a question about friendship and dating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when it comes to the whole matter of friendship as it is allowed to exist over time between 2 honest persons of the same or opposite sex over time i got a question.

in the case where both persons involved int the friendship are willingto allow it to grwow to deepn and to evolve in its own way over time in the longe term at its own natural time and pace

would it be natural for it to lead inits own way over time to the 2 persons making the eventual long slow transition from knowing one another only asa hoenest best friend in a platonic firehdship kind of way to the two instead knowing each other as intimate lovers in a stable postivie long term serious relationship as committed partners over time in the long term?

to be honest i cant help but think there might actually be a certain kind of positive logic and reasoning to be found in the matter

especially in the case where the personel chemsitry betwen the two and the ever evolving deepening relationship between them is allowed to play out like that at its own time and pace over time when it comes to the whole idea of both persons mutally agreeing to just wing it and allow nature to take its course over time as the relationship evolves of its own ever changing path time and pace in the long run

i admit im still kind of new to the whole dating scen myself

but from what ladmittedly limited personel personel experieince i have had over time i can tell you theat there is a whole world of differance between the guy who is new to the dating scene who is able to understand the honest facts for theirself over time

and the guy who is a savvy well seasoned so called pro when it comes to dating who has enough personel experieince throughout their life to be able to successfully learn how to understand and cope with those facts as they actually happen over time were personel expeirience in such matters is concerned when it comes to th differance between the 2 persons in this example

its like what you know and what you think you know are 2 entirely differant things all together where the honest facts you read out of a book vs actual life experience is concerned on the matter

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    /\ She's a hottie. Or he is. Whatever works.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  4. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I feel like this thread repeated the exact same sentence 15 times... @__@

It's perfectly okay for friendships to grow into something more. It doesn't always work and if the relationship turns sour, then you may find that you've lost yourself a good friend. However, these types of relationships do succeed, too. I know a few people who've built relationships with people they were good friends with first. It all depends on the people involved and whether or not you two work well together.

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

good luck. Wish you nothing but success.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    So you've come across a dog pound you haven't been to before, then?

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

shut up nacht

and for your information i been chatting with a normal guy up in new haven indiana whos only a year older then me

the guys clean cut hes not the bar fly type he dont drink smoke or do drugs for that matter.

anyways we been chatting daily for the past 3 weekes over on pof.comand are finally gonna meet up in eprson over at the new haven indiana pizza hut

anyways we both made it clear from the start that each of us are only looking to know the hother asa honest frind at first and if after a years time there happens to be some kind of persoenl positive chemistry between as as friends

if we both mutually agree on moviing forward on the matter after that years time we would go on to actually know each other instead as a dating partner over time

right now im just taking it one step at a time i aint in no rush to be dating the guy to be honest im just doing what i can to live a so called normal life as it is.

if it leads past friendship to dating thats great if it dont at least i can know the guy as a honest friend over time right now im just trying to keep my head screwed on straight or at least as straight as a gay guy can be where comon sense is concerned

and for the last time natch let it die already

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You publicly stated you fantasized about having sex with your pet dog. That shit doesn't die.

Will you tell your new BF about your doggie obsessions?

10. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

yeah dream wise moron.
    way i see it a person having such thoughts is one thing and how a person acts on such thoughts is another thing entirely

its how a person chooses to act on those thoughts that over time determines what kind of perso nthey live their life as where thier moral character is concenred and i got way too much respect for caniens to even seriously consider acting on those thoughts for real

im leaving in the past and moviing on with my life so just drop it.

11. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think the guy who admits to fantasizing about sexing up his dog (and then wonders why nobody will forget about it) should be calling anyone else a moron.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :yuck 

I really wish I hadn't come in to this thread now

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, especially since I knew it would be like this from the start.

14. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I've read this thread 4 times trying to understand, and I think I get it.

Short answer: If you're friends with a person long term, and eventually it ends up as a relationship, good for you both. Work through the inevitable problems. If you were cool with each other before jumping in bed together, you should be fine.

If you are only asking if a long term friendship is possible between a man and a woman, there's no answer. Most men will say no, most women will say yes.

15. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    You guys are so tactful.

I can't see this whole thread, as the first page is blocked by my school, but I can see the last ten posts from the reply box here. MoonMan, Nachty, if you guys are gonna be mean, why don't you save yourselves the infractions and go be snarky where you're not hurting anyone.

Anyway, you've never met this guy, I gather, and you met online? That's brave of you to be ready to meet a guy after only three weeks. Dran0n's still trying to convince me we should meet up, and it's been almost a year. I really hope this works out for you and he lives up to all your expectations about the things he's told you about himself. I can't imagine how badly it would suck if he was a 50 year old balding fat scary-man out to hurt you. Best of luck with your meet up.

16. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    GENOZAUR, you're quite a character, but this is indeed some fairly solid advice.

Get ready for some awkward sexual tension

17. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I really regret coming back in here to read other peoples responses....Seriously. That's shit I can't unread.

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    This is why you don't ask TFW for relationship advice (or mention your bestiality fetishes on the Internet).

19. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

[​IMG]

20. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

thing is the guy and my yougner bro happen to be good friends inspite of the fact my brother is dating the guys yougner sister for the time being

anyways my brother is on good terms with the guy in spite of the fact he happens to mybrothers current girlfirends older brotherr

ive just never actually talked with the guy in person before i saw him and his sister out at our hose once or twice after my yougn bro stated dating the guys sister but i never actually talked with the guy in person before

from what my yougn brother tells me though hes a nice guy and his girlfriend says her bros been on the level and honest about everything so far on hi end of the online chat room sessions weve had so far over the past 3 weeks time

anyways im just looking to make a honest friend in the nearby gay community where i can. if it leads to anythng past that in the way of a dating relationhsip over a years time i woulf certainly be all right with it but only if the feelings mutual.

right now im just taking it one day and step at a time getting to know the guy asa friend like i said though i aint in no hurry to date the guy anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.