A serious question for the collectors here: what is the plan when you pass away?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Exastiken, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

My nephew and neice will probably get everything.

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoever I live with at the time of my death can do what they want.

3. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be dead, so who cares? But my family can do what they want with them.

4. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well if I pass away, I feel sorry for my relatives who have to sort through my entire lot trying to sell all the stuff I've accumulated :D 

5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I hope my family Ebays it all and spends it on a vacation. It's bad enough they had to put up with my bullshit hobby for so long, so at the very least they could sell my junk and get something fun out of the deal.

6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I'm going to be stuffed and stood up inside a detolf in the corner with a G1 Ironhide in my hand.

• Like Like x 3
  7. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm planning to have stopped collecting by that point.

8. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Burn everything.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Probably sell at some point before I die unless there is somebody in my life who will appreciate them.

10. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

Part of me wants to give it to my kids if I have any and let them do what they want with it but also thought about how semi-poetic it would be to take a cross country road trip and donate them to thrift stores across the country, or fuck even go global with that. Like, here I had fun with these while I was here, hope people around the world feel even a bit of the joy these pieces of plastic gave me.

But realistically, through my life I wanna give a lot of them to my future kids and keep some special /sentimental /favorite /expensive ones. I thought about it and I can’t have a collection too huge forever but some are important to me.

11. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I might just leave it to my grandkids (if I have any). If not, I'll just have my next of kin donate it to some charitable cause. Better that kids in need have them than they grow dusty in some attic.

Except for one of my Movie Bumblebees, which will be in my pocket when I am buried.

12. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anything but having someone buying my collection at an estate sale and flipping it at an auction.

Your collection being sold in an estate sale

At that point, I could see one of those tfw2005 postings - "Look what I found/stumbled upon threads" from the guy that bought my stuff along with his periodic postings of in that thread of when my next batch of stuff is ready for auction :mad: 

13. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You know I have thought about putting together a binder with all of my toys, pictures, all of their accessories and weapons, their names, their years/series, their msrp, their value at the time, transformation instructions, special notes....

.....well I guess with over 200 figures it becomes pretty daunting to think about.

My family would have no clue what goes where and who goes with what if they tried to sell them. Its all in my brain.. they don't really give a damn about my collection. I'd like to see it get passed down to my brother in some form.. either the figures themselves or the money from ebay when it all goes to shit.

I ride motorcycles so the potential for instant death is always on my mind. It keeps me focused.. haha!!

14. DanC

DanC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having had time to think about it: most likely outcome is that my daughter hangs on to one Waspinator, or one Blot, or one Rodimus, whatever, one figure she knows I loved, and the rest find their way to eBay or get donated somewhere.

15. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Never gonna die, I'll have sold them all to pay for horrific cybernetics that leads to increased detachment from the human race.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ll just pass them to my kids - what they want to do with it is entirely up to them! :) 

17. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire FUNCTION: INTERCEPTOR

News Credits:
    I have no family, I'm completely alone. So when I die somebody will get stuck cleaning up my mess. And I don't care! No plans. No will. NO FUTURE!

• Like Like x 1
  18. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Passing along the burden is my biggest fear. I have a rare muscular disease and have been really feeling the effects over the last few years and have just started trying to sort out the massive amount of figures I have so I can move them now instead of someone like tfsource offer $1-2 per figure if my wife had to try and sell them

19. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    My brother gets my sealed G2 Jolt, he had one as a child, my sister gets my pokemon stuff, my other brother gets a MP09 rodimusprime and my son gets everything else, he is also a huge transformers fan and has started collecting, he already has all the rescue bots, if he keeps this up is another thing, but if he doesnt want to keep them all i have put a side note that my collection all but the ones my family wants to keep to remind them of me are to be sold off to the transformers new zealand community and what doesnt sell on there well be put up here, i have detailed notes on how much each and every single transformers is worth, all the money will go to my son.

Though there is a note that says do try selling them on ebay as one bulk lot first and sell them off as each complete set as that would sell for more, as i have completed R.I.D amarda energon cybertron movie 1 2 3 4 5 lol , nearly classics, beast wars, Prime, beast hunters, New R.I.D alternators and im upto date with the MP line (i only collect one of each of the characters though)

hmm after reading some of this comments maybe it would be better if i did it looking at it all lol

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I want to be cremated with Optimus, Star Saber, and Toxitron so we can be one. The rest?... I don’t know if I trust anybody to love and care about them as I do. Those characters and my feelings towards them die with me, so I think I would prefer if they were burned too.