A Thought Occurs: Do you think we might eventually see an Optimus better than MP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CrypticIllusionist, Aug 7, 2010.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought about this the other day, not neccessarily about MP Prime, but in 20 years, what will the toys look like, think of how much they have changed from when we were kids.

I mean I don't really even know what they could do, unless they auto transformed not automorph, (I mean they lactually transform themselves) and danced around, there are only so many joints you can give a toy robot.

It boggles the mind.

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't surprise me. In fact if the Takara MP movie line continues on to the next movie, I have no doubt there will be some variation on Prime packaged that way. The only question is will it be an improvement on Buster Prime AND if so will it be a big enough improvement to warrant spending more money on it?

Buster Prime is nearly perfect.

I wish he had:
    rubber tires
    improved rear view mirrors (chrome also)
    Red paint instead of red plastic
    Either tinted windows or something else in his chest besides those stupid gears

But regardless, Buster is probably my favorite transformer ever. We've seen hasbro and Takara do enough weird things over the years that were supposed to be improvements, but weren't that I don't really expect a meaningful improvement on the toy next go around.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    As Transformers moves along, it evolves and the toys become better.

Or repaints.

Probably repaints.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    MP Prime has a lot of design flaws, mostly to do with the die-cast and size. (either one alone isn't a problem, but together it's a problem) That said, IMO, they already have, in the form of ROTF Leader Prime, and other Optimus toys that I enjoy far more than MP Prime, and consider much better because they're not as clunky, boring or visually uninteresting.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    For me they could make it better by shrinking it down and ditching the die-cast. Honestly I like Classics Optimus better than MP. I don't really think one is relly 'better' than the other in terms of design, they both have strengths and weaknesses. It's all just personal taste. So I guess that's a long winded way of saying that I agree with those who have said "better" is really just subjective.

6. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

They did in '95 or '96. Laser Prime

7. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Wow, 3 pages already. Thanks for the responses everyone.
    As for those who said the ROTF mold and/or specifically Buster Prime as being already there, I should slightly rephrase.
    Don't get me wrong, as toys I personally like the ROTF Leader Prime mold more than Masterpiece Optimus Prime too. I guess what I was really getting at is if you think a better representation of specifically Generation 1 Optimus Prime might someday show up. Anyway, it's certainly a possibility.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Opinion alert.... opinion alert...... The movie line is the second coming of sliced bread to you:D . ROTF Prime just didn't do anything for me... flames, swords, and the face looks terrible. MP Prime is great but at the moment, Alternity Prime to me is the best. Great looking face, duel cannons, great pose ability, and a fantastic alt mode with realistic car parts. Everything a modern Transformer should have:rock .

However, like all things, Takara Tomy is constantly improving so i'm sure a better G1 Convoy is only a year or two away. Takara absolutely loves Prime, i'm surprised we haven't seen Masterpiece Prime 2 yet.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The thing about Transformers is that every time you think they have gone as far as they can go with toy someone at Hasbro finds a way to make them a little bit better. With Transformers showing no sign of ending for good there is always a chance of something just a little bit better coming along.

10. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

"Masterpiece" such a misused term.

Takara considers MM-01 Leader Starscream toy to be a "Movie" masterpiece, so they confuse the public more. Leader Starscream, you are a nice toy but no Masterpiece.

Masterpice toys, to me, should not come from another line and should fearture FULL articulation. Prime and the Seekers (the only MP I own) accomplish this. As great as ROTF Leader Prime and Starscream are, they are missing key articulation points. No waist, incomplete wrists and lack of ball jointed neck. Plus they feature the "Lights and Sounds" gimmick. Nope, sorry Takara, they are very nice leader assortment tys but no masterpieces.

11. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way to improve on MP prime is to make a G1 HA MP Prime in scale with the other HA figs.

12. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    FYI Masterpiece in the way Takara uses it is a marketing term, not a literal "masterpiece." It is a toy line.