A (Probably Silly) Crossover "What-If"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Longitudinalwave, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

Over the years, I have seen more than a few fans compare the Combaticons to the A-Team. (There's even two or three YouTube videos that combine the A-Team theme song with clips of the G1 Combaticons.) Out of curiosity, I watched a few episodes of the A-Team to see how accurate the comparisons were, and I discovered that the Combaticons are, in fact, surprisingly similar to the A-Team. Blast Off doesn't really match anybody (there's nobody for him TO match on the A-Team), so maybe he's the van or something, as I saw suggested at least once. :)  This brought an incredibly nerdy question to mind. Obviously, a live-action show and an animated cartoon can't really cross over in the conventional sense, but what if a one-off comic book (or whatever) did a cross-over between the Combaticons and the A-Team and had them fight each other? This will almost certainly never happen, but if it did, what would you think of it? Would it be good?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I can see it. Could work for the Shattered Glass Combaticons.

Onslaught: Hannibal
    Swindle: Face
    Brawl: BA
    Vortex: Murdoch
    Blast Off: the Van.
    Stockwell: IDW Prowl

We've had Transformers crossover with Ghostbusters, Star Trek, X Files, Avengers, Action Man, Visionaries, Gi Joe, Lovecraft, Mars Attacks and Angry Birds.

After the last two, the A-Team doesn't seem silly at all.

Plenty more crossovers I'd like to see:

Ninja Turtles
    Batman
    Thundercats
    X-Men
    Gargoyles
    He-Man

They've also met Spider-Man, John Henry and real life people Mark Twain, Nicola Tesla and Richard Branson.

Through Death's Head, their universes have crossed with Doctor Who, the Fantastic Four and Iron Man 2020.

No crossover is ridiculous if handled correctly. All it takes is a good story.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Longitudinalwave

I like this idea, and I love the idea of the SG Combaticons literally being the A-Team in personality as well, although one would still have to come up with an altered personality for Blast Off, as a van has no personality. Maybe SG Blast Off really likes being a transport, because it means he's not alone in space all the time?
    All of these would be cool!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I were writing it, I would have the A-Team encounter the Combaticons during some kind of find-the-McGuffin assignment and learn the Combaticons are searching for the same thing. Initially it makes sense to work together, but eventually the A-Team would discover the Combaticons are bad guys and have to fight them, possibly causing their mission to fail in the process. Might make for some good dramatic conflict if the mission is particularly important. "Do we turn on them now and risk not finding the thing?" "Do we play dumb and continue to use them to help us and turn on them later?" "Do we risk letting them have the thing if we don't turn on them soon enough?" That sort of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Longitudinalwave

I like it!

6. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I've always noticed how similar the Combaticons are to the A-Team. I would love a crossover.
    This is a great idea.

7. Charlock

Charlock Lighten Up, Francis.

6 year old me would have loved this beyond rational thought. To add to the list of other crossovers, I'll include my #1 wishlist crossover, which was the M.A.S.K. universe. It's still something I would love to see in animated form (old school animation, not CGI, cell shaded, etc.).

• Like Like x 1