A perfect reason why you can yell at little kids (TF toys)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you reread the thread you will find nobody defends the kid in any way. He was obviously wrong. Those of us who have disagreed with your actions have done so for two reasons: 1. You came in wanting high fives for what you did. 2. you did the right thing the wrong way, stopping a kid from doing something wrong is good but yelling at him was wrong.

I am a major transformers fan and the last impression I would want to give outsiders is were a bunch of crazy hostile people who yell at kids.

2. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ So you'd rather commit assualt and go to jail then be a responsible parent. Nice.

Bullshit. The kid was destroying private property. The OP stopped a crime and did nothing wrong.

QFT

So what's your point here? You'd have just stood by while the kid stole the toy?
    You Fail at civic responsiblity. By the time you might have found a retail clerk or associate the lil bastard would most likely be gone.

I see nothing wrong with what the OP did. If by some miracle of stupidity i let my daughter run around unsupervised and she did something like this i'd hope that someone would say something to her, or at least find me and call me a dumbass for it.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    QFT.
    You're not that kids parent nor an employee of the store. it's not your business... at all.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I agree here, but if you turned the aisle corner and some some dude using such a tone or words like that to your daughter, how would you react?

5. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh make no mistake i'd be pissed, but if she was in the process of ripping open a barbie doll or such, i'd be more pissed about that. And she's only 4. If the kid was even older he definitely should have known better

6. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Well like I said I didn't actually yell I raised my voice a bit so the kid could hear me but I didn't use vulgar language other than "hell". Though I'm pretty sure based on the way the kid was acting, he heard every curse in the book. But FR you are right and wrong. The kid should be watched by the parent but if someone started yelling at them using vulgar language then yes I would be pretty pissed.

7. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I commend you for your actions, while in hindsight a little more tact might have been called for you did the right thing.

And let me just ad that I am a parent of a 5 year old.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Actually, you could be held as negligent if you allowed that crime to progress if someone else you didn't know was watching saw that you just stood by and let the kid destory/steal something. What ever happened to people having some pride and doing what's right. This country is full of whiners and loosers who just watch eveything pass them by. This kid is a good citizen. I applaud him for doing the RIGHT thing.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Civic responsiblity is not yelling and cursing at a child. We are not a bunch of vigilantes that go around yelling a people for every thing they do. If I yelled everytime someone has done something wrong, I would be hoarse in a couple hours.

10. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

"GET OFF MY PORCH, damn kids"

He stopped a kid from stealing. It's not like he thinks he's Batman or anything.

EDIT: okay, if the kid did nothing wrong, or was just being a brat there would have been no call or reason to say anything. But the fact of the matter is that there was reason to say something, and at least the OP did say something like "Hey you little fuck put that god damn toy down!"
    He reacted just like (about) anyone would by saying the first thing that came to his mind "what the hell are you doing?"

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  11. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    And this is one of the reasons the world is going to shit.

Not my problem, just ignore it and walk on.

12. Young Optimus14

Young Optimus14 MTMTE Theorist

I haven't seen a kid ripping a transformer out of the packagening but u could have just told them nicely that they shouldn't do that, take the toy, and give it 2 an wal-mart employee.

13. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

He just said he didnt yell he just raised his voice a little and hell is not a curse word

14. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    He could have also stopped a kid from stealing by telling an assciate what happened, and if the child was gone, you can describe what the kid looked like and they can find him in that store with the toy in his possesion. And then in turn hold the parent accountable. But yeah, I could see how yelling at kids is cool.

15. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    now that's "civic responsibility"....not acting for or as the missing parent or an employee of the store.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  16. MunseMan

MunseMan Chuck Testa

News Credits:
    even though im only 13 i would have just told what he was doing is wrong and illegal and then tell him you could get in a lot of trouble for doing that.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Because that's what a mature and responsible parent does.

:thumbs2: 

18. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

Stop being a jerk dude he didnt do it to be cool he did it because the kid was screwing with the figures

19. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Giving a better way to handle the situation is hardly being a jerk sir. Thank you for the name calling.

20. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and by physically taking the toy a whole shit storm could happen. Then he could have been charged with assult or someother bullshit charge.

It's not about acting like a parent or being cool or thinking your superior, it's about doing something to stop someone (ANYONE) commiting a crime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.