AAT-02 King of Kavaliers (MPM AOE/TLK Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Catalyst1945

Catalyst1945 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Yeah, figure is out. I got my copy months ago. You haven’t found it in stock yet?

Please don’t ask questions like this. When updates come, someone will post it. It’s no fun seeing a thread notification just to see “news?”

• Like Like x 2
  2. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm afraid Mackron's poor sales and feedback might KOKblock this and other ATT future products.

• Like Like x 11
  3. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Joking aside, it might be true... :( :( :( 

Seriously... @ibot, please make sure KoK will be an OUTSTANDING release, don't cut corners on QC, ratchets or materials.

@Grifter Prime please helps us with this :) 

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    KOK.

• Like Like x 5
  5. xZeven

xZeven lol

21da3fdcc392c0241c3729dea3e9108f.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    concerns me as well. Megatron should have been the big seller for them and it doesn’t look like it will be.

I was planning on getting the dreads and Cog. On the plus side, I have too many toys and none were must haves (although I was excited by all 3).

hopefully they get another out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    As much as I wanted a lot of what they revealed. I wouldn’t buy it anyways if it’s bad quality, so meh.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime Get a eye full of lid when I slight ur lights out

QQ.. I'm trying to clarify the height for KOK, and apologize if this has already been addressed, but these 2 dudes were having an argument abt it, so I just need to verify the height Screenshot_20220124-004902_Chrome.jpg
    Seems to me like Amazey won the argument, in stating his reasons for stating that KOK would be 30cm, vs the 28cm the other guy was arguing for, but I'd just like to know if anyone else has any info on this.

9. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I may be picking this up as well as the BS03.. could be a good contender for my shelf. We’ll see. I mean I have 4 Peterbuilt MPMs.. so two Knight primes wouldn’t be so bad. Just hope the quality is much better than El CID. I’ll wait for non English review vids before I place an order. Q2 of 2022.. I got plenty of time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lockon Prime

I'll be getting this, and STS-01. That one looks like is gonna be pretty nice as well!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    I need to do more research on the STS version of the cost is good I may get that one instead.. we’ll see.. but I’m loving my BS03 just can’t wait for the shoulder replacement

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lockon Prime

I'm thinking STS-01 will be pricey bcs of how it includes the weapons into the transformation.

I just couldn't get into BS03 bcs BMB didn't do enough to upgrade the mold. I appreciate the new hands, thighs, and head, but the legs are still lacking, he still has that really inaccurate toe, and the bloated torso looks bad.

I know that @VinhLee is working on a kit for it, which it's great for those who got BS03. But for me, an MPM figure should be as accurate as possible out the box. I shouldn't have to buy a kit make it better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    What do you think of the MPM line? I think they are inferior to their G1 counterparts, that's why they have their own line.

I just call the 3p Bayverse masterpieces MP, no need for the extra M.

You just can not compare UT's bots with the MPMs, they are more comparable with Takara MP, Fanstoys or XTB. In fact I believe UT bots are superior to the other transformers brands official or not.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lockon Prime

I think that everyone has a right to feel how they wanna feel and like what they wanna like.

I believe the extra M in MPM is for movie. As far as to what I prefer, I prefer a more detailed robot, where not everything is flat and lacking detail.

It is for that reason that I prefer the MPMs over there G1 MPs, and UT's bots. As someone that owned Challenger, I think that UT got close, but didn't do enough in the detail department, especially in the torso section.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Yes, but again you can clearly see that there is a budget difference between both lines. I have almost all of the MPM series and they are well built but they still feel inferior despite being "MP bots"

IMG_20210306_144448.jpg

I need to add Nero to that picture!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Lockon Prime

Nice collection!! The main issue with the MPM line is paint. That's why I no longer waste my money on the official MPMs. Ratchet was my last one.

I now wait for the inevitable OSKOs/ KOs, which are painted beautifully, and in some cases, fix issues the original MPM had...cough cough MPM4 cough cough.

Or in some cases, make them even more accurate, like BA Prime. That thing is a work of art!!

As far as budgets are concerned, as I stated bfr, most MPs are mostly flat and blocky, so not much has to be put into them to make them accurate. Whereas the MPMs, theres much more that needs to be done to make sure that a real life vehicle gets as close as possible to the onscreen robot.

Now this is just speculation on my part, but I believe that that is the reason every single MPM has lacked the paint job that would make them shine. Although, I will admit... MPM12 failed on both fronts. Design, and paint.

And just bcs, here's my team Prime 20210228_143141-01.jpeg 20211103_182830-01.jpeg 20220107_003314-01.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  17. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Nice collection!

• Like Like x 3
  18. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime Well-Known Member

lmao I peep that Mojo pissing on Ironhide's toe in the first and second pic

• Like Like x 1
  19. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    Without the kit BS03 is still badass

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lockon Prime

No collection can be truly complete without Mojo lol :D 
    I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying that it's not for me. Paying $100+ for an MPM figure, just to turn around and pay more $$ to make it accurate just isn't my thing.

BA Prime was the exception, bcs to me, the Leafage head wasn't necessary to make him screen accurate. That was just something I wanted to add bcs while it wasn't necessary to make him accurate, it did make him more accurate.

And just in case thats too confusing, the abdomen and feet on BS-03 are off, and HAVE to be upgraded for him to truly be screen accurate (this does not include the other issues I have with the figure). Whereas the head for BA Prime is just too small, and doesn't really need to be upgraded for screen accuracy.

I personally just rather wait for the figure that addresses those issues.

• Like Like x 1