Customs: A shapeways project - in need of creative minds!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jame5y, Jul 8, 2015.

1. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

Basically, I've spent the last 4/5 months on a huge shapeways project that has pretty much taken over my free time and has the scope to be a monster project when all is done.

Jonbonhamatron (of CW prime fame) has been like an amazing help and critical ear on the whole project since it's inception - and just to blow smoke - without his advice and patience I would be no where near where I am now.

Which brings me to the point of the thread...

I really would like to hear some other tfw-ers thoughts on the project.

Because I'm keeping it close to my chest as other bits of things I've done have been 'liberally borrowed' once I've opened it out - all I'm asking is if you're interested in helping me out a bit just drop me. PM and I'll fill you in (and obviously if it interests you I'll open out the beta to you guys first at cost shapeways price)

I really hope some folks want to get involved - it's super exciting (for me anyway!) and I hope the thread doesn't die on it's bum!

Cheers guys

J

2. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I just like, give my honest opinion and stuff right? If that's the case then I can do that. Though I don't know much about designing things on Shapeways by myself if that's what you're looking for...

3. jame5y

Absolutely, it's not the shapeways info I need - but rather the thoughts on the project :) 

4. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe an upgrade kit for CW Ironhide and the other masquerade homeages to make them not combine.

5. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Well here is john's think tank.

It is an awesome project and I am definitely behind it :D 

And if you want to make an upgrade kit there's a plethora of characters that can be done from offroad

Edit: Theres always room for kits to make metroplex better E.g Bigger head/hands

6. jame5y

Cheers dude!

Although I'm sat here all cheesed off because shapeways just told me one of my kits failed the print :(  AT THE LAST MOMENT

Which puts the project totally behind now as I won't be able to bloody afford to get it sorted before the free shipping ends