A perfect reason why you can yell at little kids (TF toys)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I swear, everyday, EVERY BLESSED DAY, the threads in these forums get wilder and wilder.

2. newguy

newguy i

Times have changed since we were little kids. I believe this stupid behavior hit a high with the kids of 1994 and younger. A select few kids (I'm one of them) managed to be a normal kid. Now we face hyper fat children destroying the original meaning of a "normal kid". It is hard to hold your self back from beating these little for their stupid behavior, but we need to face the fact that times have changed.

3. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so.. what if an employee saw the kid rip open the toys?

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I'm sure he what have stopped him too. It's like an instinct in little kids when someone bigger than you begins yelling you automatically cry and run off.

And please people, I did something right. Anyone would have done the same thing and I doubt if the mother actually gave a living shit about her kid she would track me down and take me to court. It's obvious she doesn't because she would have followed her kid running at like frigging a mile an hour. I blame both the parents for not teaching their kid the proper way and the kid for having no common sense in doing whats right and whats wrong.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    You have to know how to handle situations. And at 16 years, you have a lot to learn.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other day I was at TRU looking at the exclusive I was thinking about purchasing when three boys around the ages of 9 appeared out of nowhere and tried to take over the whole TF section.

They were hoping I would step aside, but I did'nt budge. One of their mother was standing few feet away watching and did'nt say a word.

7. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    yes yes yes yes yes. QFT. ive got 2 younger siblings just like your description.

and i probably would have done the same thing you did godziboy, minus the "yelling". id most likely just give the kid a stern lecture, find and tell an employee and the parent what went down.

-rikkuluverx2

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's when I'd bust out my nunchaku and put the fear of my alpha in them.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I really doubt what you did qualifies as being "right". Maybe going off to find an associate, even though they would probably care less, would have been right. You going off at the mouth on an impulse because the child was more vulnerable than you is wrong. How would you handle say some dude 6"10" 300 lbs doing the same thing. I'm sure your mommy will hold you tonight and tell you that you were right, so why do you need high fives from us even though your not going to get any.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, the kid was ripping open toys on the shelf? Good for you then. No, seriously, not only is that illegal... a kid of that age should know better. I probably would have done the same with the "Excuse me, but what are you doing" and than I would have alerted an employee (probably one of the dept. or store managers) like you did. I mean, I don't know what was going on with the child, but nothing really excuses that kind of behavior.

What really gets me is that this child was apparently unsupervised in the store (I'm a father and my young daughter stays with me at all times in any store we go into... period!), but working for Wal-Mart I really shouldn't be surprised at all. There's been plenty of times we've had a Code Adam, found the child, brought them up to guest services, called the parents over the pager... and than wait and wait and wait for the parent to show up. Know when the parent finally shows up? After they've done checked out! I wanted to just yell in this one lady's face "WE ARE NOT YOUR DAMNED BABYSITTER!"... unfortunately... I like my job... mostly.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  11. Tyrannosaur

Holy shit, Vangelus, it's an honor for you to reply in a thread I started lol.

Nunchaku. Bad experience I had with them. I seriously hope I can reproduce after that incident.

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really think a child who's mommy took him to walmart has the right to scream and yell at another child regardless of what they are doing. Alert an employee and have them deal with it but you don't yell at somebody else's kid. If somebody yelled at my kids I would punch them in the mouth regardless of what my kid was doing.

13. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    What were they doing, specifically? Just being rude and trying to nudge you out of the way, or what?

I'm only 15, but I'd probably say the best way to handle the situation is this:
    1. Ask the kid what he's doing, and why.
    2. If he mouths off, try to find his parents and inform them of his behavior.
    3. The parents SHOULD deal with the kid. It's not really your responsibilty to discipline children, but if the parents do nothing, then you should make sure the parents hear it.

Of course, alerting a worker at the store would be good to. If you disagree with me, feel free to tell me. These are just some quick ideas I came up with.

14. Tyrannosaur

Ok you are comparing apples and oranges. If it was this giant that you described I would have alerted an employee because this guy should definetley know better. THE KID WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG! I told the employee that a kid was ripping open stuff in an isle and ran off, I didn't want to make it a big issue as if it was an adult doing the same thing. Your post is devoid of logic and common sense.

15. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to, "it takes a village to raise a child." ?

I really don't see what the OP did wrong. He didn't smack the kid or throw something at him. He saw an 8-10 year old who's obviously old enough to know better start destroying a toy aisle because his 'mommy' apparently wasn't going to let him get a toy. Does the child react like any normal kid does and just accept the fact? No, he apparently runs away from his mom and goes on a destructive tizzy fit. How do you know the kid wasn't ripping open the package because he intended to steal the toy? An adult or person of authority telling some little kid that's doing something wrong, "Hey! What are you doing!" and the kid running off? There's nothing wrong with that.

Too many "Parents" these days seem to be doing no actual parenting. I'm sick of little kids running around in stores unsupervised, tearing the place apart. My GF and I have personally put toy aisles/TF sections back together when we're out shopping because little kids have completely torn the aisle apart with figures scattered all over the floor and everywhere, some packages ripped open, etc. Where are the parents? Where are the people who should have told those little brats, "hey, stop what you're doing, it's wrong!"

I think the OP did a fine job, if the kid got scared and cried, then good! He knew he was doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing and he got caught.

Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go tell some kids to get off my lawn.

16. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Wait, so was the kid ripping the toy out from the packaging or something?

17. Tyrannosaur

Thank you Malikon for defending me there. And yes the kid was ripping apart a deluxe figure package.

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is not telling a kid no. I work in retail and you often find lost kids, misbehaving kids and so on. I have even helped parents lecture their kids about stealing. Often times when a kid is miss behaving you can simply ask them where there parents are and they will stop doing whatever it is that they are doing.

The kid who started the thread YELLED at the other kid saying ""Excuse me, what the hell do you think you're doing?" is not the right way to handle it no matter what.

19. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the kid should know better, thats a parenting fail. But i think u could have handled it differently. did u actually yell at him?

20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    How are they apples and oranges? Why alert the associate for an adult, but not a child. Is it because you can feel superior to the boy and thump your chest while you boss him/her around? Also if you find an associate maybe then they can hold the parent accountable for the merchandise they destroyed or opened up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.