A fishy situation: The Fish owner thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sylent, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Our male Betta, Blue finally succumbed to health issues and passed away this morning. He survived a case of Popeye for the longest time and was constantly struggling just to move. He would just sit on the tank decorations and just look around as he didn't have the strength to swim around. He even lost interest in showing off to the female Betta in an adjacent tank. We got him vitamins, but ultimately, that didn't help. Blue lived for a year and a few months.

I think my Mom changed the tank water too often. Whenever the water looked cloudy, she would purge the water, which isn't good for the fish.

2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    So I got a new betta today, an azul crowntail that I've named Indigo. He's new but omg is he not gorgeous. He's settling in well, but as soon it was feeding time he just started shooing the other fish away. The others had been around longer, but I'm surprised they didn't start establishing the pecking order with him. Nope! Boss mode kicked in for him and he was making good on it by chasing the two guppies, but he's ignoring the danio. Hope you like him!

The veiltail is Ace. Indigo is pretty boi.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Havent updated in a while...

My planted tank got a makeover. Cut out a bunch of dead leaves and trimmed down some serious overgrowth. Added 3 gold gouramis as well. Will probably reposition some of the plants later.

20210113_114618.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Sun Catfish makes a rare appearance!

20220224_195506.jpg

This guy normally hides all day and only comes out at night. I was siphoning the gunk out if this tank (its bare bottom) and moved the large ornament this guy likes to hide in to clean under it and he scurried out and found refuge under that rock (its actually calcified coral). After about 5 minutes he swam back to his favorite spot once I put it back.

• Like Like x 2