about the lion king1 and 1 and a 1/2

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by GENOZAUR, Sep 21, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

since both movies storylines happen to cover events from the first movie and 1 and 1/2 does provide extra backstory left out of the first movie.

would it be possible to combine each movies set of scenes together in proper order story line event wise so that the two movies instead have been properly spliced together to tell a single merged story that thoroughly covers the events and storyline of both movies?

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    that WOULD BE AWESOME, i would do it myself only if i had the movies in dvd....:/

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    You would splice together a really shitty film.
    The narratives of the two are entirely different, and to throw in what Timon and Pumbaa were doing throughout one, then nothing is gonna be paced well.
    11/2 worked as a standalone movie, but it wasn't meant to be edited together with one.
    Plus. the whole thing would end up being like four hours long...

4. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Why ruin a classic?

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

actually i was thinking that the parts of 1 and 1/2 that take place after timon and pumbaa have taken simba in with them and anything else having to do with timon and pumbaa joining simba in the fight with simba against scar and the hyenas would work as additional scenes and storyline content to be built into the lion king 1.

but the beginning first half of the movie that tells what timon and pumbaa were doing during the first half of the movieup to just before timon and pumba come across simba in the desert and the meerkat colony ending scenes could be used to make a bonus movie video to serve as the side storyline movie short to tell all about timon and pumbaa before simba came into their live

i figure simbas story in the lion king 1 would wind up with the bigger chunk of scenes and storyline built into it from 1 and 1/2 to be honest

6. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I remember someone on Youtube actually did that...
    I didn't have to time to watch it all the way through, however, so I can't comment as to whether or not it worked that well...

7. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This would, as others have said, ruin the pacing of the original film. And also take away from the narrative that is about Simba's rise as King.

The two stories are basic parralels or retellings (Whichever term you want to use) Of Hamlet and Rosencranz and Guildenstern. And combining those two plays would be ridiculously terrible.

I'd say as an experiment to try it wouldnt hurt. but chances of success are very slim.

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I enjoy them as separate films, but combining them sounds terrible. Adding Timon's family to that final battle was also an atrocious idea imo.

9. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    There is actually a video on youtube with all 3 films put together...I would give you a link, but i'm currently at school and just about every single site is blocked. It was pretty annoying the way that Timon and pumba interrupted the original story, in particular the stampede part