A Theory on Vehicons and Insecticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by vatarian, Dec 5, 2012.

1. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Many people have mentioned the rapid decline in endurance and battle-prowess among the Vehicons and Insecticons. And why shouldn't they? In their first appearance, the Vehicons easily overwhelmed Cliffjumper, and a pair of them was more than enough to overpower both Bumblebee and Arcee, yet in later episodes, either of the aformentioned twosome was capable of defeating better than a dozen of the ill-fated decepticon troops with no assistance whatsoever, and as though this weren't enough, in the Season 2 finale, light human machine guns were shown to be capable of piercing vehicon armor, and what's more, the Vehicon's own weapons were of little effect on Agent Fowler's rather unempressive helicopter. Insecticons suffered a similar decline. In their debute, a single insecticon was shown to be nearly a match for Megatron(Granted, he was stripped of projectile weapons early in the fight) and yet, only a few episodes later, Insecticons are destroyed, or rendered inert with only a few blows, or shots from a blaster. Even Hardshell, the fabled killer of Wreckers and lord of the Insecticon Hive, is beatin with relative ease by Bulkhead who is shown to be of inferior endurance and skill compared to Megatron. So what happened? Did all the other characters of TFPrime simply step up their game in response to a rapidly growing threat? Or perhaps, the vehicons and insecticons are simply getting weaker, but if so, due to what? A shortage of energon? Unlikely, considering Megatron's vast energon resources. My theory is that the Decepticon cannon fodder have become cannon fodder for a very simple reason: inferior building supplies. Think about it. On cybertron both factions had access to heat and impact resistant, ultra-hard, ultra-light steel in vast qauntities. Since their arrival on earth, the decepticon war-machine has had to make due with regular old iron, and steel, which makes for circuitry with inferior conductivity, (Which resulty in slower reaction time and thought process.) and impact resitance (Which relults in reduced endurance and strength.). That's just my theory, though. Other thoughts and opinions would be welcome. I apologize for any rushedness or incorrect writing in this thread, as I was in a rush while writing it.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Interesting idea, but this doesn't really hold weight since the Autobots and Decepticons have been fighting on Earth for a while, so there's no reason to think "lack of building supplies" would affect them so rapidly so quickly. (and conveniently) I mean, it's only been months in-universe since those two Vehicons gave Arcee and Bumblebee such a hard time. And the Insecticons aren't built on the Nemesis. They're a finite number that were lying in wait on Earth. That super-powerful Insecticon was from the same batch as the others, so there's no real explanation for the power decline there, either. (if anything he should have been weaker, having hatched earlier than the others)

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the episode storyboarders said on his Tumblr that the Insecticons have different sizes based on how strong they are.

If you compare the one that fights Megatron in Crossfire he is much bigger compared to Megs than the usual random Insecticons we see strolling by the Nemesis.

You can look for the quote in his page "http://will-ruzicka.tumblr.com/" but uh. Watch out! He kinda of reblogs some PRETTY SAUCY pictures! Now exactly safe for work!

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ^Holy shit, Shockwave was originally gonna die? Goddamn, what is it with these dudes wanting kill off all the fucking bad guys?!

Thank God they came to their senses and changed it.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Quickly, bookmark it as further evidence as to why the writers of this show suck!

And honestly, I am NOT surprised he was originally gonna bite it. Prime can be predicted like a child's book.

6. SkyHook

SkyHook OP's Personal Stalker

Maybe the henchman factory is running low on resources, resulting crappier products.

7. vatarian

That's pretty much what I meant, albiet in a more concise format.

8. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it depends on how they are feeling, and other mundane factors like they have to go to the crapper and can't concentrate or they have to eat.

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Maybe they were all just sick and tired of the boring as dirt relic hunt and psuedo-epic imagery that passes for a season finale and just started playing dead to get out of the show?

Because if I didn't say it someone would have.

10. vatarian

Nonetheless, I'd prefer that this thread remain as on-topic as possible.

11. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

If I was a vehicon, I'd just go run off on my own. y'know, live for more than an hour.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It was on-topic.

That's a legitimate theory on why they're so weak.

Dude I'd like to see an episode of just a Vehicon going AWOL and enjoying one ore hour on this Earth.

13. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just like Habro is doing with it's toys, Megatron is making crappy robots from inferior materials.

14. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    when ye think about it The Vehicons and Insecticons are clones. imperfect copies, and as such they degenerate fast, age faster if you will. and as such, the'll die faster.

15. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I don't see how aging faster has anything to do with it, as OP and Megs are a couple thousand years old. and the vehicons are constantly being "born" if you will. the clones themselves seem pretty stable, as we haven't seen any of them randomly explode or mutate.

16. Rewire

Rewire Whiskey Grimlock

I was waiting for someone to make that joke.

I don't think there's any, or at least any remotely reasonable, in-series explanation for it. I really do think it's just lazy writing. No deeper than that. If all of the ridiculous holes in this show had reasonable explanations, or even if HALF of them did, they'd need a whole extra show to work them in with.

A pity too; those are some wicked-looking Insecticons.

17. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Probably the economy. Maybe Hasbro runs the vehicon/insecticon factory, and the strong ones are like the ROTF line and the weak ones are like the Beast Hunters line.

18. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Actually, Vehicons seem to take more damage then Insecticons do, while the bugs dish out more.

19. Robot.MacGyver

Robot.MacGyver Improvisational Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps they're clones of clones and with each successive generation they get weaker and more flawed.
    They could be saving resources -original source cloning material- for the Predacons.
    G1 Insecticons could spawn clones.
    Every so often a clone may come out different or better than the rest from some random mutation or reinsertion of the prime CNA

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  20. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    It's possible that Dark Energon is making them weaker.