A question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaZzPrImE74, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Hey guys , i turn 18 on May 31st. If i were to simply pack up all my things i have paid for myself and moved in with my grama before that date can i legally do that?

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Before 18, no.

After 18, yes.

...I think.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    In CA, you have to be 18. Though, the CA guidelines for the shelter in place order doesn't say you can't "move," it doesn't say you can either.

Stay home except for essential needs - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

Just from that site alone:

I'd check with your local officials to be sure. You don't want to "move out" of your house, only to "move into" a place you really don't want to be...if they started doing that kinda thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    It's less than two months, dude. Jesus. You have somewhere between 4 to 6 TIMES the amount of time left in your life that you've spent in that house. As much as I'm looking forward to the play by play as you branch out on your own and will most assuredly keep us up to date by the hour as you succeed at whatever it is you are planning, you can't marshal just shy of 2 months of fucking patience?!?!?!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drangleic

Drangleic A funerary dirge for humanity

If you're having issues with your parent or parents then just wait.

I used to get into it with my mom when I was your age but it was because I was a knucklehead. I didn't see it that way then but now I do. She was just trying to get me not to f my life up.

• Like Like x 3
  6. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    No. Not after what happened last night. I realized that , theres no point in me being miserable there any longer when its going to inevitably happen. Like seriously. This quarantine is affecting me mentally, and my parents in particular more so my mom, is just not making it any easier. I have felt this way for months. Its simply just time. I need to be around family thats gonna be supportive of me , give me reasonable amount of freedom, and not literally control what i do , but offer me advice.

7. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    What happend last night?

• Like Like x 1
  8. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    A whole bunch of stuff that showed their true colors, and just pushed me back down to reality in hoping that somehow they could change. If you are truly curious, PM me .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you can afford rent, food, internet, credit cards, car payment and still have money for entertainment and clothing go for it. But reality is harsh and your freedom won't be cheap.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Heh, let's not confuse independence with freedom. Kids simply having rules to follow while living under someone else's roof doesn't mean they don't have freedom - they just typically ACT like they don't. We've ALL done it... and then we've ALL found out the hard way what this so-called "freedom" we thought we didn't have before actually means out in the real world.

Yet another one of the endless "you won't know until you know" examples some people have been trying to layout like breadcrumbs.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I somehow think that you want to move in with your grandma just to do things your way, by your own rules. Isn't that just using your grandmother?

But you know, whatever. The people here are trying to tell you to stick it out and help you. Based on your attitude in the covid thread, that may seem futile at best.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Is living at home really that bad? I won't pretend to know your sitch, but if your parents aren't beating you, emotionally abusing or bringing in negative influences, it doesn't sound like it would hurt to stick it out for a few months. Honestly, it just sounds like by moving out, you won't have your folks telling you what to do.

I would advise you to sponge off your parents as long as you can until you can support yourself without assistance. If you move out too soon, you'll wish you had that safety net.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    The only thing I will say is that you may put your Grandma at risk with her being older and you being younger.

14. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I did it at 18 but that was different.

15. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Hey guys just wanted to say , i spoke to @Scarlet knight , and he even said it sounds like your parents hate you which other have said as well.

long story short i moved out and am now in my gramas house. Im dead to my mother now but I’ll give her time.

first thing i am doing is saving up money for a downpayment on my car i plan to get. Gonna apply to a job that will give me more hours then my current one until im 18 in 2 months , then I’ll get a higher paying warehouse job. I already have almost 1k saved up and so im already at a good starting point to the about 10k i will need to have a good rate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Great!

(and i will confirm i did say that)

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be sure to not do the teen thing of doing whateveryou want.. Stay in the house. Not sure how old your grandmother is but she is probably in the range of people that get coronavirus worse. You don't want to bring it home and give it to her

• Like Like x 2