A question for female Transformer fans

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by QLRformer, Oct 29, 2016.

1. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was neither.

For me the entire concept of cars or things turning into robots within seconds got me interested.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

The idea that there were giant robots that turned into vehicles and hid in plain sight did it for me. Being born in '74, I grew up with the 80's cartoon, so the only female in the group was Arcee, and I wasn't really strong on her character. I was never into "girl" toys or TV shows (I painted all my Barbies to look like robots or were spies or something). I would have LOVED to have the stronger female characters back then that there are in TF now, like Windblade, Chromia, Strongarm, and even Nautica.

• Like Like x 1
  3. soull

soull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kinda mixed. I always liked boy things more than girls and Godzilla was my all time favorite toy as a child but I also always craved strong female representation. Blackarachnia probably influenced me more growing up than any other character and it's because of her I love transformers, study spiders and feel so strongly about female role models in media. She was strong and actually had baring on the plot. She wasn't just some token character like most girls in boy shows were. While my sister and her friends were playing house and getting pretend married to the boy next door, I was going on fake espionage missions and breaking the hearts of men everywhere like a tiny female Bond. Blackarachnia represented me on so many levels and that's why I'm here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

This, so much. I never liked Arcee from the cartoons because she played the "girlfriend" role. No story, no background. Even now, it's hard to find a female character in a LOT of comics, cartoons, TV shows, etc, that is strong and capable, (and even when they are they're usually evil). And even when they're strong, they're usually strong mentally, not always physically. I always root for the female that takes no crap from anyone and will kick your ass if you try to get away with anything.

5. FemmeHighbeam

FemmeHighbeam TF Fangirl

Instagram:
    I found cars and anything related to cars far more interesting as a child than any of my "girly" toys, probably a product of having a little brother and as the big sister playing car races and things against him. I had some Barbies and a collection of toy animals, horses mostly, along with characters like She-Ra and the Jewel Riders, but cars were my favorite thing. The Transformers characters fascinated me as a kid because they transformed into cars and planes and I liked their designs. At the time I didn't know anything about gender neutral, just knew that I liked the Transformers fandom.

• Like Like x 1