A warning/caution about BB movie Arcee/Javelin

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CelticMutt, Jun 16, 2024.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

The Arcee/Javelin mold has a flat piece of metal that looks like a pin head on their ankle, the part where you raise it up and down to rotate for transformation. Yesterday, in a fidget state I decided to transform Javelin and the piece popped right off her ankle.

Now, as far as I can tell it's just a cover for the actual hinge - there was no broken metal, and there's a small ring of plastic on the disc, and plastic around the actual pin in the ankle. I'm not sure if the disc is to keep the foot from coming off or what, I didn't want to yank too hard to test it. It didn't look like the plastic was broken either, so I believe what happened is the two bits of plastic are glued together, and the glue just weakened and broke.

I dabbed some Tamiya Cement right onto the plastic and pin top in the ankle, attached the metal disc to it, and left it for about 24 hours. It seems to have set properly and is working without issue now. I just figured I'd mention it to owners to watch out for it as a potential issue.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

This seems more like a one-off issue to me. Flathead pins tend to be HasTak's most infamously secure construction methods. On my BB Arcee I'm usually more scared of breaking the plastic peg it's been pushed into than actually yanking out the pin.

3. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a flathead pin. It didn't look like the pin broke from the head, but rather the glue broke, and that the flathead and the pin are separate pieces. I could be wrong though.

4. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

I think you just broke a flathead pin, which seems kinda plausible seeing how big the disk part of the pin is, and the size of the foot/wheel piece on BB Arcee/Legacy Javelin. These factors may result in the leverage needed.

I wouldn't imagine HasTak would ever resort to gluing a metal disk onto a plastic peg, while putting a separate pin into said plastic peg, to retain a pull-out/rotating assembly.

• Like Like x 1