Poll: About Megalopolis Toys... Now Premium DNA

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Strife, Jun 13, 2018.

?

What is your experience with Megalopolis?

1. Positive- all items received and good customer service

44 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. Neutral- items received but it took some effort.

30 vote(s)
    16.6%
  3. Awful- I will never do business with them again.

107 vote(s)
    59.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelodiousGiant04

MelodiousGiant04 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were the first to get several waves of Generations lines this past year, in the case of Siege almost over a month before anyone else, at or even below retail. I'm gonna be honest in that if they pull that off again I'm going to order from them lol.

2. Primus Omega

Primus Omega Well-Known Member

just placed a couple orders for some marvel and transformers stuff on megalopolis, awesome place

3. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that Josh guy is a friend of a friend of a friend and I really tried my best to give Megalopolis a shot . My first several orders with them were flawless; shipped the same day I ordered, all individually bubble wrapped... just perfect. But then this whole deal happened with the Siege figures and he gave me a half dozen varying excuses for the delays (holiday staffing, weather, their orders not being properly fulfilled, etc.) to the point where it was fairly obvious I was being lied to. I feel pretty deceived and am just done with them. I won't actively talk shit about them, but I will share my experiences if asked and not spend my money there any longer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Never ordered from them before but on the 6 I ordered Hungrr from there and then just yesterday got another email with my tracking number on, for what it’s worth.

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uh. No, they're not. These are the second owners, but the business has been open since 2012 or so. Their previous feedback is even worse. Apparently, one of the subordinates took it over with a buddy and that's what you see today.

They might've bitten off more than they can chew, but they're not new and they know better. They. Know. Better.

Like it was said, now it's explained as to why they don't use PayPal, they sit on your money until they can't hold it anymore, while you twiddle your thumbs doing nothing.

I'd recommend using a credit card with them, Capital One, preferably because of their Eno system which allows a virtual card to use your account without giving the retailer direct access to it, plus you have a CC company backing you if issues arise. Debit cards don't have that luxury.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was not aware of their, sorted history. Taking over a company and running to can be difficult, some time it is like starting from scratch. Just because they know better does not mean they can't get blindsided by something. I've bought from them twice this year and thought they were wonderful. I would suspect that a combination of things lead to their current problems, and if we can give Target a second chance, then we should give Megalopis one too.

7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Oh, I've purchased from them multiple times and had no complaints, but we shouldn't just chalk this up to a learning lesson and all's well that ends well. No, this was, at the very least, them not being capable to handle the demand and sitting on money until they could make good, somehow.

And they absolutely could learn from this and build up a better rep, sure, but to those who've been burned, this feels awful. I've been there. I got burnt once by Robot Kingdom, I haven't given them a second chance while others have. So, just because you and I say Mega is good, doesn't mean they're actually doing their job.

They'll have a lot to answer for, here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kingragnork

Kingragnork Well-Known Member

They were not prepared. I sent them an email the night of black friday complaining about how items were sold out before the sale began, mispriced items, and the sale just starting midnight EDT instead of their own timezone MDT which was not specified. They replied saying they were sorry and will do better on future sales.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That doesn't excuse sitting on people's money, not saying a damned thing when you know you can't deliver. The right thing to do would've been to send out an email en masse the day after Thanksgiving to all the unfulfillable orders and explain what happened, giving the option to wait for more stock if possible or just get a refund outright. Instead they stayed willfully quiet for two weeks until I emailed them. I thought they were just having trouble keeping up with the workload, but now I've got the impression they were just hoping I'd forget.

And how many other people are still waiting to hear something? A lot of those orders had Christmas presents in them. Christmas is just two weeks away and they don't know what's going on, and won't know to shop elsewhere until who knows when.

• Like Like x 7
  10. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was shorted one figure, a Black Series Qi'ra. Not the biggest deal, but they gave me the same canned response. I assumed it was a packing error, not that they were sold out. I'm not as down on them as I got most of the stuff I ordered but it was annoying to have message them to get the refund.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I hate to pour even more oil into this fire, but...

I ordered something 2 weeks ago and JUST got a ship notice. :banghead:  I understand "holiday delays", but TWO WEEKS? I could order direct from China and receive the items faster! :rolleyes2  That's a mess. I'd email if I weren't so busy.

Extra salty: I paid $10 in shipping! :banghead:  :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've done a complete 180 on this company. I was already done with them after my last experience but after hearing all of your stories, I'm extra done.

• Like Like x 4
  13. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    OUCH!

Perhaps they should just close for the holiday season, each year, because they clearly can't hack it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kingragnork

Kingragnork Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah. It really says something when many many people have complained about it so much for the past 3 weeks across reddit and here that we have an entite thread talking about their epic fail. I ultimately did not purchase anything from them after being so stoked and ready to do so on BF. Was just too many red flags going on when i checked their site at 1130EDT and all the stuff i had ready to go in my cart was sold out or prices were not correct according to their flyer.

• Like Like x 3
  15. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Unfortunately a family member ordered me some items from this place and they only sent her half the order. When she told me where she ordered from I said oh no. These guys are just not honest.

16. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Jeez, that absolutely sucks. I hope you guys get a refund and everything resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    siege wave 1, case of 4, deluxe on sale $80. basically retail price. I dont know if it's in stock though.. info based on daily email.

18. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Glad to have skipped these guys

• Like Like x 1
  19. KittoKatsu

KittoKatsu Well-Known Member

Wow, I was just being upset with my undelivered order, googled megalopolis Black Friday, and found this thread.

They sold a bundle of 2 Marvel Legends to me but delivered just one. Now the price of that figure now doubled. They kept saying they got one on the way and will send it to me soon.

Now it’s February already and there’s still not a trace of my Black Friday figure. No reply on Facebook either.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Wait. You're STILL a victim of their Black Friday?

My gosh, you have incredible patience. Wow.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.