Ace Combat 7

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Meister61, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apologies for necroing an old thread but I got this game recently and it is driving me nuts!

I'm on Mission 6 IIRC "Long Day" on normal. It's the mission where you are tasked with destroying 3 ground bases in 15 minutes for a certain amount of total points and then in the last like 5 minutes a whole squadron of drones shows up to attack you.

I have played this mission repeatedly over 4 days so we're talking easily 50 attempts at it. And I have tried every plane from the F-14 to the A10 to the Grippen and I can't beat it.

I've gone all over the Internet researching this mission and everybody else's problem seems to be that they can't get enough points. That's not my problem at all. With any of these planes I can easily score the required points. My problem is that when the drones show up it all turns to hell! All I hear all the time is missile, missile, missile, missile, missile! At any given time I have somewhere between 3 to 5 missiles locked on me spamming me from all directions. I've tried fighting them and I've tried running away from them but nothing ever changes. All I hear all the time is missile, missile, missile, missile! And I swear that the closer I get to the end of the time limit the more missiles are spamming on me I never survive until the end. It's only always a matter of time before I get blown out of the sky.

I would really love any suggestions that anybody has because I am getting so damn sick of this game and this particular mission.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  2. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

I restarted the story for the 5th time without beating the game yet. I think I was around mission 15, I'm on the f22 now just need enough funds to get it hence my restart.

I'm playing on hard, this mission is 20k points on hard iirc. I beat it with the f15 using the laser weapon.

I first go to the base with tu bombers and kill them off, along with the f16s and the rest of the base. After that I head to the right, where the mountains are with the base and destroy all aa and sams etc. After that you go to the third base and destroy all the aa and sam and get into the tunnel. Kill everything in the tunnel and get out. You should be as good as done with heaps of time to spare.

Btw try and kill all the fighter jets that come at you and the choppers, they give the most points along with the bombers.

I restarted and am at the tower again where you have to avoid the radars and slip into the huge tower. I'm planning on getting the f22 this playthrough and finishing the game finally. After that I should unlock ace dificulty and finish that with the f22.

I was stuck on that mission you're stuck on as well. Just have to make a plan and work through it like I did. It should be a lot easier for you since you only need 15k instead of 20k.

Hope this helps.

After the f22 gonna go the Russian path and get the su jets all the wy up to their 5th gen.

3. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like to take out the tower and tanks to the left of the starting position, then I swing a tight 180 and strafe the F-16s before they get off the runway. Then blow up the 2 fuel tanks behind them and circle 180 again and blow up the 3 TU transports before they get off the ground. After that it's just mop up duty at that base. Then I take out the 4 trucks on the road, the 2 AAGs and head to the second base. That one sucks because it's in a canyon so there's not a lot of easy shots. I do one run through taking out what I can and don't look back. Finally I had to the third base. This is where I get most of my points. It's a wide flat area making for easy runs. Blow of the SAMs, towers, bridge, etc. Go through the tunnel blowing up everything outside it and inside it. That usually gets me my needed 17,500 points easy and still 5 minutes of time to spare. But then the drones show up and it all goes to hell. They're everywhere spamming missile and I die every time.

4. Meister61

You're not supposed to bother with the drones. Since you're apparently also playing on hard I'm guessing you neex 20k points. Get those by killing other jets and base stuff. Don't bother with the drones. The missiles are not hard to evade imo.

Btw, how do you use flairs? Controls say L3 R3 but I never can seem to get it to work.

5. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm playing on normal mode I think.

Yes on the PS4 flares are L3 and R3 simultaneously. Just make sure that you have some left. For some reason the game only gives you like five of them

s4sngkwkt2n21.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Meister61

Yea I always have 4 flares but I can never use them for some reason. Maybe my L3 is busted, since my lil bro used to use that controller in cod and you have to press it to run in that game...

So you never personally have problems with flares? Might really be my controller if so.

Btw you manage to beat that level?

7. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never had problems with flares except not having enough of them.

I finally beat the level about an hour ago. But it was basically pure luck as it came down to doing the thing I've done every other time - bomb everything, get the points, then run for cover as fast that my little A10 will take me and keep running until the timer runs out dodging missle, missle,missle,missle,missle, all the way. It definitely wasn't a satisfying win.

8. Meister61

Yea sometimes it takes so long when you have time left after getting the points.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Meister61

Fuck, almost have enough to buy the f22, need to plug in the ps4 again.

You guys played this online? Also need to play yakuza like a dragon gaiden and armoured core.Wish I had time like before.

11. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    -22? Meh. Anyone with appreciation for planes buys the awesomeness that is the -23. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meister61

Why not the 24?

13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Technically, the F-35 should be the F-24, but that's another story...