A Ramble About Age of Extinction

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Jun 6, 2014.

1. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

I've made a video in which I talk about Age of Extinction, in regard to its plot and themes, as well as whether it will repeat the mistakes of the previous three films. Take a look.

[youtube]tsLPBsjbH_c[/youtube]

Also, if you guys care to watch, I just uploaded a slideshow of Dark of the Moon.

[youtube]cNeUhXRFU84[/youtube]

2. DeletedUser_106023

DeletedUser_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow man that was an amazing video! I'm about to sub to you.

Edit:

I subbed to you and checked out your videos. I look forward to more uploads. Except I can't agree with your Spider-Man 2 review. Thought it was the best Spidey yet.

3. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

that aint Stinger you show when first starting to talk about him.

and put a new battery in your fire alarm before doing any more videos.

4. BluRayHiDef

LOL at that second comment. I didn't think anyone would notice or care. Actually, the battery is fine; the alarm is designed to beep in order to indicate that it's functioning.

5. BluRayHiDef

Glad that you enjoyed the video and thanks for subscribing. I think I'm going to make a video about Lockdown, after doing some research about him. His profession as a bounty hunter intrigues me, as well as his ship. June 27th can't come soon enough.

6. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You has a few minor errors like the stinger thing but all and all I enjoyed the vid bud. If I may suggest something? You can do I or not, just a friendly suggestion.

Once the movie is out and after you have seen it (maybe a few times) to better get a feel for each character, how about do a individual vid on each of the characters? Maybe do a general what you liked and didn't like and how well you thought the character was handled. And maybe point out things you think could have been worked on to make the character better. I'd love to see a real detailed take on individual characters like this.

7. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agreed.. that fire alarm battery low sound is awful.

also.. you can't honestly believe that lockdown is galvatrons "right hand man".. where have you been? lockdown is clearly the main villain of this movie. nothing has indicated otherwise.

okay.. to be fair.. prime didn't shoot a single human in the trailer, for heavens sakes, you even showed a slow motion shots of him clearly shooting at the ground in front of those guys, come on.

humans are no match for transformers?.. hmm.. i guess you didn't watch the previous three movies where blackout was killed by a human, shockwave was severely injured by humans, barricade was killed by humans, same with megatron, and starscream.

bringing up the hound shit again.. what?.. you don't think transformers would have robotic analogues for human things? that's pretty dumb.

lastly.. as for the robots with accents.. they've learned their speech and what not from the internet (according to the first movie) you don't think some samurai culture would have some sort of japanese or asian accent?

one more thing.. as for the wreckers.. when they arrive on earth, lets say they're racers, or into racing of some sort on cybertron.. they come to earth, they search the internet for racing type stuff, since that's what they're into.. why wouldn't they come out looking like they do?

transformers have been doing this forever, it's not just michael bay who is doing this.

i don't understand why bay gets all of the backlash towards things that he does that have already been done in this franchise.

i'm sorry, but this video was enormously frustrating. (also, you emphasize a lot of the wrong syllables)

8. tonyformer

News Credits:
    In regard to the Wreckers, its explained in the movie book which was not in the movie, that the wreckers love NASCAR and watch it all the time while not working and take on the looks of their favorite race car driver's cars. People miss a lot that isn't explained in the movies that is in the books.

9. BluRayHiDef

Wow. Someone's got their panties in a bunch! Anyhow:

• I assumed that Lockdown is Galvatron's right-hand man because I found the idea of Galvatron not being the central villain to be absurd. However, I guess I was wrong; I'm guessing that Galvatron will be the central villain in a subsequent movie.
    • Actually, one of the shots that Prime fires explodes directly in front of one of the Humans and consumes him; that Human must've been killed. Watch it again.
    • Most of the Transformers that were killed by Humans were killed with the aid of the Autobots. For example, Barricade was killed with the aid of Autobot weaponry (Que's Boom Sticks). The others were killed due to lack of diligence and perception of their surroundings; they were killed opportunistically. Barring these kills, I don't think Humans stand an actual chance against Transformers.
    • My complaints were nit-picks. Don't take them seriously.

10. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

i think lockdown is the main villain but no one can really say you are wrong there yet.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The cliches and stereotypical choices for the characters of this movie make me think (considering it's the 4th movie) Hasbro is largely responsible for it.

But whatever, I'm still anticipating what threat the Autobots will be facing other than those ships.

12. BluRayHiDef

It seems that those ships belong to Lockdown, which I find to be interesting; he's said to be a bounty hunter, but it appears that those ships will be used to terraform Earth. Why would a bounty hunter bother terraforming a planet?

On a related note, a part of me thinks that those ships are Unicron, which makes sense, because Unicron eats planets.

13. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Wait, where did you get that from? We never see lockdowns ship with the large convoy of ships. And besides seeing those ships, the only other info we have on any ships is that it will be shown that ships are seen flying over Earth during the time of the Dinosaurs. But we still don't know if the ships we seen are the same ships said to be seen flying over. And no where has it been said that any other large ships are with lockdown and his ship.

14. BluRayHiDef

I remember reading on Screen Rant that those ships belong to Lockdown. Also, I prematurely made that connection myself, though I shouldn't have.

15. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I believe screen rant may have jumped the gun on that one. No one knows who they belong to yet.

16. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Lockdown is the main onscreen baddie BUT he's also supposedly working for somebody. So, there's an even badder baddie but Lockdown is doing their dirty work.

17. BluRayHiDef

Now, I'm even more curious about this movie. This gon' be good!

18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    You may be right and they may belong to lockdown. I'm just pointing out that everyone is guessing at this point. Even screen rant. The earliest we will know for sure will be the 19th.

19. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I didn't watch it all since I don't want to speculate or see to much before the movie is out, but what does "irregardless" mean?

20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

The beards on Transformers have always bothered me. I think it makes them look ridiculous, but that's just me. As for their dialects, we know that they learn Earth's languages from the internet. It could be that different dialects personally appeal to individual Transformers. Leadfoot and Roadbuster had pretty heavy accents, as did Dino. Even Hide had a very slight accent. I actually liked that they each had their own dialects.