a thread question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Souffle, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Souffle

Souffle I like Scouts.

admins please remove if this is on the wrong board. i just assumed it was correct because its kinda sorta general discussion? i want to start a sale/trade thread soon, mostly trade but im not sure what i'll have to know before i start one besides feedback and stuff. i read all the junkion exchange rules and im still unsure about some things. anybody got any protips for this noobie?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly? Copy the format you see others use. That's probably the best way to go about it.

List the items you're selling, what you'd like for them. Pictures help, but be sure to be accurate in either case in terms of what they are and their condition.

Might want to put where you live, and if there're any restrictions on where you can ship or how you want to set up the deal, in the thread as well.

Can you think of any specific things you need clarification on?

3. Souffle

Souffle I like Scouts.

thanks for your input, man. uhh well im not really sure about some things that have to do with like postage. but its probably something i could investigate on my own. im kind of on the fence because i dont know i could probably do something wrong or whatever and get my thread closed or banned or something. i dont really have any feedback but i have bought from some people here without any problems. im also kinda worried since i have very little things that anybody would want. like i dont have any mp's or 3rd party's and probably no one would look at my stuff.

4. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Postage is going to depend on where the person you buy from lives (unless you only sell to a local buyer). If you're planning on something, you should probably start thinking now about how you're going to ship it safely and securely.

So long as your thread doesn't violate any of the board rules (which you're read), it's unlikely to get locked, or you to get banned. You actually have to work at being a bad user to get the banhammer.

If you want to build some feedback, start a feedback thread for yourself, and ask the people you bought from if they could put in a good word for you in it.

As for not having anything people will want, that's a possibility, but you'd be surprised what someone else is looking for if the price is right. There's also the junk pit, depending on what it is you're planning on selling. And remember, you can always edit your original post if you need to.

5. Souffle

Souffle I like Scouts.

Well, alright! I will definitely consider what you've told me. Thanks for the advice, dude. I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have a decent b/s/t once I'm prepared. I actually have a thread in the Wanted section but I kinda gave up on it since nobody had the small parts I was looking for. Would that thread count against me having a b/s/t?

6. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I think you're allowed to have one "wanted" thread as well as one "for sale" thread, since they accomplish different things.

7. Souffle

Souffle I like Scouts.

Coolio! Thanks for your input and advice, dude. Totes appreciate it.

8. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    You'd be surprised. Sure, MPs and 3rd party stuff are the hot sellers at the moment, but there's tons of stuff on my list of things to keep watch for that aren't big ticket items. In fact, most of my want list is comprised of random items from random lines. Just waiting for the right price to come along. If it's priced right, it'll sell.

9. Souffle

Souffle I like Scouts.

Thanks for the reassuring words, bro. Much appreciated. It makes me a little less nervous to sell/trade what few things I have.