About Megalopolis Toys...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by StrifeZ, Jun 13, 2018.

1. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Removed my post. My experience with Megapolis is evidently out of date with respect to their current status.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Brian Nash

Brian Nash Member

Couldn't agree more with your review! . For me, I ordered the Terrorcons on Friday, and on SUNDAY, of all days, USPS delivered them right to my door. Salt Lake City to California isn't particularly far, but I was shocked! And for the record, I paid for regular shipping.

They were immaculately packed, with the same goodies you received. In my case, I even received pictures of the box as they were packing it... something totally different from anything I've seen before. Nice touch!

I literally just created this account to sing their praises. I've been collecting Transformers for MANY years, and Ive never seen anything quite like this. I'll certainly be buying from them again in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aldo

Aldo Well-Known Member

Yeah I just got mine today. I was initially put off by the minimum of $10 shipping an no cheaper options. But considering my box came in smashed by ups, all the figures were still in perfect order. So I appreciate the amount of packing they used. It also came a day earlier than expected. I’m definitely going to order Predaking and Optimal Optimus from them.

4. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the place I order from wraps all of the packages in brown paper, and then crams paper between all the gaps inside the box... and I hate it. So much waste for me to throw out!

5. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

How the bonus works?

It is necessary to open a thread like this for sharing and we have to send the link to the site owner ?

I ask because it could be consider spam.

By the way, love that box. :D 

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

The only reason I didn’t order from them is that I’d never heard of them and wasn’t sure they were legit. However, this thread has firmly established their credibility in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got all the same goodies too. I'll be watching their site for Bomb-Burst and Novastar, the last two transformers I'll be buying.

8. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    One year later...

I ordered during this year's SDCC sale on 7/19, and now 10 days later, still no update. I'm guessing it's because of SDCC, maybe, but that ended 7 days ago. No site notice warning of slower shipping times due to SDCC, or anything. Just no communication whatsoever.

I'm mentioning this here because it was stated that BBTS is slower. Well, not really. In fact, I placed a BBTS order as well, after my Megalopolis order, and really will not be surprised if BBTS ships first. Generally when I "ship" my loot on a Fri/weekend, it's shipped by Tues/Wed.

So far, this place probably is better than Amazon on packaging, not hard to do (use a box!), but that's about it.
    - They had a good sale, but so do others at times.
    - They supposedly had a few items in stock earlier -- but I still don't have them, so that does nothing for me.

I don't want to be the negative poster in the thread, but it's not all roses as earlier posts suggest, and I wanted it to be known.

It's extra irksome that I've probably gotten 3-4 emails from them about more preorders, buying more stuff.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  9. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I've never ordered from this company i have heard of them. So know someone has,....... its got me interested in doing so. I'm checking out the site now and they are pretty competitive in price next to BBTS or TFSource.

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There was a pretty big stink about them during their Black Friday sale last year. They had product in stock, then didn't, seemed to lie about it... needless to say, it was a mess.
    I believe we all eventually got our orders, but not without some chasing around and ignored emails.
    Because of that, I will not recommend them. Ever.

@Cool Hand Lube
    Want to chime in?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd stay away. I know the new owners through a friend of a friend and they freaking lied directly to me about their inventory. Basically buy at your own risk and assume some shady shenanigans.

• Like Like x 4
  12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    They have new owners?

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in, those extras like the printed box are easy to do when people are paying $15 to ship three deluxes. Once they start getting nickeled and dimed by customers or backstock starts to pile up, that may change. I think that brings up a good counterpoint about BBTS...they continue to pack very well considering the wide range of shipping budgets they cater to these days.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They refunded my order...weeks afterwards, right before Christmas, and only after I asked about it. Most of that order was supposed to be a gift. I know other people were being lied to about the whole situation in the weeks before, and if I'd asked earlier or in a different way I probably would've been lied to as well.

Steer clear of Megalopolis. They're not outright malicious but they've made it clear they're dishonest and unreliable if anything happens to go wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree with all of the above. More on that in a moment.

I've ordered from them several times, and each time worked out just fine, but communication is not their strongest attribute and they do tend to use wonky shipping methods. (That doesn't help on top of their other issues.) So, I can't say they're not legit at all, even though they've never done me wrong, but I have to be honest about how they handle their business. It would be an outright lie and I can't live with that.

That's exactly the bulk of their issues. When other retailers do such things, we give them no leeway (and rightfully so), we shouldn't sweep it under the rug in this case, either. It's made me wary of buying from them again, it also doesn't help that shipping from them is expensive and taxes on top of that. Ugh.

They do. It seems the name is bound and determined to have nothing but misery attached to it. The first owner(s) did the exact same thing. They were basically ToyNK, all over again, with a dash of Rugby's Starbase. (Anyone remember them?) They just stopped short of being Bill's Toys & Games 2.0. These guys came in, bought the place and promised to do better and for the most part, have. (Seriously, this is progress compared to the previous owner. He was that awful.)

Bingo! This is the whole thing in a nutshell. Sadly. When they do talk to you, they're incredibly polite and I like their photographic progress system they have when handling your order, but that's where it kind of ends for a lot of people. It's a shame, I wanted more competition, not less.

15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I remember Rugby Starbase. I only bought from them once or twice but it went OK. Toynk I also ordered from once or twice without incident though I've heard stories. Honestly once Digital Toys and Robozone went under I started buying most of my TFs at BBTS and never looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thanks bro,....I'm really glad your straight up with me on that. Since that is exactly what i would like to know if I'm buying from someone I'm not sure on. I DID check out all the transformers that they had and most i have already. Granted,.....now I'm not into any Marvel legends or any DC figures but if i did i do know that they have them. This is coming from Shartimus prime video recently he got some stuff from them.

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to be of help. They'd be a real threat if they sold 3rd party, they'd get even more customers and more problems.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    FYI:

There's a long thread in a Marvel Legends group on Facebook, people charged from July 12-19, nobody has received anything, now Aug 1. Nobody came to their support, everybody complaining. The owner/founder/whatever (I thought it was sold?) was in there apologizing for delays. Then the FB group admin locked it (and he's a shady dude too).

Megalopolis is apparently also in charge of distribution for Mystic Legions, so that line may be screwed up too.

Ugh.

19. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well it's unfortunate to hear how things changed with them. I used them a few times after posting this, but didn't for a while. I stuck to brick and mortar for the rest of 2018.

Most of all at time of posting, I just really appreciated how much they seemed to give a shit compared to my then-go to since 2001, BBTS. But really today, the issue is moot. Between Amazon and Hasbro Pulse, I can get everything first party for the lines I collect, for rock bottom prices and quickly. I just use BBTS for addon kits mostly. BBTS for anything but the hard-to-otherwise get is just pissing away money.

But then again, they could be TFSource...

20. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of Universal Equity

I’ve had more good experiences with them then bad, but right now I’m in the “bad” camp. I’ve been waiting almost 3 weeks for an order to ship. I’ve emailed them and they have have responded, but my items still have not shipped.

When I’ve had broken or missing items, they were quick to address and correct it. But, since SDCC - things have been bad. I’m nervous because I don’t want the Four Horsemen getting dragged down because of this.