Accepting a truce...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Goaliebot, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

megatron wants a truth my ass!!!

2. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

100% the first original post!

Optimus split second reaction is also a hark back to Sentinel taking a verbal stab at him about the fact that despite being the first to go all out and put himself in the thick of it he hesitates and had difficulty making the really big hard decisions on the spot... he basically both proved Sentinel wrong and caught Megatron off guard by suddenly acting out of character for what he was used to.

He made the big hard decision by instantly dismissing any truth in Megatron's statements and taking out the ultimate threat before he could try anything.

3. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The novel handled the truce far better than the movie but it was done with a lot of internal dialogue on Megatrons part. However the movie had a limited runtime so they can't include all of that, but the one thing the Prime supporters are missing is that same dialogue was handled with body language. I gotta tip my hat to ILM for managing to display that body language so well. Watch him very closely and you can see how tired he is of it all. Genocide can be an exhausting practice, and can take a lot out of someone. The lines start to become blurred at one point, and you question whether or not you made the right choices. Look closely at his facial expressions when Cybertron is coming through the space bridge. He looked at peace.

One thing people forget is that while he did doom Cybertron he did it inadvertently. Not his intentions. He loved his homeworld, you'd have to be blind not to see that. Peace can only be achieved by one means... tyranny. These are his ideals. Being back in charge means he could bring about peace but in a harsh fashion. Many say Prime would be naive for accepting a truce, but look closely at how pathetic his mind set is. Does her honestly believe that humans, a race that had lied to him, withheld information, kicked him and the other Autobots off their world when shit hit the fan, and has always had it's own agenda, much like Megatron, would be so willing to invite then to live with them, in peace? In spite of all of this, Prime still wants to protect them. He is naive! Accepting the truce wouldn't be as far fetched as some seem to think.

I know Megatron saw through the human facade from the beginning, that's why they weren't worth his time, and being held captive for decades in cryo stasis didn't help either. Megatron comes off more like a patriot, a bit more extreme, but patriotic none the less. In the end Bay just had a hard on for a badass Optimus Prime. That's why he killed Megatron, in face stealing fashion, and way out of context with his movie one incarnation. Prime let Cybertron be destroyed for a race that will continue to betray him for the rest of their coexistence. My opinion at least.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Yeah I would do what Prime did. Although Megatron did nothing but moan on his ass the hole movie and only said the truce stuff after his planet and anyone he could boss around was obliterated. Also he said all he wanted was to be back in charge as if he only did this because he would never think he could go back to OP. So I think if they were going to change the end they should have completely changed that line.

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    It was only stupid because there was no fight. After seeing EVERY. OTHER. MAJOR. CON. die like a bitch, then not even getting a good Prime Megs throwdown in the whole trilogy? It was lame.

Not to mention, all this talk about Prime shoulda killed Megs... I agree. But the way things are done is important to Prime's character. A brief tussle ending with Prime executing Megs OK corral shootout style would have been better and more in character... I have to say I HATED seeing Prime kill Megs in such a brutal fashion. Honestly I think they did too much with having him rip off his head and have a spine come out... too visceral. There is nothing heroic about how gory Prime was with killing him... Say what you will, the character was cheapened to me by them doing this.

Either way, letting megs live would have been dumb.

6. LesterX

LesterX Banned

THIS THIS THIS THIS Finally someone agrees with me!

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bullcrap.

I'd let him live but exile him from Earth so he can live on whatever rock he wants.

Him and his hatchlings on Charr. Come on i'd love to see that.

8. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

That as always been the problem with bay, he never developed megatron has a warrior fighter just like prime in movie's 2 and at times 3. That is why megatron has always been seen as prime's ultimate nemesis, because he has the ability to match prime on weapons and strength. If that was not the case, megatron would not have been able to overtake cybertron, and basically ruin their own planet

9. IronPrime80

IronPrime80 Autobot

Lennox said in ROTF when that idiot Galloway deactivated NEST, "There's no negotiating with them [the Decepticons]".

If a human could see that making a "truce" with the Decepticons would be beyond stupid, why should Prime try to make peace with the one who was the cause of the war in the 1st place? If not for Megatron, they'd all still be living on Cybertron, and none of this crap would've ever happened.

Megatron deserved what he got, execution.

10. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Yeah, my biggest beef with the whole deal was that there was no actual fight...well, that and the fact that in DOTM Megs just comes off as a relative wuss in comparison to the other two movies. I wanted to finally see Prime bash the unholy **** out of him till those red optics turn black, instead of just take the Han Solo/Indiana Jones route of shooting him while he's spouting.

11. Decepticon X

Decepticon X Member

A lot of people don't like the fact that optimus didn't accept Megatron's truce and came off as too "violent," but I thought it was very fitting. Afterall, Megatron just murdered an entire city, tried to turn the human race into slaves, coerce the bot Optimus saw as a father into joining him, and later killed that same bot in cold blood. If you ask me, that would be more than enough to traumatize Optimus into killing Megatron in cold blood. In fact, it was very fitting due to the irony: Megatron asked Optimus who he would be without him, and at that moment, optimus knew: he would be the complete opposite of everything he believed in; he would be the very thing he despised; he would become like Sentinel.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

That's why Optimus Prime killed him. :D 

13. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    lol, any truth would have been enough, either about aliens or JFK murder!

Learn to spell.

14. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it would of been better if prime said this is for ironhide and shoots him..

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, the argument that never ends.

1. I don't think Prime should have accepted the truce with Megatron.

2. I have no qualms about Prime killing Megatron.

3. However, the way it was done irks me.

That is all.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Few seem to understand that the "truce" was basically "let me live so I can continue killing and conquering, plz." The terms of Megatron's truce were about as reasonable as a pig piloting a starship made out of lemons.

Very unreasonable.

17. KingMegatron632

KingMegatron632 Well-Known Member

Megatron's Truce is True

I'm getting sick and tired of people saying Megatron was lying beacause he wasn't. I'll explain why another time but right now I'm doing research about what I'm going to say and plus I'm new to all this posting stuff.

18. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, ffs.

It was very clearly NOT a truce Megatron wanted.

"All I want is to be back in charge."

That's not offering a truce, that's offering Optimus a chance to forfeit the battle for liberty.

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    You only get one first post. You wasted it by saying "stay tuned for my second post" ?

20. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Locked for Necromancy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.