About the Aligned Continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by HispasatBot, Apr 20, 2020.

1. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Banned

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  2. Slaskia

Slaskia Well-Known Member

They should have been different continuities, imo, but they are not because Hasbro wanted WFC/FoC/TFP to be all connected. Between that and the show writers of TFP not wanting to be constrained by what came before, you have conflicts/inconsistency.

2 - I'm not completely sure, as I didn't play the games or read the novels, but I think KO is from a colony world (he's from Vecitron? in IDW1), thus explains his lack of presence in WfC/FoC, further making that point an non-issue.
    6 - It's implied in the Covenant of Primus that Soundwave took the vow after leaving the Senate, before the war.

3. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Just beacuse characters arent in one thing but are in the sequel dont mean that they are seperate that means that they were probaly fighting elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

Because both teams on High Moon's games and Prime's writing team wanted to do their own thing. Hasbro dragged them into making an "Marvel Cinematic Universe" trope neither of them wanted to do which isn't "irrelevant". It lead to some undisclosed drama that still hasn't surfaced today like Prime's refusal to address that Trypticon was the Nemesis despite there being TFP concept art for Trypticon actually being the Nemesis.

More inconsistencies being: Megatron isn't voiced by Frank Welker or turns into a Jet despite Megatron's new body in FoC, Soundwave is more towards his G1 alliteration in WFC and FOC and not a "Silent type" character, Dark energon being discovered in WFC but suddenly not ever being heard before of in TFP, and so on so on. It kept hurting the brand all the way up to RID 2015 which by that point Hasbro no longer wanted to enforce and was done with.

In my honest opinion, both series couldn't exist as one without some serious retcons. The voice acting is different, the design aesthetic is different, and both stories are different like I said. Even the supposed books that are branded as the history of TFP, while still having WFC elements, do not follow the same stories of the games either. (Exodus, Exiles). So my advice is, just take both universes as seperate since they flow better that way. As did the TFP team wanted you to think aswell.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  5. Slaskia

Slaskia Well-Known Member

*shrug* merely responding based on what media I have consumed on this continuity.

Not to mention what Dark Energon actually did was different, from what I've read on the wikis. In the games it was a highly addictive power up. TFP, it was essentially the Cybertronian version of the T-virus.

This is the stance I take on it as well. I base my headcanon solely on TFP, while using the games/novels more as a guideline for what happened before, making adjustments as needed so things make sense (at least, to the best of my ability....)

• Like Like x 1
  6. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

Those were for different reasons though. Hugo Weaving quit his Megatron role after DOTM because he thought it was "meaningless" and throughout the Bay films it's been shown why Megatron had a different alt mode. (Except TLK because that was a clusterf*ck). The problem with Prime is, it establishes that Megatron always looked like his jet body throughout the whole series' history and presumably was voiced by Frank Welker. Even in the Prime flashback sequences he is still in his Jet body rather than his WFC or FoC Tankformer form.

According to the Covenant of Primus, Soundwave took his vow of silence only after he abandoned his position on the high council. Whether WFC / FoC Soundwave abandoned the council aswell is debatable, but he still is not silent. Seeing how Megatron viewed him as a top lieutenant in WFC and FoC it would seem odd for Soundwave to suddenly stop talking from Megatron's perspective, or just stop talking overall.

Uh, which ones to be exact? The only one I can remember is when in the Bay films they moved towards looking more humanized designs, but that is it. WFC and FOC were a re-imagining of the G1 characters as sleek, cybertronian based designs. Prime was based off of a hybrid of the Bay films along with G1, as spiky, lanky, based designs. which is again, a much more different aesthetic. It's why Bee from FoC is not the Bee from Prime, because of much different design aesthetics.

7. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

It wouldn't be a waste of time if Hasbro wanted to enforce the Cybertron games and the Prime continuity into one. (which they showed little responsibility in enforcing) They should've told the Prime team to put the WFC designs in the flashbacks which they didn't do. The flashback scenes were just simple art-stills like a motion comic which shouldn't have been too hard.

The more I read these attempts as they tried to force the two into one just becomes more and more lackluster and shoehorned. The silent Soundwave fits the Prime universe, sure. But we've already seen Soundwave from WFC and FoC in action and his personality. Why as to he'd suddenly be a silent trope is just out of place for the WFC and FoC alliteration. It's like saying: "Hey, your Apple is now suddenly a Lemon. Don't ask why, just read a giant essay on why it did. Bye." - Aligned continuity in a nutshell.

You aren't still understanding what I mean by that. WFC and FoC have different aesthetics than Prime. The Optimus from FoC is still the Optimus from WFC, even though it was an odd choice to suddenly give him a redesign. The FoC Optimus design keeps the Cybertronian aesthetic of the Cybertron games. An example would be saying that the Starscream from the Cybertron games, who is clearly based off of his G1 alliteration, is now the Starscream from Prime, who has a grey slender body form from the style of Prime. Both are two different characters made by two seperate teams made towards a different design style.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

I just did in depth. I'm beginning to think your a troll now, especially since I've seen your posts in the FoC Steam community discussions I used to play that ended up getting threads locked.