A weird question.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Koolimus Prime, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You clearly do not understand the concept of "lying". Simply because people SEEMED honest does not mean that they're telling the truth. Plus, the general conception of such supernatural things like big foot, loch ness, etc. have developed over the course of time and have stereotypical descriptions that everybody pretty much knows about.

It's like how Area 51 has the reputation for being where the U.S. stores all the alien stuff and why weird looking UFOs have been seen in the area. The real story? It's an Air Force R&D base and the "UFOs" were probably just prototype stealth aircraft like the SR-71. Because it was all top secret, the locals didn't know what to make of it, and so assumed the ships were not of Earthly origin.

So, so many places where I could go with this...

1. There is no proof Bigfoot has a human face.
    2. You yourself say some footprints are faked and have no evidence to prove any of the other "prints" are legit.
    3. Bear ears are SMALL, and provided that bears are pretty freaking terrifying if facing you and standing on their hind legs, it would be hard to notice small ear nubs.
    4. A bear standing upright on its hind legs can give the appearance of a large, humanoid, and very hairy creature.
    5. Unless your brother actually goes to school, I am not inclined to believe that his word of approval means anything to your "observations".

The fact your entire basis of argument here comes from a single show speaks volumes about how much you actually understand about science or how animals react to human presence. Which is to say, very little at all.

I love how you use Native American images, which are pretty rough and are probably of bears (because they're hairy, quite large, and actually were around where most Natives were), as "proof" of Bigfoot's existence.

Also, you contradict yourself. How could Natives know about "apes" enough to be able to identify something as an "ape man" when large monkeys in general are not actually native to North America?

Remember, this is coming from the guy who refuses to understand the importance of an education because he's able to get by so easily through homeschooling.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Anyone see that commercial? IT'S AN OWL ON A BRANCH. THERE IS NO BRANCH MUST BE BIGFOOT.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember seeing a show about that once, and it was pretty interesting.

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forget bigfoot, they found a mammoth in Siberia!!!!!

'Woolly Mammoth' spotted in Siberia? - YouTube

OMG OMG OMG !!!!

Also I found this on the interwebs and it's hardcore proof (that's right HARDCORE) that Bigfoot eats at McDonalds! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!! YEEEEEEEEE

[​IMG]

How can any of you doubt the validity of this proof? Obviously real, all real.

5. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Totally agree with this one.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Don't believe in none of that stuff. If for some reason there was ever a bigfoot or loch ness, humans would've killed them long ago.

Don't believe in ghosts either but I do believe in energies & that there's more life out there somewhere in the cosmos since there's other enviorments out there.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like a bearded Spock?

8. Chaos Muffin

One could hope. Probably just bugs and shit, but life is life.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Except the complete absence of any concrete evidence for it's existance and the near-countless cases of "evidence" for Bigfoot turning out to be mistaken or, even worse, faked. That doesn't prove that it CAN'T exist (but frankly, proving something doesn't exist beyond a shadow of a doubt is far more difficult than proving it does), only that it's existance is highly unlikely.

There is no physical, credible evidence for the existance of sasquatch, the loch ness monster, etc.

10. Chaos Muffin

Bigfoot was supposedly sighted in 1811. No man or gorilla could live that long.
    Some bones would've been discovered atleast.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    yes

12. musicmanea

musicmanea Life's a Bitch

hmm thats weird...the rule is "i before e except after c" so i would think you spell it wierd.

13. musicmanea

musicmanea Life's a Bitch

true, but like maybe big foot is the type to live in colder conditions because he/she has so much hair or fur. the bones could be liked buried somewhere in the artic and we just havent found them yet. but i stand by like and extinct species that a few people have seen, freaked over about, and then called the press and made a huge big deal about it. Nessie couldve been a very old dinosaur that someone saw and then died off and had like its bones scattered around a lake and buried or something.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i believe in the supernatural. but i keep it to myself

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If Bigfoot was in the arctic, we'd actually be even more likely to have physical evidence, since there's no trees to hide among, and the cold climate would preserve much of whatever remains it left behind. We're still able to find mammoth corpses from the ice age, complete with hair, so it would stand to reason we'd have found SOME trace of an organism as large as sasquatch, if indeed it existed.

If Nessie and Bigfoot were part of an extinct species, and there were living members, they wouldn't really be extinct, now would they? In order for living members of that species to exist at that point when sightings occurred, and to remain today for sightings to occur, a large enough living population would have had to exist to survive through then and until now, and that means there would almost certainly be evidence of those creatures in areas that are known to be inhabited by humans.

You bring up scattered bones and people freaking out, and that's what actually happens in a lot of these cases. People see remains of a perfectly normal creature, and since the decomposition process makes them appear different from what people expect to see, they jump to the "BIGFOOT" conclusion.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Sadly, for a rule that still gets taught, it's wrong almost as often as it's right. Ought to be forgotten now, I suppose.

On topic, I don't see any reason to make a judgement on these things. There may be things out there: it's a stupid, arrogant thing to decide that something can't be true, when we still know so little about even our own world. Likewise, believing in something because it's nice/cool/interesting/uplifting doesn't make it true, so until we get evidence one way or the other I make no call on the existence of cryptids, aliens, ghosts, gods, spirits, shadow people, or anying else the argument could apply to.

Doesn't mean I'm not eager as hell to find out, though. I love his kind of stuff. In fact, it's precisely because there's no evidence that I would really like to see serious research into these things, on a large scale. At least we might be able to relegate some into the fiction category, we might even find something that suggests it's possible, or even evidence of existence/non-existence.

But it seems people don't like asking questions about the world much anymore, and this makes me sad.

17. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    YEs of course i do

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nessie exists. I gave birth to one last night in the bathroom. Then I flushed her. She stunk.

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You're more gullable than eagc7. BIGFOOT DOES NOT EXIST. Except at Mcdonalds.

20. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QF the ever lovin' T!