Absolute Worst Transformers Product

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JohnStartop, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Beast Wars Retrax.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Fiction-wise, I'm going to go with Combiner Wars (the online series). It's a mini-series, so the episodes aren't stand-alone enough to pick a worst. It has to be judged as a whole. After about a year of hyping this show up as an "adult series" that would explore complex and sophisticated themes, and really dive into the lore, this just felt like a spit-in-the-face to the fans. It didn't even get Combiners right. They advertised ten minute episodes, and they were barely five minutes. Even removing the hype, it's easily one of the worst pieces of entertainment I've ever seen. Poor animation, voice-acting, sound mixing (seriously, how do you mess up sound mixing so badly...it's not that hard). I can't think of any positives...except maybe Megatron got one good line. It's almost indistinguishable from a joke, it's so inept.

Toy-wise, I think I'd go with Universe Silverbolt. It's probably the only Transformers toy I've ever regretted buying. Not because I wasted money on it (I got it for a dollar or so at a garage sale), but because it takes up so much space while being so un-fun. And I love G1 Silverbolt as a character.

Honorable mention: That "Roll-Out" album from a few years back. While I don't think it's awful (there are actually a couple fine songs), I find it a bit cringeworthy. And I don't find a lot of Transformers stuff cringeworthy, per-se. Something about including vaguely "Transformers-ish" lyrics in generic modern rock (?) songs just comes across as weird. If they want to release a Transformers-themed album, they should probably stick closer to the brand's roots. Use '80s sounding songs, so we have a reference point. Heck, Stan Bush does the same thing in most of his modern songs. They're '80s-inspired, and have lyrics that could apply to the Transformers. Just slap a Transformers cover onto one of his recent albums. Or maybe use something modern that's more pumping, like "Battle Cry".

• Like Like x 7
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross What ogres do in life Shrekos in eternity. Veteran

I think I watched three episodes of Combiner Wars. I think the first episode was the worst one.

As for toys, G1 Wheelie's toy. I enjoy the character's rhyming, even if some fans find it annoying, but his toy is pretty bad.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    If I ever become a serial killer, you'll know because one of these will disappear from eBay.

• Like Like x 10
  5. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

As bad if not worse: Transformers Titan Guardians

These foam type plastic things that were still about 10$ each, were my "what the heck? really?" moment, and yet, in the forums, I still would see posts of people hunting for them.. yet I don't recall seeing them as part of collections... if I did, I can't even remember.

• Like Like x 2
  6. protohuman

protohuman part Greeble, part Shell...

Beast Machines.
    The entire product line and computer generated series, up until the moment Primal and Megatron just off a cliff together holding hands.

• Like Like x 2
  7. imfallenangel

Talking toy lines:

Cyberverse has been fairly bad, as though they are meant for a younger generation, the figures are fairly cheap, lacks a lot of options that would/could have made them much better.

RID15 is a fine line as it had a LOT of great figures, some are probably some of the best for some figures for some characters from any series.

Both are more about being "cartoonish", but still RID did get me to buy several of them and I still absolutely love them, one in particular (Windblade - masked version) is going be to hard to replace with a better figure and still is in my all time top favourite in my collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's gotta be the Titan Hero dubiously 'articulated' brick figures that look suspiciously like oversized novelty cookies made out of plastic. I always felt hypothetically sorry for any child who was given one of those. Perhaps Hasbro agreed, as recently they started making them into very poor transforming figures, as opposed to just very poor figures in general.

I'm sorry you lost the ability to process the concept of 'fun'. ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    That's just a remold of her original generations toy

10. imfallenangel

Are you talking about Generations "Thrilling 30"?
    Windblade (G1) - Transformers Wiki

'cause it is not a remold, not a all, and I really am curious why you'd get that impression.
    Windblade (RID) - Transformers Wiki

I have both, and while they are both Windblade, they aren't the same at all aside the basic fact that it's the same character and while the transformation is similar, they are really not even close to being the same parts remolded.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Because it's obvious they simplified the initial design and still some parts like her thighs are still the same.

I'm puzzled as this text makes a difference between actual remold ing and starting with the same cad files. I'm pretty sure nowadays they don't do actual r3molds anymore and everything is done using cad and that we're just still using the word remold as we're used to say it. Maybe that's where the confusion came from by me calling it a remold.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  12. imfallenangel

Remolds tend to be when they take a figure, and modify some parts, mostly the esthetics, usually including a different head, but side by side, you can see the majority of the parts are either the same or the engineering is, making the transformation virtually identical.

Topspin/Twin Twist are easy example of that, both G1(Diaclone) and the Titan returns. All of the target master planes from the Titans Returns are as such (all their legs are nearly (or are) identical), heck, most of the combiners are remolds at least in part, some more than others. Sky Shadow/Overlord is another example.

The casting of many parts are either the same, possibly reused in a slightly different way (Metroplex/Fortress Maximus) or esthetics are changed but the way the parts transforms and connects are the same.

Just having similar thighs isn't a remold (and I'll have to compare as I'm curious now) ... that's like saying that any Optimus is a remold because a previous version shares similarities. A figure can have one piece that's shared from another but the rest of the figure is completely new and different. That is not a remold.

13. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Well physical remold ing of an actual physical mold is a lot more complicated than remold ing a cad file to the point where it becomes nearly a different figure. I think that's why in the past remolds were only small changes and now they use it more often to save on cost to share the engineering. To my understanding a remodeling is not too different from remold ing, only easier to do. In the past they had to physically model something and make a mold from that. So I don't think even figures that everyone call a remold would not be a remold by that definition, as no one actually physically alters molds anymore. They always remodel cad files.

14. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

These are pretty cringe-worthy

2-Megatron-Costume-Hoodie.jpg grimlock-costume-hoodie.master.png

• Like Like x 12
  15. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 9
  16. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Battle Mashers, that is all
    click the spoiler if you are curious \\
    [​IMG]
    Soundwave
    [​IMG]
    Lockdown
    [​IMG]
    Megatron and Optimus
    [​IMG]
    Barricade
    [​IMG]
    Starscream
    [​IMG]
    Grimlock
    [​IMG]
    Bumblebee
    [​IMG]
    Prowl

• Like Like x 8
  17. protohuman

protohuman part Greeble, part Shell...

Those are hilarious, I'd get one but I'm sure they all smell like weed and millster BO.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    B.O.T.

19. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

G1 Quickswitch.

20. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

But but....Its collectable dogshit! :lol :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 5