A few tansformers questions from a newb

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ricprime, Feb 26, 2007.

1. ricprime

ricprime Banned

Ok, here goez:

1.what,who, created the transformers/primus/unicron?

2. How did g1 end? did Galvatron die?

3. are R.i.d., Armada, and Energon characters all the same? If so, why do they look different?

4.Who/what are the vok?

Please don't get pissed at me. I am new to Transforemrs. (Well, sorta.)

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    1: It depends on your source. In the cartoon, Primus wasn't there. Unicron was created by the apparently-immortal Primacron, and the Transformers were built by the Quintessons as workers and soldiers, who would evolve into Autobot and Decepticon. In the comics, Unicron was a fallen god who sought peace my eliminating everything in the universe. He succeeded, went to sleep, and when he woke up the universe was back. Primus was a being of energy who battled Unicron many times and eventually took the fight to the astral plane, and when the two returned to the physical universe, Primus trapped Unicron, and himself, inside planetoids. Unicron shaped his over time into the form we know him as, and Primus became Cybertron, where he created the Transformers as a means to stop Unicron one day, starting with 13, who included Vector Prime and The Fallen.

2: G1 was ongoing in Japan after the US cartoon, which ended with Galvatron and Scorponok flying away from Cybertron that just began it's new golden age. Going through japanese continuity, Galvatron was "killed" when the Headmasters defeated him in the arctic and he was buried in ice. A being named Dark Nova brought him back to life as Super Megatron, and later Ultra Megatron, and finally merged with him to become Star Giant. All were beaten, eventually for good, by Star Convoy, the original Prime reborn.

3: RID is completely seperate. Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are all one trilogy of series with 10 years seperating each, and the looks are due to upgrades recieved between those series. Some characters from Armada can be seen in Energon, specifically Demolishor, Cyclonus, and Tidal Wave, in their original forms but in new color schemes before their remodeling.

4: In the later comic books, there was a sentient plague called the Swarm who were the byproduct of Generation 2 transformers, transformers who could reproduce. After the events of the comic book, the Swarm left, having adapted the knowledge and good inside the Matrix. They eventually evolved into the Vok we saw in Beast Wars, but in the show the origin was never revealed.

3. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Omegus Prime answer is great, but I wanna say sth about number 3:

- Armada, Energon and Cybertron are based on Japanese Anime: Micron Legends, Superlink and Galaxy Force, and though Armada, Energon and Cybertron are indeed a trilogy, Galaxy Force is not in Japan. Superlink is a sequel to Micron Legends, but Galaxy Force was a series in an all new universe.

Now I hope Omegus Prime don't get pissed with me :lol :

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

No problemo due.

1) Check out these links about Primus and Unicron, it tells it better than I could explain myself
    Primus- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primus_%28Transformers%29
    Unicron- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicron

2) Depending how you want to think of it, G1 ended with Rebirth, where at the end there is some peace between the two factions, but the series continued with Headmasters in japan(which I think is supposed to negate Rebirth) here's a bit more info on the series, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_series

3)RiD is it's own seperate thing. Armada, Energon and Cybertron are it's own thing as well that connect together between the three shows.

4) The Vok are an advanced race of aliens that were in Beast Wars and here's a bunch more info on them, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vok.

I hope that helps you.

5. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Heh, not mad at all, I meant to include it myself but it seemed like he wasn't aware of the japanese continuity differences so I kept it simplified.

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Yup. I've been watching the Headmasters episodes for the first time recently, and they totally do away with Rebirth, it seems. As far as those episodes are concerned, I don't even think there was a Golden Age, as was seen at the end of Rebirth. The Headmasters came from a different planet, and the headmaster heads, themselves, weren't even humanoid, but just small robots that Transformed into heads. At least that is what I gathered from watching what I have so far.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    First of all, welcome to the forums!

Though that's a point of contention, as in the Manga, we clearly see that Super Megatron was a seperate entity which dug up and destroyed Galvatron's body, so some fans of the Japanese continuity see Galvatron and Super Megatron as two seperate entities, while others argue that Galvatrons Spark was used, and he just destroyed the old body.

At any rate, the answer to the first question, as stated, is it depends on which continuity you like.

As to this one,
    While it was answered quite adequately, I'll also add that at no point was RiD supposed to be integrated. Car Robots was a stand alone series which wasn't to feature Optimus and Megatron, but rather Fire Convoy and Gigatron, two completely seperate individuals from Optimus and Megatron, and was made for Japanese audiences. It was nearly a year later when the series was ported over to the US, renamed as RiD, and those unique elements to the characters/leaders were wiped out, and we were given the rather bland personafications of Optimus and Megatron.

8. ricprime

ricprime Banned

So, lemee see if I got this...

Galvatron and the autobots got along in the end.

Why would the Quintessions create transformers?

So, the armada, energon, and cybertron primes and megs are all the same?

Still a bit confused about primus/unicron.

9. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

- The Quints created the transformers to sell them to other planet's people. You have transport vehicles and military vehicles, that with time will eventually learn to transform andevolve into Autobots and Decepticons, fully sentient mechanical beings.

- Yep, that's it supposed to be.

- It depends if you talk about cartoon (which cartoon) or comics.

10. TJOmega

News Credits:
    No no no, Galvatron was in retreat at the end of the G1 cartoon, Scorponok had just been beaten by Fortress Maximus.

The Quintessons created them to be slaves, one style for labor, one style for millitary. Cybertron was a factory they built to mass produce the robots. They'd use them for gladitorial combat, for any manual labor, even have them build themselves once they were too lazy to do it themselves. Eventually the robots evolved self-awareness and intelligence and revolted against the Quintessons, forcing them off Cybertron.

Yes, in the US continuity, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron Optimus and Megatron are all the same.

For Primus and Unicron... well, you're not alone. There's some argument over the various origins and how they've changed with different series and comics revisiting those elements.

11. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

12. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Don't get confused, it's me, ricprime. Dont ask. anyway, I am working on a combination primus/unicron origon story. Here is a quick summary. Would this fit in?...

Before the dawn of time, Order and Chaos existed within an extradimensional entity known as the One. He created twin astral beings to reign over the cosmos: Primus and Unicron. As brothers, they worked in peace to assure calm throughout the cosmos. Until the fatefull day when primus and unicron would be separated from each other in an astroid field. And now, with their power divided, it was the perfect time for one being to strike. He was one that had witnessed the Quintesions work and took it too his advantage. He had made many Robots, but wanted to clean the galaxy and rewrite it as his own. He was Primacron. Through events that were extraordinary and lost to history, Primacron somehow captured Unicron and reprogrammed him to do his bidding. Evil Bidding. Weeks after that, Primus and Unicron met i the same asteroid field
    they got separated in, and fought. In the end, Primus trapped both himself and Unicron in the asteroid field until they both evolved into planets...

You like? Any suggestions?

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Its funny how many people have answered this question, all essentially saying the same thing.

14. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Ooooooookkkkkkk

15. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    I'll throw in a fresh response to one of the questions...
    My favorite backdrop for Transformers has always been in the comic pages, and there G1 ended with a bang. the marvel comic never jumped to 2005, and stayed in modern day until the very end.

A fight deep beneath the surface of Cybertron between the Decepticon pretenders and Grimlock, Jazz, and Bumblebee accidentally awakens Primus. He comes online in a jolt, letting out a primal scream heard on the other side of the Universe by Unicron. Unicron, now aware of the location of his old enemy, begins his travel to destroy cybertron and calls in re-enforcements from 2009... specifically Galvatron from an alternate future where he rules earth.

Galvatron turned on Unicron and helped lead the defense when he attacked. Optimus Prime reclaimed the Matrix from Thunderwing (thats a long story...) and was able to blow up Unicron from the inside, dying in the process.

In all the confusion that followed, Shockwave and Starscream hijacked the Ark (which had long since been repaired and spaceworthy again) and headed toward Earth since the planet had no Transformer presence when all autobots and Decepticons were called back to Cybertron to fight Unicron. Galvatron stowed away and found himself face to face with Megatron, who was being held in stasis on board (another long story). Knowing the only way to end the vicious cycle and keep Unicron from ever getting to him again is to make sure he doesn't exist, Galvatron begins to beat Megatron before Shockwave and Starscream intervene.

This fight leads the ark to another crash on earth, where only Galvatron survives. Spike Witwicky had long hung up his control over Fortress Maximus, but when Galvatron starts tearing up Canada, Spike puts on his headmaster exo-suit one last time for a fight. Galvatron dies, Spike/FortMax is the last remaining Transformer on Earth.

then theres the last issue which ties up a lot of loose ends and gives hope for the future, but I loved the entire Galvatron arc so much, if the book had ended with that image of the beaten Maximus staring down at Galvatron, I'd have been fine with that.