A Question About Alt Modes And Death

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MECHADOOM, Nov 22, 2012.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

So I was wondering if alt modes of Transformers can still be used after they die. Let's use Omega Supreme as an example. In some continuities, Omega Supreme is at times the Autobots' only means of interplanetary travel. If he were to preish, could the Autobots still utilize his shuttle mode to get around? It wouldn't transform, of course, but if they had enough energy, do you think they could still use it?

I'm not sure if this concept has come up in any of the fiction before, I just thought it would be a neat/slightly morbid thing to see.

2. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty neat. yes, they could be used. Swindle was used when he was frozen. Omega was shut down in Animated and used. So, they could work.

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    this happened in the idw verse too...

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Hrmm, tough question. In stasis, maybe. Offline, maybe. But completely dead? I don't think so. I think that requires a level of dysfunction that would prevent your mechanisms from working. But then again, maybe "death" isn't a binary state for the transformers, and the body can keep going after the spark is gone, ala human "brain death".

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Usually is the case, yes. In IDW they even have the idea that when a Transformer dies and are not severly ravaged, the body will assume it's prefered shape. So a car that dies may return to robot mdoe and vice versa, so if transformation can function post-mortem it's a good bet the alt mode could.

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If only the spark was gone, yes. It's like a battlebot that has its preprogramed commands erased. You can still guide it by remote control.

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    that'd be kind of eerie... like when your horse dies of heat exhaustion you just stand it up and pretend nothing's wrong.

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If you want to get eerie, Breakdown still worked fine when they put Slias' half mangled body in there.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, Optimus rode a friend's corpse in motorcycle mode in the IDW comic.

10. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I think there were also a class of Transformers introduced in MTMTE that turned into missiles and explode on impact. Six phasers also explode when they die. They would be the exception.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Missed that one. Only thing is, lets say Sunstreaker were to die as a car. Sure, he's a car, but without energon, what would power him? Assuming the alt mode is as perfect as a movie one (ie, perfectly identical) then all you'd need is gasoline, i would think.

12. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

Ew... I mean yeah it probably could

13. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I'd assume most TFs would take far too much damage to be useful, unless the body was repaired, or something caused the spark to go out without severely damaging the body. I guess with a full tank of energon a carbot that was taken out with a spark extractor could keep going, assuming that it had functional controls and didn't need a sentient mind controling it. Then it's essentially a mindless drone like the BM vehicons.

14. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I must see this, for this is awesome. In a morbid way.

15. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i would say it depend on the mode. in the idwverse the Constructicons were still able to combine into devastator even though Scrapper was dead. granted Devvy walked with a limp then.

16. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Technically possible, but it would be considered immoral...

17. Kazy

Kazy Ninja Consultant

Assuming energon is the power source and blood of all Cybertronians, it would be like having a car with no gas in it. All the parts might be there and intact but without fuel and power they cannot do anything. In both Animated cases they were in a state of stasis rather than being dead.
    Silas inserted energon into Breakdown's corpse to animate it like a puppet; that would seem to make a compelling argument that no energon means no motion or usuable function.