A humorous side of Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

In the DOTM comic book, Foundation, it is slated that, rather than being the Creater God/Cybertron itself, Primus was merely the first Cybertronian creation of the Allspark, and also the most powerful, since the Dynasty of Primes were named from his legacy. So, if it's any consolation, Cybertron's destruction does not equal Primus' death.

As for the pillar, well, since the novel had it merely teleported back to its origin, Bee and Ratchet could have assumed that with the control pillar gone, the remaining pillars would have simply reversed teleportation. Unluckily enough, it didn't.

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Also apparantly Phone lines are like...stimuli to Transformers.

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Oh ok I gotcha... Back on topic, the backyard scene is great IMHO... I don't understand why people gotta get all serious about a bunch of made up shit. Ironhide's dialogue about killin he parents is funny, but Primes reply is out right hilarious! "What is wrong with you!!?!!??" :lol 

p.s. I never actually noticed Ratchet goading Ironhide on before... Just makes it so much funnier!

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    this

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I don't get why people have interpreted that moment in that way. I have always thought it was Ratchet pushing Ironhides gun down and saying "yeah, yeah, yeah" as if he meant
    " yeah we get it, now shut up".

Another character moment for the pair is when they confront sector 7, and they push each other around as they circle around the car.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't say it fit with the established canon, especially not the sub-canons of the comics and novels. I said it was funny and I liked that the idea had become "a thing".

I liked in the first film how Ratchet was completely oblivious of human subtlety, even if he was aware of how we worked. I found the idea of a Transformer looking at us the way we look at machines to be an interesting one, even if he has the bedside manner of a shark.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

O rly? My bad.

Subtlety is a difficult skill to master, even for an advanced alien robot capable of camouflage-orientated shapeshifting :lolol 

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Can you kill a world that's already dead?

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Huh. I never thought of that interaction that way. Granted, I never thought of it as "Ratchet wants to slaughter the humans" either. I never really knew how to take that shot other than "lulz, they're acting funny around the humans".

Or even when Sam asks the 'Bots to back off in his backyard and Optimus orders them to fall back. Ratchet gives Ironhide a shove, saying "Move!", causing him to brush up against a tree (and by "brush up" I mean "cause half of the tree and its branches to shake violently back and forth"). Ironhide sort of stumbles as well. It's little moments like that that make the scene and are sorely lacking (but not completely absent) from RotF and DotM.

10. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its just showing he agrees that the parents are annoying. I don't think he means it literally. I think Ironhide does, though.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still say anything Ratchet in Prime does will still out do Bayverse Ratchet.

Shame, he had a cool design (even though he lacks the chevron)

12. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

No wonder he's called doctor of doom.

13. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Me too.

14. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    TF4, I want a Ratchet like the TFP Ratchet. The Bayverse Ratchet can stay the same, just make him red and white + the witty humor.

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Well, you could if it was Zombie Cybertron.

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I prefer movie-verse Ratchet as he is thank you very much: Calm. Noble. Wise. A true gentleman, even when mocking people ["This fool is terribly misinformed" instead of, say, "You're an idiot"], keep Prime's Ratchet [for the more awesome he is] snarkiness where it belongs: TFP.

Another excellent example being his very last line on DOTM: "You fought bravelly." to a shaken Bumblebee, providing support to his comrade. Really, for the movies, I'd rather have moments like this than TFP-Ratchet's sarcasm.

Even because, his gentleman-esque ways provide contrast to the others Autobots [BB, who has the mentality of a pre-teen, Ironhide who is a violent trigger-happy lunatic, Sideswipe the arrogant and immature warrior, the list goes on].

I still say: Give Ratchet the spotlight. He's an excellent character on the movies with the little screen-time he had. Imagine if we focus on him more.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

18. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

this was my second favorite scene, only second to the introduction scene. you hear Optimus scold Ironhide but not Ratchet who i think says "can I take them out?" ya know how funny that would be. Ratchet's always been the calm one..... NOT THIS TIME :lol 

19. frenzyXprime

frenzyXprime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I never noticed Ratchet doing that before.

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The win is strong in this one.