Acceptable price for real MP-36 Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Schroeder, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Schroeder

Schroeder Well-Known Member

I'm considering getting one of these, but the prices on eBay have me confused. I know about the IT-02 KO, and it seems the price on that figure is $70 - $90. However there are some supposed Tamara Mp-36 figures from Chinese sellers with 99.5%+ feedback listed in the same range. Some of the mp-36s from USA sellers are in the $200 range.

I can only assume the Chinese seller $80 "takara Tomy" figures are actually KOs, but I wanted to check here first. I didn't wanna screw myself out of a deal due to paranoia.

Also, I know there is a thread for Chinese sellers on eBay and their reputability, but does anyone care to comment on their philosophy on buying MPs off eBay?

I now own all the beast wars MPs. I have had slight issues (paint scuffs, tight ratchets {no breaks yet thank God and fingers crossed}), and had a heck of a time getting money back on mp-32 for suspicion of the figure having been opened when advertised as new. PayPal ultimately gave me my money back, and the figure is totally acceptable. It was advertised as new though.

Anyway, with so many quality issues and potentially needing refunds or exchanges my philosophy is starting to quickly become- after seeing how fragile these things are- that I am better off paying more up front from US sellers as an insurance policy. Somewhere like BBTS will stand behind their product (I think) if I break the thing 2 months down the line from simply moving the arm. What are everyone's thoughts?

So, two questions here:

1.) What's a real mp-36 expected to put me out?

2.) Is it worth buying figures here in the states with a higher upfront cost as an insurance policy in case there are quality issues?

2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Hi, I was looking for a mp36 since the beginning of the year. Tried ebay even went to youtube to watch how bad this KO figures are, but ultimately I wanted an original one. Hey even if I wanted a KO sellers out there are not to be trusted. I ended up going right here to the Wanted forum, and opened a thread over there. I received some offers but ended up deciding to take one for 175 or so that is in pristine condition.

3. Schroeder

Schroeder Well-Known Member

So that was used and loose with box?