A fifth Mass Effect might still happen.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Purple Heart, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Mass Effect Andromeda Gets Xbox One X-Enhanced

I hope so. Andromeda was fucked over in so many ways, there was never anyway it could have been a success, and then EA just completly threw it under the bus after fucking it over. Mass Effect doesn’t deserve that, and I hope we can get another shot to return to form.

• Like Like x 1
  2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    N7 Day showed nothing except announcing... an X-Box One remaster? Sigh. Disappointed.

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Even if it does happen, the damage has been done. No one will buy it at launch. It'll have to get amazing reviews and word of mouth for a lot of people to get back in to it.

4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why? Because Andromeda was done by a completely different team at a completely different part of Bioware?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    BioWare has made it clear that they aren’t done with Mass Effect yet. Just need to do course correction first.

Now the question should be, where to return to? Andromeda, the Milky Way, or something new all together?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Who were handed basically the most revered space opera RPG IP in the past decade and made a total hash of it. Oh yes, I got Andromeda on launch and the experience was so fucking awful I haven't been back to it since.

• Like Like x 2
  7. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

But why?

8. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I removed it from my console, not worthy of being part of the collection.

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    The real question here.

How about we just “reboot” it, in an alternate universe but have that fact play a huge role in the trilogy?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'd stay in Andromeda and jump a few hundred years ahead so they have more to work with instead of small colonies and mostly empty planets.

I think the real issue is whether Bioware even have the option of making the single player RPG we actually want and whether they will even be around in a few years to do it if Anthem doesen't make a shitload of money.

• Like Like x 2
  11. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Do the majority actually care about anthem? Might just be me but the whole thing seems luke warm.

Maybe that’s just me though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Eh. I wouldn't mind playing another game in Andromeda. Just do a decent enough time skip so the environments are more developed/interesting than barran landscapes that I have drive forever to cross.

Also make Fem Ryder have more interesting Lesbian partners.

• Like Like x 1
  13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I enjoyed Andromeda, but I don't have the reverence that hardcore ME have for the series. Though the driving around was fun at first, like the last MGS, grew old fast.

14. kevchy

kevchy Active Member

It's a Destiny clone, from the looks of it.

And we all know how Destiny turned out.

15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have no interest in Anthem. I’m not really into Destiny style games at all.

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah I got the base of Destiny 2 for free off BNet and like it plays fine and looks nice, but that's about all I can say for it. And with the powers I'm throwing around I feel it would play better in third person.

17. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I think the worst thing about Anthem is that it's incredibly transparent that it's a game designed by market analysts and developed by committee rather then a title with any sort of real vision behind it. Even Battlefield and FIFA come across like the people running those games love what they are doing and are guiding the development, but allot of the Anthem presentation at E3 came across like an infomercial presented by people that have been defeated by the system.

• Like Like x 1
  18. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

One of the main developers of the original trilogy, Casey Hudson, who helped make Mass Effect what it was, left Bioware around the time of ME 3. The rest of the ME staff were assigned to Anthem, while the small Canadian studio that made the ME 3 Leviathan DLC got the task of making an entire game (whose scope and focus changed several times in development - thanks to constant staff changes and corporate mandates). It was a spectacular failure because it was a spectacular mess.

Hudson recently returned to Bioware as the general manager of the company. Any new ME game would be under his watch (Anthem was 2/3 developed before his return, so no high hopes there).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Mass Effect 4 set in the original timeline after The Reaper invasion. The Galaxy is being rebuilt, only to discover a new threat even scarier than the Reapers. If we must have Shepard, use the clone from the Mandatory shore leave dlc who was rescued from his/her fall with no memory of anything including being a clone and no one knowing he/she is not the original Sheppard. Keep the game the length similar to the originals instead of Andromeda, but include Andromeda's exploration possibilities. Just don't make them main plot mandatory.

The games characters would be mostly newcomers has most of the team has either dead, retired, and/or has a position that doesn't allow them to go blasting around the galaxy with Shepard. Cameo the survivors from the first three games (because we like them), but otherwise, everyone assigned to the New Normandy is brand new (except the ships AI/Pilot which is a personality overlay of Joker). The ship itself would be a character as well, as she would be the first ship off the line using the Reapers organic technology and is therefore alive.

The plot could be similar to Mass Effect: The Normandy is racing around the galaxy trying to find and stop a doomsday device built by (someone) that was created to destroy all life in the galaxy except said (someone) and end the threat of the Reapers in one shot in the process (using the Mass Relays like the Crucible). The countdown to this was started by the main antagonist of the game because (reasons), giving the Normandy's crew someone to fight along the way. The game ends with them finding and stopping the device and in the process awaking the race that created it....

• Like Like x 1
  20. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Yes, glad to hear he's back after the mess of a failure that Andromeda became.