About characters been dropped or returning...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jetcols, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I'm surprised that so many people are shocked that characters like Jolt, Barricade, or the Arcee bikes aren't returning.

When you think about it Hasbro probably wants as many new characters in each new film as possible. But they have to keep the well known, recognizable guys like Optimus & Bumblebee, etc.

It's like the original animated movie. Hasbro wants to sell merchandise. New merchandise. They sold a Jolt toy last year, and it probably didn't sell too well due to the character's limited exposure in the film. They don't want to sell it again. Just remember Hasbro probably has some say on who gets cut too, not just Bay.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The Arcee bikes isn't surprising. They kind of got killed.

And really, your point more or less makes the bewildering decision to exclude Jolt even more bewildering. He was basically a non-presence in RotF and the most forgettable Autobot. Putting more focus on him in TF3 would practically have been akin to introducing a new character and they would have saved money by not having to create a new character model.

3. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    The Arcee Sisters I can understand. From Bay's stance, they were all killed off in the final battle of ROTF. Plus, their figures didn't sell that well. Hell, Elita-1 didn't even get her own mold.

Jolt is... less understandable, and doesn't make that much sense. By keeping him for TF3, it's one less robot model they have to make, plus it's pretty much like introducing a new character, as he did virtually nothing in ROTF.

Barricade is not understandable. He was one of the fan favourites from TF1, and he disappeared without any warning or reason. He was originally supposed to return for ROTF to rematch against Bumblebee, but was dropped. He has been kept alive in the comics for the whole time (and the comics are where they kill off characters remaining, too). Hasbro continues to make figures of him as well.
    All signs point that Barricade is still alive, and should be returning. Out of all three, I'd say Barricade's disappearance and continued absence is the least understandable.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Barricade needs to come back in TF3.
    And for that matter....yes I'm going to say it, becasue I'm still pissed off by it...so does Jazz.

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

They need to bring Barricade back,and it really sucks that Jolt is out because he could've been such a cool character.At least he was unique with his electric whips.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

If Barricade comes back I think he should upgrade his alt-mode. Maybe match Bumblebee's speed with brute strength. He could have an armored SWAT truck alt-mode.

7. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

my understanding was that Jolt got added last minute due to a late, extra chunk of change from GM...thats why he had little to no part in ROTF...so, the lack of effort or commitment to him is, sadly, understandible...

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Well no, it's not really understandable because as pointed out he's cheaper than creating a new character and for all intents and purposes would be a new character anyway.

9. Afterburn96

Afterburn96 Active Member

If the toy of Jolt didn't sell too well... Why Hasbro is going to relase the Electroestatic Jolt toy?

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The same reason they're releasing more repaints of Mudflap.

11. Afterburn96

But someone seems to like Mudflap... Well, i think.

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Barricade really needs to show up in the Final Battle in Chicago similar to how Scorponok showed back up during the Final Battle in Egypt in ROTF.

[​IMG]

here's just an idea of what i envision if they did show Barricade's return in TF3 ala the style of Scorponok in ROTF:

and if not, then hopefully Barricade shows up in somewhere in TF4-6

13. Afterburn96

Too bad, Jolt is my favorite movieverse Autobot.

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Oh that's just a viscous rumor. LOL!

15. skyline212

skyline212 New Member

Wow Thats a good idea..it would be a total surprise to see barricade come back for revenge!!

16. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Exactly.

The bikes not coming back - fine, you saw them get taken out in the movies, and they weren't popular or focused on characters.

Jolt was just a last minute addition - I would've liked to have seen him return and think they should've kept him in since they created him for ROTF, but I'm not surprised they dropped him.

Barricade being dropped makes no sense. Out of all the Decepticons in the first film, besides Megatron, he was probably the most memorable. Why bother with so much random 'Con fodder when you have one like Barricade to bring into a battle scene? Especially one that could take place against Bumblebee?

There's no way Barricade being dropped isn't one of the stupidest decisions they've made.

17. rodimal

rodimal Let's destroy Decepticons

Ebay:
    Wasn't Barricade at one point spotted in PA while they were filming at the old steel mill? As for Mudflap, I'm tired of seeing so many of him too. We never really got his HA here in Va, which pisses me off. Apparently they were sent to Canada from what I read under the sightings.

18. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

This I definitely agree with. I was really psyched when they first said they were bringing Barricade back for ROTF, but was really disappointed to find that he never appeared in the film. While I'm happy that they're constantly bringing out new toys of him and that he's still alive in the comics, I would very much like to see Barricade return in TF3 -- although my hopes of him returning are slowly dying -- OR at least have an official explanation as to what happened to him given by Bay and the writer(s) if Barricade doesn't appear in the final film.

So yeah, Barricade's disappearance is definitely the least understandable of all the characters that only appeared in one film and never been seen again in the sequel(s).

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No Barricade or Jolt is very sad for TF3, but ignoring that and including a whole new list of characters = a whole lot of cash for Hasbro.