Accessories that outshine the toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Anguirus, Sep 26, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I didn't want to buy two different versions of Animated Earth Prime just to get an in scale figure. I just stick him on my shelf with the other Optimus Primes anyway and I hate how the animated style sticks out amongst all the others. I sware before the movie and Animated the worst thing to stick out on the shelf was Armada not having a windshield on his chest and that's not even that bad a design change. Well Movie Prime is one of the few movie designs I actually like, he really doesn't look bad on my shelf at all. Megatron does... all 3 versions of him just look like shit. Actually I kinda like DOTM Megatron because I can't see his face under the hood. I just wish that thing was cloth.

Anyway, the roll out Prime works best for my needs. Sure it sucks but they all suck. The only thing that makes this one any different is the lack of articulation because of the stupid gimmick. He just sits on the shelf so I don't really care. I wouldn't of bought the stupid gimmick Prime if I didn't already hate the animated design or actually wanted to play with it. He was just something with a show accurate axe to stick on my shelf.

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're probably in the minority, I would say that but I love the toy itself so much that the Trident is just a bonus. I think Terradive and Space Case by extension are the strongest movie toys to have come out of the movie lines.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    The minibot Pinpointer from DOTM Human Alliance Basic Tailpipe. Not only is he a neat Targetmaster, but he makes a great Bayverse version of Ratbat!

Tailpipe himself isn't bad either; bot mode is decent enough as a scout class figure but I prefer him in bike mode. I have Frenzy from HA Barricade riding him now while the human that came with the set, Sergeant Noble, is neutral in his color and soldier's uniform enough to be driving HA Barricade as a sort of SWAT police officer.

Attached Files:

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Closeup of Ratbat mode, please.

Specifically the face.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is exactly what I was going to say :thumb .

Kremzeek from MP Megatron gives me a lot more joy than the figure itself :lol .

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, Pinpointer is the only part of that set I play with.

And I'd forgotten, but I bought Smolder in order to give Chopster to WfC Optimus. I wound up liking Smolder, but I still play with Chopster more (he looks a little more like Optimus' axe in DotM than the Fireburst axe does. But I still love both).

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

I got more enjoyment out of Recon Ironhide's guns than Recon Ironhide itself. My NEST Brawn seems thankful for that.

8. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) The transformable ion blaster/barrage cannon from ROTF Leader class Buster Optimus Prime
    2) The missile launcher from HFTD Leader class Starscream

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

Whoa, awesome ghetto Ratbat.

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Wow he looks awesome as a ratbat. Tempted to buy a second set and some gold and purple paints for Pinpointer.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I bought Cybertron Metroplex entirely for his Cyber Planet Key. I was already placing an order at HTS and he was still in stock there on clearance for something like $5.88, so I got him just to have the last key for the Omega Lock.

I transformed him once then put him away. It wasn't until this year when I finally got around to actually watching Cybertron that I got him out again. Transformed him a few times, then put him away after I finished the series. The key has been in the lock and that's been out a lot. Either next to Primus on displays, or as it is right now, and next to the monitor here in the home office.

12. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with pinpoint but he reminds me of the minicon that comes with PCC SLedge. That one does a good Ratbat impression as well.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Wait... do Mini-cons could as accessories? Because if they do the gold remold of Armada Sparkplug that comes with the Powerlinx Optimus Prime. Optimus was just a straight up repaint but Sparkplug got a remold that ended up looking better than the original toy... and I lost mine... :(