reputation has been tarnished. i'm very curious to know what happened.