A Gaktastic Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Takeshi357, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Yes, let's talk about this absolutely foul-smelling substance that looked like some kind of industrial waste and would absorb dust, fingergrease and hair like a vacuum cleaner and was probably the chagrin of all parents everywhere with it's farting noises...and also happened to be one of those must-have toys of the early 90's.

So apparently it's back. While I do entertain the notion of actually snatching myself a new one, as an adult you kind of realize that it's ultimate pretty useless. However, for a kid, it's bound to be a blast so I just might buy at least one anyway, if for no other reason than giving it to my nephew for Christmas or something.

If you're a 90's kid like me, we can at least discuss our memories regarding this lovely lump of goo. I myself remember buying one container of the original Gak way back on a class field trip (which, at least over here, also included an obligatory shopping trip). I can't remember what happened to the thing, but I do remember it's amazing dirt-absorbing ability and the fact that it just seemed to reduce in mass over the months or even years I actually owned it. Back then I couldn't understand a word of english so I couldn't read the instructions so I guess mine just dried up and I threw it away.

Does anyone know if the Ghostbusters slime they had back in the 80's was any different?

2. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Threw some Gak in my sister's hair once, didn't go over so well for me after they buzzed her head to get it out.